Operation Everlasting Shadow

Originally posted by EVIL
okey.. then lett me give the webmaster some tips.

dont use scrolling text. it destracts from the content (okey it is supposed to do that) but it is very anoying.

blue, grey and matrix green doesnt match. (gives a very amature apperance).

polls are okey once they are good intigrated into the website. () is ugly

animated flash logo can be anoying to.

use the lettertype "verdana" (this board uses this lettertype) it reads much easier on the internet

*ahem*

1. I've got a nice alternative to the scrolling text, if you like - how about [blink]? :p

2. Where the heck did blue come from? (have I got blue on it? Did I do it in blue?) Anyways, the idea is that the green thingy (in the middle) is a computer console of sorts. Like the intro? :p

3. Don't diss my borders.

4. The title is .gif - the title for temp anyways.

5. I'd rather stick with the chosen font's thanks.

I see you're trying to help out, but leave it to me ok? I'm pret-ty busy with site design, and the site was a freebie, so it didn't get *LOADS* of extra treatment, as most other sites would. It was a 'free time' jobbie.

Well know the transparency is gonna be in the game, you jsut don't know in what form. for example they are gonna support raytraced materials, so i was jsut saying you have to be careful with how you put that in.

Not really, You plan for the best and then work around it when you find out that, its not going to work, otherwise your giving your self boundaries that do not yet exist and that is just stupid...

Well more as yet un-skinned goodness from Stone.... and if you are a skinner and interested in our project by some strange coincedence then PM me, becuase we really need a skinner/skinners at the moment...thanks

Well, we don't actually have a skinner at the moment...if you have that talent, and would like to work with us....PM me! thanks and heres some concept art, the first Stone did for OES, for all the people who didn't see it the first time round, or are new to these forums.

Originally posted by mrBadger
Well, we don't actually have a skinner at the moment...if you have that talent, and would like to work with us....PM me! thanks and heres some concept art, the first Stone did for OES, for all the people who didn't see it the first time round, or are new to these forums.

I skinned a badger once, he didn't like that.

Bit me in the goiter.

Some friendly ideas for you - when you jump in water there is actaually a loud sound!! wow. Then the water comes out of the water you know a splash. Just a suggestion.

Well. I recieved an email from Valve :) they said that we'll all be getting the SDK as soon as possible....not just at the mod summit....oh yeah, and it will contain tools to help make us make mods. Very nice. Well, thats pretty much all on the news front for now, except we have the first level pretty much all mapped out in our heads....this has taken some time since we want there to be many different routes through levels. Stealth won't be forced on you....it will be a viable option.
There is a reason for our inaction:

Narcisstic Gaming..... a company formed by me and Stone a while ago, we have been sorting things like the site for that and financial details. I'm sure Sniper won't mind me showing off his efforts at a fancy start page :)

Wow, I like this, comment below... :)

oh and heres some concept art from a while ago, see if you like

EVIL, have you looked at the site I linked to above ^ yet?

last exam today.... after that my code work on OES pretty much begins..... any comments on anything before work starts for real

(in other news me and Sniper have started to write the script)

looks extremely cool.. a lot better then the old one.. congrats. it seems really cool. go with it!

I used to not like these high multimedia kind of websites, but since I had to make a cdpresentation in director for school i found that the gap between those 2 medias are not ment to be as big as I thougt it was ment to be. So now i really appreciate that people are able to take thier creativity and create very cool menu's in flash and unique navigation concepts that really raise the bar for webdevelopmen

:thumbs:

well, I'll pass your comments on to Sniper, I'm sure he'll be appriacative.... :).... well its for Narcisstic Gaming.... a non-profit company founded by me and Stone.. and Sniper owns a third now as well.... we are dedicated to improving our computer-related skills in the field of gaming..... you may hear from us soon :)

what the hell is all those symbols on ur site.. i cant read any of it.. i suggest ditching the shockwave. no offense to the time and effor you put into it..

Originally posted by Pizza
what the hell is all those symbols on ur site.. i cant read any of it.. i suggest ditching the shockwave. no offense to the time and effor you put into it..

the symbols are because the site is UNDER DEVELOPMENT..... there will be content soon.... it's just been done, wait about a bit, this doesn't happen overnight :p

why everyone pick out errors in my work :p
It was only a quick one, tranfering a quick one doen by badger into a quick one done by me :p

Anywhom, My internet is finally working once again (YAY!) so I shall soon post some more shots of some of my work... and If your lucky (EVil) I might post one of my player models for you to look at, seens you seen to want to see them :p

quick question: will you be encouraged to kill scientists in this mod? I was looking forward to having orders to kill Black Mesa personel in OpFor, but was sorely dissappointed

sorry, but OES is based after the BlackMesa Incident, sorry...
Not sure if this has been revealed yet, so if not Badger, please don't hit me...

/me hides behind chair, cowering, in wait for Badgers response...

It has been revealed..... however... you will find yourself in Scientific facilities... with orders to terminate with extreme prejugdice... so you will be :) hope that answers you question

well, I'm here to welcome Farrowlesparrow... YAY!

Welcome Farrowlesparrow, now we need EVIL and we've got all the regulars :p

can't wait to work with you...

And if anyone else wants to join us, PM either me or MrBadger... :D

Yah, the funny symbols were cuz you didn't have the kickass font I used.

I now have added a download for the >kickass< font I used. So you can all now read it in English. *Grin*

Well thought I'd post some propper renders...of the G36C and USP tactical wth Laser-sight, supressor and tactical flashlight......

render.jpg

and remember, if you think you can help... PM me or Badger, or Sniper :cheese:

Cool renders, stone ;)

Also, I am going to recolour the site and change the KICKASS font, as the downloaded one doesn't function properly. I may just take pictures of the text, and use them. Who knows?

right we have a new team member Beldor, and a few new images.... for you to view

the PSG1 by Beldor...

hksg1_01.jpg

the P90 by Stone (me)...

P90.jpg

and the British Commando Knife by Stone...

knife.jpg

cool stone wish i could do stuff like that then again i never tried plus i only have ms paint :( but owell i havent got the patience with that crap. anyway nice work even ure water pistols look good :p

hehe, thanks Fat Tony....

Anywho, Narcissistic Gaming is still looking for Help with Opertaion Everlasting Shadow, so just PM me, MrBadger or Sniper, although MrBadger is away in some sunny place, so you'll have to wait a while for a reply from him... :cheese:

more posts soon

You know a mod's going to be good when it's brought about by the Elders of the HalfLife2.net community.

Good job, good luck, keep it up!

/me is all touched and blushing...

thanks Draklyne :cheese:

You got some fine looking weapons there.

Im an elder of the community too

/me Taps side of his nose

Yes, sparrow, you are old.
Erm, an elder.

Oh, and about the mod, since you're cleaning up the BMRF incident, are we going to see some original, top-secret weaponry as well?

Unless there's a gun that you showed that you guys thought up, in which case I'm sorry. I don't have a clue about guns.

well, I was off for a bit... and my team do loads of work in my abscence.... good.... in the meantime, Ill be writing more of the 6 proposed chapters... probably more..... and yes there will be experimental weapons, but they won't be TOO powerful.. so as to not overshadow the fancy moves... :)

Back