Official "I have Doom 3" thread.

People paying that much because they can't wait a couple days...sheesh.

OMG! Wow people are SOOO impatient. It's less than a fricken week, and with shipping, by the time it goes through, they could have walked to the store and just bought it for around $50.

Starting bid $80....man the human race is sad.

Stupid really, why pay 80 USD when 2 days after you can pay 50 USD.

I could understand if it was out on the 13th in the US.

I would pay quite a bit if I could get it now (and afford it), instead of waiting to the 13th.

Adrien C said:
Stupid really, why pay 80 USD when 2 days after you can pay 50 USD.
You should ask the peeps who bought it..

Feath said:
I could understand if it was out on the 13th in the US.

I would pay quite a bit if I could get it now (and afford it), instead of waiting to the 13th.

yeah but paying £55-70 now or £35 on the 13th.................you choose :D

Ha, by the time you get it it will be the 2nd of August. A day before the release date. What's the point?

I'm still hoping for a demo really soon. I want to play it.

I got to wait till the 10th of August when Doom3 hit the stores here. Hell, I probably could wait even longer because I have to wait on my ordered X800xt, already ordered and payed by bankaccount. I didn't expect ATi got major shipping/production problems!

If doom 3 was this bad.. I can only begin to imagine what HL2 will be like 3 days from release....

Zeus said:
If doom 3 was this bad.. I can only begin to imagine what HL2 will be like 3 days from release....

BAD meaning OMG its so awsome + scary
BAD meaning OMG id made a lazy game !!!

Zeus said:

I know, I really hope it's a worldwide ship date otherwise it's going to be even worse seeing people talk about it.

Also, I will hate anyone who gets Half-Life 2 early. Hate them with a passion that has never been seen before on this Earth.

Ah game releases, the one thing bad about the UK. Always later than the USA.

Gorgon said:
BAD meaning OMG its so awsome + scary
BAD meaning OMG id made a lazy game !!!

Bad meaning people going nuts and spending over 50 dollars more than they have to for a game to get it one day early.

So has anyone gotten Doom 3 from Gamestop? Or have all of them changed their date to the 4th?

I called up gamestop a few hours ago there like "it's not out yet". I didn't ask them for their release date cuz I was kinda in a rush.

Buying it now from that guy for $100 dollar is kinda dumb idd. But a smart move from the person who is selling it. He has patience, and is trying to make some profit ;)

BAH!! The lady at Best Buy had me for a second...

I asked her if they had Doom 3 in...she checks the floor...comes back.

"Yeah, we have it. Do you want me to hold a copy for you?"

"!!! Wait..you have Doom 3 for PC in?"

"Yes."
*Goes to put shoes on and pulls out carkeys*

"How much is it?"

"$9.99"
*I stop dead in my tracks...*

"Oh....So that's a pre-order."

"Ummmm.....oh...yeah it is..."

"Ok..thanks though."

TRICKERY!!

I wish I had some small gaming store near me. All I have are Gamestops and EB's... Already tried Walmart and Kmart. Bah.

i'm in no hurry, probably won't even be able to run it on my current pc.

I have 1.4 gig
Geforce 4 ti 4400
512 ram
I am pretty confident it will run on my system.

According to the order status of my doom 3 purchase, my game shipped out today and i should receive it tomorrow for overnite shipping. We'll see.

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
Please only post in here if you have the game and want to tell us about it, dont just fill it up with spam.

I've ploughed through 5 pages and no-one has it. waste of time.

guinny said:
According to the order status of my doom 3 purchase, my game shipped out today and i should receive it tomorrow for overnite shipping. We'll see.
Getting a delivery on Sunday would be something new... ;)

So many people going crazy for doom 3 in here. Cant wait 2 see you guys when half-life 2 is in. Its going 2 be chaotic. Anyways I have been calling around and I called Future Shop dont know if you americans know about that store but they told me that they should be getting it tomorrow if not sunday. So im looking forward 2 that if they are telling the truth.

Back