Operation Everlasting Shadow

aaa: Im not sure what you are thinking about, but if its my model.. then the secret lies in smoothing groups :)

Stone has begun work on the EA skeleton.... it will be fully bump mapped etc.

On a side note we are looking for animators to join this dynamic team :)... Contact me if you are interested

New update on the psg1 for those of you who hasent seen it yet :) I have managed get it down to 2127 so far.. but I dont think it can go much lower as it is...

hkpsg1_03.jpg

nope, not yet. I tought I might try and make a high poly version and try out normal mapping.

Ok, another small update on the psg1. I've been doing some texturing on it. Still abit before its done and I also need to make bumpmaps for it. C&C welcomed!

hkpsg1_04.jpg

ATTENTION

I, Sniper - as the offical Narcissistic gaming Public Relations Officer (Badger used to be it) am now offically opening the OES competition.

We are offering a copy of HL2, a copy of OES AND a limited edition (and I mean limited, it will be the only one) OES CD, containing EVERY bit of media we will be doing for OES.

For more information, head over to The OES Competition

and no, the mod ISN'T complete yet, neither is the CD, nor is HL2 released, it will be drawn next year, I'm just accepting entries nice and early, so you can all get informed of it.

(and yes, this is the longest post I've written, lol)

hey i know why dont u just forget the competition and give it to me :)

lol, cuz we've already had 6 entries, you may be mafia - but you still have to try like the rest ;)

Oh, and about the mod, since you're cleaning up the BMRF incident, are we going to see some original, top-secret weaponry as well?

Yes. Some rather nice weaponry.

I already answered that question Snipey, don't worry though.

Right, exclusive news:

We are working on a teaser trailer, and when it is done, I (or another team member) will put a thread in HL2 Media with the URL and what it is. I will also post some info in this thread. Thanks

Right A Quick Teaser Image of some of Beldor's fine work:

test.jpg

Enjoy :cheese:

Right, we are currently looking for texture artists/skinners and animators to work on a very exciting project... needless to say, I am confident that the world will like what it sees very soon :)

Duh ;)

I'm the first Sniper to register :D

Well, I've been Sniper for ages now, so I'm sticking to it, and yes - I AM the evil one, muahahaha

Yay! My own mod's thread has gone off-topic :) seriously guys, what do you think of the mod not my PR guy's name :p

Opinions please?

*crouches behind his bunker*

*throws a Public Relations article over the wall*

*says: "WTF?" at the sudden forum change*

LMAO

Course not!

We will be doing a service where people can get a copy of it sent to them (they pay for the CD and postage) - as the mod will rather large - I'm talking in the excess of 500mb. This will allow more people to play it, so not only broadband users can get it.

Originally posted by Sniper
LMAO

Course not!

We will be doing a service where people can get a copy of it sent to them (they pay for the CD and postage) - as the mod will rather large - I'm talking in the excess of 500mb. This will allow more people to play it, so not only broadband users can get it.

Hmm.. might want to consult a laywer! I understand what you're doing but you could possibly get into legal trouble unless you are very clear you are charging for postage/cd only and even then.. oh well good idea nonetheless!

We know there is a possible legal problem there. But we want everyone to play this mod, and we don't want to restrict it to those with major connections. We will ONLY charge for postage, packing and the CD, no more, no less, however if you feel the need to thank us for any fun you have had, feel free to send cheques ;) ...... actually don't because, then we'd have to pay lincence fees to Valve... :)

I thought I made that obvious.

"(they pay for the CD and postage)"

As in, the COST of the CD, and the postage.

It wouldn't be much.

Like 50p + P&P

Unfortunatly, this also means that the postage would vary greatly, depending on where you live...

Comments, anyone ?

Ok, gather round children... story time:

"Musky white smoke trailed past the quickly moving Osprey, The flash that followed shook the bones of the onlookers, filling the cabin of the Osprey with an un-naturally peaceful light. 151 paused to look into the smoldering handywork of his colleagues, the hole that had been blasted into the massive outtershell of the Black Mesa complex had launched dust into the surrounding air. 151 took hold of his MP5, in frustraition, as his team had been one of the last to be inserted and one of the first to be pulled out...

In an effort to keep to himself amused during the flight back to base, he stripped and re-assembled his cherished weapon, and tried not to think of the fact that he wouldn't probably get another chance to go on ops for the rest of the year. Despite what the teams had just done, they were silent as usual, professional to the grave. There were a few Agents who had had friends killed on ops, but emotions are a disadvantage, so they were as poker-faced as usual........"

This is the result of me and Stone sitting down together and working out the plot gap between Black Mesa and Operation Everlasting Shadow..... what do you think?

well, we now have an IRC channel up and running, and a modifyed client will be released over the website for ease of acess.... hope to see y'all there :)

Erm, I'm going to post the next bit of colour text here, but I can't delete the WIP thread (Don't know why, I started it)

This is the final version (nothing really has changed, I added an additional sentence) :

"Clearing his throat, Luther walked down the corridor, aware of what was to come. The marines in front and behind had no idea what was about to happen, Luther smirked to himself. Tensing, he waited for the signal from the man who had been his superior back in Black Mesa, and now, was heading up the underground. Luther looked surreptitiously over his shoulder, just in time to see James gesture with his hand, holding up three fingers, but well concealed enough for the guards not to notice and figure out their plan. Luther watched as two seconds rolled by, and the first of the three fingers dropped. That was the signal to get ready. Luther paid close attention to the second finger, watching its seemingly slow descent towards the hand. He exercised his hand, and then balled it into a fist, reached for the overpowered 357 that lay under his labcoat. His fingers grasped the grip, and he was ready for the third finger to fall. He waited. The finger was going down, slowly but surely. James was waiting for the right time to unleash what they had planned. The group rounded a bend in the faceless corridor, and James felt it was time. None of them, not even the Marines, noticed anything odd about the vent that lay just round the corner. Luther watched with horrified fascination as a bullet, coming seemingly from no-where embedded itself in James's chest. James slumped onto the ground, without ever having let his third finger fall. The instant James hit the floor, the Marines turned to face the fallen body, as confused as the erstwhile rebels were. The group had halted. Suddenly, Luther heard a small sound of metal scraping on metal, he looked around in detached interest, puzzled by the sound, yet not really caring what it was. His wandering gaze fell upon a vent above the group of soldiers and scientists. And then he saw it. The gaping mouth of a USP Tactical gazed back at him. For a fraction of a second a red dot danced in front of his eyes. As soon as the dot disappeared there was a repressed flash and a deadened thump, and the gun fired. The bullet hit him full in the face and he collapsed onto the floor, dead"

Oh, and you'll have to play the mod to find out what Luther was planning to do ;)

Ahh, excellent litriture Badger - maybe we can put the full story on the CD? ;)

Russian Tank-based fun :) (comments please) ... :

"TheT-32 rolled onwards, it's turret sweeping from side to side, scanning the rubble-strewn street with I'ts 76.2mm 'eye'. Suddenly, the mercenary tank commander spotted movement in one of the buildings ahead. The tank ground to a halt, bringing both its 37mm guns to bear, in addition to the main gun. The soldier, recognising that he was in danger, dived to the floor in a vain effort to protect himself from the oncoming barrage. The guns spoke, rocking the T-32 back on its tracks. The shells ripped through the building like paper, sending the former soldier's body tumbling to the ground. 'Threat.... eliminated' thought the tank's commander. He knew that street-to-street fighting was often fraught with dangers for the foolhardy tank commander. He was determined that his prized T-32 would not become just another wreck. His father had fought with this tank since the time the T-32s first rolled off the production line.... all through the Great Patriotic War, and now the heirloom was in the service of Virsotko, one of the more powerful Warlords of the ex-communist bloc. Stirring himself from his train of thought, he turned back to the task at hand. The engine was fired, and the tank was once again on the prowl. The T-32 crunched past a small sidestreet, and unnoticed, a soldier, wearing the uniform of the Combine, a powerful foreign faction, slipped out behind the tank and clambered onto the back. He ran his gas-masked eyes over the tank, and signalled. About half a kilometre away, the city streets began to shake, as something large stirred. The Strider moved with a sort of grace that belied it's size, seeking out it's prey. The T-32 rounded a corner, not knowing what was now hunting it. The Combine soldier on the back of the tank made his way up to the turret and climbed on top, training his OICW on the hatch. The Strider began to draw closer, having covered quite a distance, but there was some way to go before the objective could be completed. The Russian mercenary was once again scanning for targets. His trained eyes picked up a pair of Combine troopers holding a scratch-built RPG. He wondered for half a second on why they hadn't fired on him. He still had no idea of the soldier's presence on his turret. The T-32's 76.2 and 37mm guns opened up, the shells crashing into the top floor of the building, causing a hail of concrete chunks to bury the position of the soldiers. The RPG's ammunition detonated, sending more shards of concrete into the air. The Strider now had visual on the target. As it moved towards the T-32 it's steps cracked the road and pavements, it's weight making them buckle. The Russian veteran began to feel slight vibrations passing through the tank. The Strider drew closer, and the tank shook with every step it took. Sensing something was about to happen to his precious vehicle, the T-32's commander seized his AK-47, leaving his loyal crew behind him, and opened the hatch quickly. The Combine soldier had little time to aim his OICW, and was caught off guard by the commander's sudden appearance. He had half-raised his gun by the time the wily Russian's fist connected with his respirator. He fell back, impacting on the back of the tank. The commander jumped after him, following up on his suprise attack. The Combine soldier looked up, right into the barrel of the AK. The commander didn't hesitate to unite head and 5.72mm bullet. The vibrations that had triggered the fight were getting more powerful, and the tank commander looked up, and saw the Strider's 'foot' come towards his prized machine. He planted his feet, determined to stand his ground, go down with the tank. The bullets from his AK clacked on the carapace of the Strider to no effect. The foot crashed into the hull of the T-32, buckling the 70-year old metal, maiming the crew of the tank, as the Strider stamped. The T-32's commander was still alive, crying out a hate-filled scream, finger close to fused to the trigger of his assault rifle. The Strider continued to pound the wrecked T-32 until it was nearly flat. However, the tank's commander was nimbly dodging both the feet and the spines on the Strider's legs, all the while seeking to destroy it. The last bullet in the magazine was spent, and while the half-crying Russian was reloading the Strider turned away, it's mission complete. As it stomped off down the street, the tank commander screamed out to it to end him there and then, but the Strider refused to comply. The former T-32 commander did not have wait long for annihilation, as the RPG team that he thought he had dealt with, was back in position. The missile corkscrewed its way towards the Russian, and on impact obliterated him."

tell me what you think :)

muahaha - excellent, as usual.

Got faith in our team yet, MadMechWarrior?

Incidently, the full story will be avaible somewhere, but not yet :p Maybe we will put it on the OES CD?

cool didnt understand after it but owell lol still doesnt explain wot these guys are doing at all but owell

Ahh, using that 12-year-old AOLer tool again!! :p

It's a storyline for the mod, we are throwing you scraps of info.

Back