Old games you'd love to play in SOURCE

Shuzer said:
I'd LOVE to see StarWars: Shadows of the Empire remade in source.. oh man, one of my favorite N64 games

Hell yess.....that was my first 3d game everrr, then came mario 64. oh man, i'm starting to remember the jet pack, the fight with boba fett and the city where u ride the hovercraft thingie. I couldn't beat the second to last level on hard but I could beat it on jedi, made no sense to me.

vicefredav444 said:
Hell yess.....that was my first 3d game everrr, then came mario 64. oh man, i'm starting to remember the jet pack, the fight with boba fett and the city where u ride the hovercraft thingie. I couldn't beat the second to last level on hard but I could beat it on jedi, made no sense to me.

ahh yes.. that game had so much class /me sheds a tear

bosox188 said:
Goldeneye, Mario 64, any of the good Star Wars games, Morrowind (the realistic physics and environments would just add to the game's already realistic feel).

Pls stop!

These are awful, awful ideas /o\ help

Warbie said:
Pls stop!

These are awful, awful ideas /o\ help

Goldeneye, if done properly, would be awesome..

then again, www.goldeneye-mod.net can't do it right (or, atleast their latest version was meh) :|

Anyhow, Shadows of the Empire is perfectly suited for source, IMO.. only good SW game worth converting!

Ok - if done prioperly. And that means keeping the same controls (N64 pad etc)

Play Golden Eye with a mouse - and it wouldn't be Golden Eye.

Warbie said:
Ok - if done prioperly. And that means keeping the same controls (N64 pad etc)

Play Golden Eye with a mouse - and it wouldn't be Golden Eye.

Agreed. Controller is the only way to play Goldeneye :)

AvP series for sure. The addition of physics physics alone would do wonders for that game, but add source and you've got a gem.

Shuzer said:
Goldeneye, if done properly, would be awesome..

then again, www.goldeneye-mod.net can't do it right (or, atleast their latest version was meh) :|

Anyhow, Shadows of the Empire is perfectly suited for source, IMO.. only good SW game worth converting!

yeh, coz remember goldeneye was a game that stayed in the top selling charts for like 2-3 years after it came out beating out newer games. If they can do it right, change the blocky models and stuff it would be insanely successful. dual rcp90s and multiplayer in the temple level...ahhhhh

also, is there another star wars game thats like shadows of the empire? if so, let me know. I played KOTOR but couldn't stand the gameplay.

vicefredav444 said:
yeh, coz remember goldeneye was a game that stayed in the top selling charts for like 2-3 years after it came out beating out newer games. If they can do it right, change the blocky models and stuff it would be insanely successful. dual rcp90s and multiplayer in the temple level...ahhhhh

also, is there another star wars game thats like shadows of the empire? if so, let me know. I played KOTOR but couldn't stand the gameplay.

Nope, Shadows of the Empire is a one of a kind game. I was so damn happy when I first put it in my N64, and after making a file, it went right into the hoth battle. What a classic.

I would like to play the best nintendo 64 game on Source.

Starfox

RTFMish said:
I would like to play the best nintendo 64 game on Source.

Starfox

Starfox was good, but Blast Corps was superior. What other game gives you a ranking of "You can stop now" when you beat it entirely? :LOL:

Blast Corps in source.... OMFG, that would rule every man, woman, and gypsy.

Sedako said:
Starfox was good, but Blast Corps was superior. What other game gives you a ranking of "You can stop now" when you beat it entirely? :LOL:

I still have Blast Corps to this day.. what a great game, Rare made most of the memorably good N64 games

Doom 2. I don't know if anyone posted this, but it would be sweet. I mean, it's perfect. I guess it would be kinda like copying Doom 3, but what I mean is to recreate the Doom 2 levels, not 'remix' the game by just adding doom elements. It would be interesting to see what Modders could come up with, like the zombies and imps...I think it has potential.

Shuzer said:
I still have Blast Corps to this day.. what a great game, Square made most of the memorably good N64 games

I think you mean Rare, but they do sound similar. :thumbs:

Sedako said:
I think you mean Rare, but they do sound similar. :thumbs:

lol, wow, complete typo.. I was looking at square games in another tab, my bad

But yes, Rare made great games. Only one I never really liked was DonkeyKong 64.. personally, I thought that game sucked :|

hmmmm.... I would actually consider playing any wrestling game with source :cheese:

Shuzer said:
lol, wow, complete typo.. I was looking at square games in another tab, my bad

But yes, Rare made great games. Only one I never really liked was DonkeyKong 64.. personally, I thought that game sucked :|

Yeah, I thought Banjo Kazooie was better. They were both the same type of game too.

Sedako said:

Dude!!!! YES!!!! Blast Corps was the best!!! As was Goldeneye. And I think Starfox 64 was amazing.

But you know what I want that none of you have mentioned???

Manhunt

If you havn't played it.....do so.... It was a hard and scary game. And I think it would have been better in first person view.

Conker's....Bad....Fur....Day....

/drool

I rented Blast Corps once. I speant 3 hours (literally) trying to figure out what I was supposed to do, all I remember is cycling through this big map thing. Then again, I was in about 6th grade at the time.

Fender357 said:
Dude!!!! YES!!!! Blast Corps was the best!!! As was Goldeneye. And I think Starfox 64 was amazing.

But you know what I want that none of you have mentioned???

Manhunt

If you havn't played it.....do so.... It was a hard and scary game. And I think it would have been better in first person view.

I didn't really like Manhunt all that much. I played it all the way through and at no point was I ever impressed. I thought that it was too repetitive, and rockstar went overboard on weapons and death animations. Other than that, the game progressed too slowly for my liking.

Sedako said:
Nope, Shadows of the Empire is a one of a kind game. I was so damn happy when I first put it in my N64, and after making a file, it went right into the hoth battle. What a classic.

that sucks, I wish I could get that feeling back again. I bugged the hell out of toys "r" us for 3 months and they finally had a n64 in stock but no mario 64. so I had to settle for Shadows of the empire, it blew me away. The gameplay was so nice and music is playing in my head right now.

Starfox was nuts too, the train level with the tank. can't wait for star fox 2.

Donkeykong 64 did suck, the only rare game I didn't beat. oh well

vicefredav444 said:
that sucks, I wish I could get that feeling back again. I bugged the hell out of toys "r" us for 3 months and they finally had a n64 in stock but no mario 64. so I had to settle for Shadows of the empire, it blew me away. The gameplay was so nice and music is playing in my head right now.

Starfox was nuts too, the train level with the tank. can't wait for star fox 2.

Donkeykong 64 did suck, the only rare game I didn't beat. oh well

There is a new Starfox title in the making, but unfortunately, it's the same kind of game as Starfox adventures...

Sedako said:
There is a new Starfox title in the making, but unfortunately, it's the same kind of game as Starfox adventures...

goto cube.ign.com, they have some new clips of it. Its the same style as the original except for the tanks, I think u can drive them freely.

vicefredav444 said:
goto cube.ign.com, they have some new clips of it. Its the same style as the original except for the tanks, I think u can drive them freely.

Thanks. The trailer I saw only showcased the ground aspect of the game, so I assumed it was like Starfox adventures. I wish they'd make a new Starfox game with the origional completely flight based formula.

StarFox will never be the same now that Rare won't develop it for the cube.. Adventures was a great game, despite it being completely differen than SF

A remake of the SNES classic Shadowrun... In first person, ala Deus Ex.

*creams pants.

Ok here we go... Diablo, Diablo 2, Diablo 2 LoD, Aliens VS Predator 1 and 2 plus the expansion, Jedi Knight, GTA3 & Vice City, Final Fantasy 8 (or any final fantasy game for that matter), Team Fortress Classic, Counter Strike, Doom, and there are probably a few I left out :p

Non-Sequitur said:
A remake of the SNES classic Shadowrun... In first person, ala Deus Ex.

*creams pants.

SHADOWRUN!! Thank you for reminding me of this great game! I liked the sega version too, but Shadowrun on SNES kicked ass.

:naughty: I would love to play Turok series on the Source.

the best game without a doubt to play on source would be "trespasser"

I'd love to see the Turok Series on Source too. I mentioned the cerebral bore as being a cool weapon to be converted to source on another thread.

ailevation said:
:naughty: I would love to play Turok series on the Source.

holy shit, completely forgot about Turok.

Trespasser was so damn long but so good. First game with physics and the first one that pushed the idea of freedom. Maybe farcry would be better for a trespasser mod.

Moejoe said:
I'd love to see the Turok Series on Source too. I mentioned the cerebral bore as being a cool weapon to be converted to source on another thread.

Ah I forgot that weapon. How uniquely wonderful.

Sedako said:
SHADOWRUN!! Thank you for reminding me of this great game! I liked the sega version too, but Shadowrun on SNES kicked ass.

The Shadowrun universe is definitely one of my favourite fantasy/cyberpunk settings. Why it hasn't been used in video games for such a long time is beyond me. I guess Deus Ex is the most similar recent game I can think of. Can you imagine how cool a Source version would be? I'll never forget that game, I played it through so many times...

Have there ever been any good SC FPS mods out there? I don't mean a strategy over head game converted into 3D on a FPS game, i just mean fighting off aliens FPS style through the eyes of a terran soldier, or a zergling fighting marines, ya know? I think it's doable. I'm just talking a loosely SC based theme. You could add vehicles that are SC related, but may not come from the game.

Back