PCGameplay reviews Half-Life 2

wow
"I think I just filled the cup"
Help Recieved: Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Xrenity said:
Well, the Dutch kind of dislike the german, but the belgian and dutch can get along with each other :)
Yeah, that's more what I was aiming for. :) That and the Flemish / Walonian (sp?) thang...

i'm just wishing PC gamer can have a review as well, they did an amazing cover story on it, as well as SURGE magazine too

I hate to be a pessimist here, but they do have that little disclaimer so they can say they'll have a review by 5th Oct, but that doesn't mean they will.

el Chi said:
I hate to be a pessimist here, but they do have that little disclaimer so they can say they'll have a review by 5th Oct, but that doesn't mean they will.
They even have their cover clear.
And as I said, PC Gameplay is very reliable.

I doubt PC Gameplay will be the first one however, because normally they don't participate in the whole 'WORLD EXCLUSIVE!' crap (also meaning they're more reliable) so some other mag probably took that 'WORLD EXCLUSIVE OMGWTF H4X !11!`~!!!!' and will be out before this one. Most likely PC Gamer or PC Zone.

(for the Dutch: boy would it suck if Power Unlimited got the exclusive eh? :D)

PvtRyan said:
I doubt PC Gameplay will be the first one however, because normally they don't participate in the whole 'WORLD EXCLUSIVE!' crap (also meaning they're more reliable) so some other mag probably took that 'WORLD EXCLUSIVE OMGWTF H4X !11!`~!!!!' and will be out before this one. Most likely PC Gamer or PC Zone.

(for the Dutch: boy would it suck if Power Unlimited got the exclusive eh? :D)
We both know Valve isn't stupid Pvt :p

And PCGP doesn't like that crap indeed, which makes it even more reliable if you ask me :)

I can imagine all the magazines will give their reviews at the same time. A lot of magazines come out at the start of the month.

This isn't the first time PC Gameplay is in contact with Valve. In May 2003 and 2004 they went to Valve and released a preview. They also had some interviews with Valve members at E3 2003/2004.

See, I'm excited by this news and all. But I have this nagging little voice in the back of my head that constantly asks "What if it gets a shitty review?".

There is a DVD edition with the HL2 screens and movies on it (new because the old ones came on a dvd before) so they'll get fast on the net.

They said it was a shocking review so probably it had more than 94 (the points HL1 had) in total. Doom³ had 86 on this magazine.

Insane said:
There is a DVD edition with the HL2 screens and movies on it (new because the old ones came on a dvd before) so they'll get fast on the net.

They said it was a shocking review so probably it had more than 94 (the points HL1 had) in total. Doom³ had 86 on this magazine.

Or a 62, hey it's still very shocking :p

SOME IMPORTANT INFO:

As said earlier, the cover is on the pcgameplay site...

there's some interesting text on there, very hard to read, so it could be not 100%. I and some others think it says this: (translated)

"Really succeeded, but (*valve?) also now has a (?) surprise in store."

Something like that, anyhow I think it surely says that there's some sort of surprise that valve has in store for us..

When that review comes out, I'm just looking at the number figure they give it. I dont wanna read how someone else enjoyed/hated the game and all the extra secrets and surprises :(

anyone else with me?

I'll just watch and enjoy the screens and movies on my dvd and laugh.

MUHAHAHAHA!!!!1111ONEONE ;)

You'd think Valve would be fairly confident of their work, if they have indeed sent out their pre-gold release candidate out to the press to review as well.

Maybe the game being announced as having gone gold sometime next week isn't as implausible as it first sounds.

*blinks* ...Wow. Seeing as Valve have already sent the RC, I was expecting to hear news of a magazine reviewing it, and I'm very happy to be proven right.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Xrenity. :)

guinny said:
When that review comes out, I'm just looking at the number figure they give it. I dont wanna read how someone else enjoyed/hated the game and all the extra secrets and surprises :(

anyone else with me?

yeah...plus there might be the odd thing which is not quite a spoiler but u would rather find out on ur own and such.. :)
50 new screen shots? hmm.. :dork:

Warlock said:
*blinks* ...Wow. Seeing as Valve have already sent the RC, I was expecting to hear news of a magazine reviewing it, and I'm very happy to be proven right.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Xrenity. :)

Yup, looks like the train is well on the final stretch now. Let's just hope there isn't a typical we-can't-see-it-coming-yet twist to knock everything off-track. ;)

Half-Life 2 finishes, we personally get off the train with Gordon and see where the game takes us. Maybe even the beginning of the game is metaphor for all the hard work that was put into it's creation. ;)

Xenome said:
SOME IMPORTANT INFO:

Something like that, anyhow I think it surely says that there's some sort of surprise that valve has in store for us..

OMG, HL3 is bundeled with HL2.....

Xenome said:
SOME IMPORTANT INFO:

As said earlier, the cover is on the pcgameplay site...

there's some interesting text on there, very hard to read, so it could be not 100%. I and some others think it says this: (translated)

"Really succeeded, but (*valve?) also now has a (?) surprise in store."

If only we had one of those Image enhangement thingys that they have on the X-Files.

Concept said:
You'd think Valve would be fairly confident of their work, if they have indeed sent out their pre-gold release candidate out to the press to review as well.
I guess the press went to Valve :)

And Xenome is right, something like that is one the cover, can't reveal the last few words though :)

However, it sounds a bit odd, that it's good, BUT they have a suprise... ?

And would be the better word.. I guess we'll just have to wait.

Xrenity said:
I guess the press went to Valve :)

And Xenome is right, something like that is one the cover, can't reveal the last few words though :)

However, it sounds a bit odd, that it's good, BUT they have a suprise... ?

And would be the better word.. I guess we'll just have to wait.

Where does it say this by the way? Underneath "De Volledige Review"?

Words cannot express my happiness right now. A "surprise"? I am pretty certain it is multiplayer (although they could mean another packaged game) in which case I am even more excited!

I think the depression and bad news that has been all over these forums is finally over, let the good times begin! :D

aah, that's all soo exciting.. and what's the suprise, this mag has for us?? i'm so curious. :)

the mp modus! yeah, that's it! *hope*

Back