Official requirements from the man himself...

CrazyHarij said:
I think I'm going to buy like 512kb more RAM
If you can find a store with that kind of RAM nowadays, I'll consider buying it for you if you really need it :E

Alec_85 said:
If you can find a store with that kind of RAM nowadays, I'll consider buying it for you if you really need it :E

what a performance gain :O :p

everyone knew it would be cpu heavy (over 1gig) :O

look at all the games out now most are above 1gig as min ...... :cheers:

FFS **** YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

CrazyHarij said:
I think I'm going to buy like 512kb more RAM and a new graphics card, Radeon x800 pro maybe.. Will have to save for a long time to afford that though. :X

lol, yeah that 512kb is crazy expensive nowadays. :E

honest mistake though :cheers:

how is this a benchmark lol...its just the requirements.

My setup:

P4 2.4GHz
ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
Radeon 9600Pro All-In-Wonder
512MB PC4000 Kingston HyperX DDR (one stick)
*** 10GB 5400 RPM HD!!! *** (Serious bottleneck! Replacement on the way. 120GB SATA)
Creative Labs Live! 5.1 sound card

That HAS to be enough to play HL2, right??

pvtlon said:
My setup:

P4 2.4GHz
ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
Radeon 9600Pro All-In-Wonder
512MB PC4000 Kingston HyperX DDR (one stick)
*** 10GB 5400 RPM HD!!! *** (Serious bottleneck! Replacement on the way. 120GB SATA)
Creative Labs Live! 5.1 sound card

That HAS to be enough to play HL2, right??

:eek: :eek: :eek: ....err read the first post of this thread.

I read the first post. So the suggested specs should play the game with everything on and maxxxed out? ..That's more like what I was asking.

pvtlon said:
I read the first post. So the suggested specs should play the game with everything on and maxxxed out? ..That's more like what I was asking.

ill let you know when the game comes out if you can run absolutly everything m"axxxed out" ;)

x84D80Yx said:
ill let you know when the game comes out if you can run absolutly everything m"axxxed out" ;)

I won't be visiting these forums once the game comes out. :afro:

pvtlon said:
I won't be visiting these forums once the game comes out. :afro:

*plays Star Trek theme

well im all above recommended until it says dx9 card :( ...

must hold off from buying a card..

Is that a 2.4 intel or athlon, though? (I suspect intel)

intel...if it was athlon youd have to have a amd 64 3400+ :p to meet 2.4 ghz ;)

of course..i mean..you are human...arent you? :naughty:

CTTcrew_MrBlue said:
There not to bad but I do feel sorry for all those people who were promised it would work on there 700 mhz cpu :x

if anyone has a 700mhz computer they should be shot.

-merc

merc said:

-merc

that's a little harsh

not everyone has the luxary of being able to upgrade or buy new everytime their equipment starts to become outdated.

craigweb said:
and in 2006 (it'll prolly be Q4 btw), 3.2ghz (3200+) will be low end spec.

What would you call low end cpu currently? 1.2ghz? (hl2 min spec)

Just so you know, the 2.6ghz(2600+) / 2.8ghz(2800+) came out TWO years ago now, and I certainly wouldn't call them "low end spec"

The fastest consumer P4 is now 3.4ghz. So, in two years, I sincerely doubt 3.2 ghz will be "low end spec". More likely middle tier.

However, I'm super excited about UE3 and all it has to offer, and I have no problem upgrading to be able to play it.

-TaNaKa- said:
2006? Stop living in the future. In 2006 its just a matter of some upgrading like CPU and gfx card right? Or do we need like new main boards also?

I have a 900 mghz CPU at the moment. New pc is coming. Im so tired of this computer. It cant keep up with internet/gaming/me/everything anymore.

By 2006, you're going to need a new motherboard, cpu, ram, AND video card. PCI express is basically making everything you have right now, outdated. But it's also providing SLI capabilities again!!! woot!!!

And you have to live in the future as far as hardware goes, so that you can make smart hardware decisions, and be able to plan ahead and save.

ACLeroK212 said:
that's a little harsh

not everyone has the luxary of being able to upgrade or buy new everytime their equipment starts to become outdated.

True.. Some people are just too well off in this god damn world :flame:

lans said:
Gabe Newell posted this day before yesterday, on HL2fallout. I'm sure this has been posted around on the cs:s board, but it'll help causing less confusion if someone stickies it?

Min:
1.2 GHz Processor
256MB RAM
DirectX 7 graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard

Preferred:
2.4 GHz Processor
512MB RAM
DirectX 9 graphics card
Windows 2000/XP
Mouse
Keyboard

w00t! 2.96Ghz, here I come full-detail.

Well, I'm running an Athlon XP 2400+ at the normal speed. Anyone think I'll have to overclock it? I hear the 2400+ has quite a bit of headroom...

Brian Damage said:
Well, I'm running an Athlon XP 2400+ at the normal speed. Anyone think I'll have to overclock it? I hear the 2400+ has quite a bit of headroom...

I heard lotsa people OC the 2500+ to 3200 speeds. Probably same can be done with 2400+ with good cooling.

I remember Doug saying anything above 1.4 Ghz would see no improvement in performance. Now the recommended spec is 2.4 GHz.

Kudos people who moaned and moaned til Valve turned the game from something everyone could play into just another high spec game.

Crusader said:
I remember Doug saying anything above 1.4 Ghz would see no improvement in performance. Now the recommended spec is 2.4 GHz.

Kudos people who moaned and moaned til Valve turned the game from something everyone could play into just another high spec game.

Hold your horses there bob, it's not like it's going to be like farcry. Okay they upped the min. and recommended specs a bit, but that's to be expected I mean the game is still being made.

CB | Para said:
Hold your horses there bob, it's not like it's going to be like farcry. Okay they upped the min. and recommended specs a bit, but that's to be expected I mean the game is still being made.

Great, because I'm happy they did :D It means more eye candy for us. :farmer:

VeZ said:
intel...if it was athlon youd have to have a amd 64 3400+ :p to meet 2.4 ghz ;)

Not if you have an xp-m ;) (2.6 gig and still rising \o/)

lol merc shut up. stop suckin mummies tits and get a job, your own house, a GF, a car. now tell me if u can afford to upgrade every 2 seconds :p

merc said:

-merc

I have a 700Mhz server...but I ain't playing anything on it :p Hey, before this comp I had to use that! And it was still around Sept 30.

SubKamran said:
I have a 700Mhz server...but I ain't playing anything on it :p Hey, before this comp I had to use that! And it was still around Sept 30.
The server is mightier than the client, so do the switcheroo.

dam... my pc:

athlon xp 2.1 ghz
256 ram
gf fx 5200 128mb 64 bits
win xp
i have a mouse :bounce:
and a keyboard :bounce:

lol... i think i have to increase RAM.. but is my processor and video card ok?

Back