PC Gamer UK Score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scorps, I know this is stretching it, but I don't suppose the PC Gamer review has a confirmed date anywhere in a boxout perhaps? ;)

No? Didn't think so.

Pc Gamer has only give three other games 96% ever and those are Half Life 1, Quake 2 and Civ 2. and now HL2! yay!

Concept said:
Scorps, I know this is stretching it, but I don't suppose the PC Gamer review has a confirmed date anywhere in a boxout perhaps? ;)

No? Didn't think so.

Definately not, don't even think valve know themselves yet. They are prolly still going through the RC phase.
I'd say they would release it in november, even if the game was completed tomorrow, I still think they will hold it off until then.
November is the end of the final fiscal year of 2004, and always the best time to release games for xmas sales. I strongly think it wont be out until then.

User Name said:
And again...

Nnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

I am wondering why scorps doesn't post any quote from the magazine ?

is he normal ?

Serial45 said:
And why is that?
If you are trying to say that PCgamer are fools for rating Rome total war so high, then you my friend is the fool.

Rome total war is absolutely fantastic, i've been playing it for over a week on bootleg (YES SO WHAT if its a copy, i already have it pre-ordered anyways).
Best of the total war series, and damn I cant wait to get my legit copy to go online.

I just don't understand some of the fools on this forum saying "LMAO" for Rome:total war getting 95%, I think it is summing up to be one of the best RTS of all time. (i need to finish the single player and play more historic maps before i make my full assumption).

Certainly the best of the total war series.
For crikey sake people there's more to games than half life!
:smoking:

Friggin agreed. Rome TW kicks so much ass. And the battle AI is fantastic.

Let it be known however that you cannot compare a strat game to a FPS unless your talking in terms of something tat is common between them like gameplay time or learning curve.

I'm sure that a FPS will never loose points for having a counterintuitive build menu and an RTS will never loose points for not having realistic weapon models and no quicksave.

Bottom line: RTW deserves what it got but you cant say one game is better then the other.

Irs2k3 said:
I am wondering why scorps don't post any quote from the magazine ?

is he normal ?
It's not allowed here. That's why.

Serial45 said:
Definately not, don't even think valve know themselves yet. They are prolly still going through the RC phase.
I'd say they would release it in november, even if the game was completed tomorrow, I still think they will hold it off until then.
November is the end of the final fiscal year of 2004, and always the best time to release games for xmas sales. I strongly think it wont be out until then.

I also believe Half-Life 2 will most likely be released in early-to-mid November... It's common sense commercially. Apart from one thing...

Halo 2. They're on different formats of course, but they're still in the same genre and competing for the same cash. I just hope VUG don't play the spite game and slow everything down out of their concerns over Steam either...

I can confirm PC Gamer UK did give Rome 95% so he's got that part at least correct.

Here's a scan of the case cover.

And if hl2 is even one percent better than this we're in for a treat.

Attachments

• rome.jpg
    rome.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 365
Hypothetically. Someone who had a magazine with the Half-Life2 review (that many people would like to see) and had the ability to photoshop pictures, is also probably capable of anonymously emailing somebody who has the courage to post pics on a website not related to Half-Life2.net. Could that someone be Scorps :D

what "banned" websites are you all talking about everytime?

looks like someone didnt like my post... So sorry! I went beyond the relm of hypothetical.

Edit: So sorry! is not referring to the user "SoSorry"

Cheta said:
Final verdict : this is fake.

If real scans would have been on the net within the hour. No additional information available anywhere else and the refusal of the poster to post more of the review.

nice try.

/WORST POST EVER
total retard

i knew wed get some goodness on sept 30th!

huzzah

fish99 said:
Read the thread. There's about 4 or 5 quotes.

You can also click on Scrops's profile and use the "find all posts by user" link. It's a lot faster than using the forum search feature or reading through the 30+ pages of the thread. :p

~Chris

scorps dude ...some scans oplz..atleats host ur images somehwre....plz sumthingggggggg

JiMmEh said:
96%?! It's good to hear the game didn't disappoint, I was having some doubts after PC Gameplay gave it what..90%?

Thats because you don't know the magazine :)
They dare to rate games 30% too if they disserve no more.

To score over 90% youre game has to be the 1st of a GFX generation and offer new elements to gameplay.

HL2 is GFX wise beaten by Farcry (what scored that high for being the 1st nextgen game and had a nice open ended appoach for most levels.)

Also I've heard pcgp has more pro and cons, the guy quoted just the ones he could remember ...
For example, one negative point is rumored to be friendly AI pathing in some circumstances.

Scores say nothing anyway you still can say a game what scored 100% sucks just because its not youre type of game, its the review that counts.

Some gamazines just throw with numbers (sometimes to get exclusives) that there is no standard anymore, we need a benchmark system for game scores but then there is the difficulty how to interpretate those scores.

Anyway rest asured when I see pcgamers 96% score and pcgp's 90% score on the box, I am more impressed with the PCGP score.

if theres images on the dvd.. cant he post some! this is gettin ridiculous.

wtf is happening here.....why cant scrops jus host the images..man go buy a digi cam or a scanner...do sumthin..we ned proof !!!!!

hendrix13 said:
wtf is happening here.....why cant scrops jus host the images..man go buy a digi cam or a scanner...do sumthin..we ned proof !!!!!

lol ! Indeed !

his reaction was out of normal !

he should do something about it !

its copyright protected you fools.

its illegal to host material which isnt your own

This is just a small bit of the Counter-Strike Source preview. Notice I said preview so there is no score and from the pictures they only played the beta, as they are all of de_dust.

"Say goodbye to your sleep patterns. Stock up on fizzy caffeine and teabags. Invest in a freezer and low maintenance, high calorie food. Take a week off work. Kiss your loved ones goodbye. Lock the doors and close your curtains. You need the time, the space and the supplies for one reason: Counter-Strike Source is here and yes, it's everything we hoped for.
Make preparations now. This is going to dominate your free playing time in exactly the same way the original mod sucked away entire days."

Bluestrike said:
Thats because you don't know the magazine :)
They dare to rate games 30% too if they disserve no more.

To score over 90% youre game has to be the 1st of a GFX generation and offer new elements to gameplay.

HL2 is GFX wise beaten by Farcry (what scored that high for being the 1st nextgen game and had a nice open ended appoach for most levels.)

You're trying to tell me FarCry offered new elements of gameplay? hahahahahahah please, that's insulting.

FarCry was one of the most generic FPS's I've ever played, it wasn't open ended at all, unless by open ended you meant it had large draw distances. There was only ever one route through FarCry, and even the outdoor levels were very linear.

Even Half-Life 2 has FarCry pipped in the graphics department, so don't try telling me that FarCry received a high score because it was something new.

FarCry received high score's, because at the time it was very pretty, and had some decent (although after a while very tedious) gameplay, it capitalized on the fact that it was the first decent FPS to come out in a while, the FPS oasis had dried up so to speak and FarCry offered it some new life.

Scorps said:
This is just a small bit of the Counter-Strike Source preview. Notice I said preview so there is no score and from the pictures they only played the beta, as they are all of de_dust.

"Say goodbye to your sleep patterns. Stock up on fizzy caffeine and teabags. Invest in a freezer and low maintenance, high calorie food. Take a week off work. Kiss your loved ones goodbye. Lock the doors and close your curtains. You need the time, the space and the supplies for one reason: Counter-Strike Source is here and yes, it's everything we hoped for.
Make preparations now. This is going to dominate your free playing time in exactly the same way the original mod sucked away entire days."

Finally something usefull from scorps ! Thanks dude !

Now something from HL2 review :thumbs: ...

far cry was just the first nextgen FPS available so every1 creamed their pants over it. because they could actually play it themselves instead of looking at screenshots and videos.

personally, i didnt like it. it was like watching a generic vin deisel action movie

I guess these new pics we haven't seen yet have officially destroyed my hopes for a total revamp of the graphics department (not that it's ugly or anything. Just one hell of a surprise) ;(

hendrix13 said:
PC Gamer has and will contact this website requesting any scanned images to be removed or else this site will face legal action.

They have done this in the past with the first preview of HL2 back in May of 2003 and they will certainly do it again here.

Get this in your head. YOU CAN'T LEGALY DISPLAY SCANNED IMAGES OF THE MAGAZINE REVIEW ON THE INTERNET

hendrix13 said:

What do you mean You need proof? I'v already sent pictures of the dvd from the mag, you dont want proof you want scans that arnt allowed on here.....and i'm not called scrops

all the infidels will see soon when scans pop up on torrent sites

Hey Scorps, did PC Gamer UK get any new media (screens in the article, etc)? Just curious

^^^^^^
did you read the whole review Scorps ?

your impressions ?

Scorps said:
What do you mean You need proof? I'v already sent pictures of the dvd from the mag, you dont want proof you want scans that arnt allowed on here.....and i'm not called scrops

Hey Scrot, are there new screenshots on the DVD? The screens imply that there are.

EDIT: It's nice to be able to mistype someone else's name for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back