PCGameplay reviews Half-Life 2

This is awesome... :D

I just hope PCGamer can snag a review even before this one. Cause PCGameplay is foreign from where I live.

so ,there are the testers from vu and all the people from pcgameplay who test hl2. :)

if even the mags got already a copy of hl2 to play through the game, it finally should be done.

Kel Thuzad said:
The bonus they are speaking of may as well be just CS:S and HL:S

Yeah but that's not a surprise. We already knew those were coming with Hl2

Kel Thuzad said:

No it's not, since that's not a surprise anymore, we already know about them, and of cs:s is even a playable beta..

So it's something else..

Kel Thuzad said:
If those are the bonuses then I am 99% certain that HL2 will have its own multiplayer.

We knew those would be packaged before and Valve stated that HL2 will have multiplayer (the debate was whether it was going to be CS:S or something else). So if those two are counted as "bonuses" then I certainly see a real HL2 multiplayer being in the game.

Looks like it could be the HL2 multiplayer. I just watched a developer interview on Gamespot with Gabe, and he said that the HL2 mp would be revealed during the "launch cycle" of HL2. So it's possible to say the least.

The surprise is that hl:s and cs:s are with hl2. We knew that they would, but PCGamePlay never said it in their magazine. So for some readers, it's a surprise.

half alive said:
The surprise is that hl:s and cs:s are with hl2. We knew that they would, but PCGamePlay never said it in their magazine. So for some readers, it's a surprise.
PCGamer knew about it I am pretty sure, so I don't see why PCGamePlay readers also couldn't have known.

The Mullinator said:
PCGamer knew about it I am pretty sure, so I don't see why PCGamePlay readers also couldn't have known.
maybe because some people only read/hear/believe pcgp?:)

and um, I didn't say pcgp didn't KNOW, but they never said it would in their magazine.

EDIT: wtf? I didn't know I already had 200 posts?! horay! (don't laugh at me because I'm happy with such a little postscount....)

Wait, so Half-Life: Source is shipping with the regular edition of Half-Life 2? Well, there goes most of my motivation to buy the collector's edition.

Mountain Man said:
Wait, so Half-Life: Source is shipping with the regular edition of Half-Life 2? Well, there goes most of my motivation to buy the collector's edition.
isn't confirmed.
I don't realy even know where the rumour comes from :p

Xrenity said:
isn't confirmed.
I don't realy even know where the rumour comes from :p

Both HL: Source and CS: Source were shipped with the gold master release candidate

FISKER_Q said:
Both HL: Source and CS: Source were shipped with the gold master release candidate
Which doesn't say anything about shipping with CE or normal version :)

Xrenity said:
Which doesn't say anything about shipping with CE or normal version :)
The product being tested is Half-Life 2. Not the collectors edition.

All official Half-Life mods will be ported to the Source Engine, and will be released for free, albeit not all at launch.

half alive said:
and um, I didn't say pcgp didn't KNOW, but they never said it would in their magazine.
In the September edition (there is no august one) there stands "In our next edition: blabla Half-Life 2 blabla".

This means they knew that they were going to review the game!

half alive said:

They did say that..

Please don't post stuff thats not true

German game mag Gamestar has announced in their current issue that HL2 review is going to be in the next one.
Dunno if they can keep that promise though..

The Mullinator said:
Words cannot express my happiness right now. A "surprise"? I am pretty certain it is multiplayer (although they could mean another packaged game) in which case I am even more excited!

I think the depression and bad news that has been all over these forums is finally over, let the good times begin! :D

OH PLEASE let it be TF2. PLEASE PLEASE!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Insane said:
In the September edition (there is no august one) there stands "In our next edition: blabla Half-Life 2 blabla".

This means they knew that they were going to review the game!

There have been times that they announced a review in their previous edition but that it was skipped, so it's not 100% reliable.
I read the announcement about the HL² review too and didn't believe it, but it seems I was wrong. Now finally there's something to be a proud of little Belgium.

I'm even starting to believe in a September 30th release :eek:

Btw: there is no language called 'Belgian', it's either Dutch, French or German.

Hmm as a dutch man, maybe i can get my hands on that magazine before october 5th, so we can translate it for those people that cant wait about the review inside. :p

Xrenity said:
E3 preview - issue 101 :)
I know they said that all preveous mods and hl1 will be ported to source, but they didn't say HL2 will include CS:S en HL:S. (atleast, what I can remember)

The moment this mag is released the scans will be round the net before you can say "the RC got lost in the mail"

half alive said:
I know they said that all preveous mods and hl1 will be ported to source, but they didn't say HL2 will include CS:S en HL:S. (atleast, what I can remember)

Yes they did!

OMG here comes the hype machine.... a secret its gotta be the MP and I have a feeling its gonna be some very very cool Im getting very excited now!!!!!! :E

Does anybody get early subscriptions to this magazine? I know the PC gamer mags arrive 2 weeks early!

Man this is so awesome! I feel HL2 in right there. It's ALMOST in my hands. I can feel it getting there. I've never been so hyped after they accepted the RC! :D:D

Hmmmm, oct 5th. I bet the game will be out by then, I mean, can you release a review for a game before it hits stores? And 50 NEW screenshots? There's bound to be spoilers.

GuNzABlaZiN said:
Hmmmm, oct 5th. I bet the game will be out by then, I mean, can you release a review for a game before it hits stores?

Yeah you can, Publishers/developers often send off review copies to magazines. Sometimes this happens even before the game goes gold.

Feath said:
Yeah you can, Publishers/developers often send off review copies to magazines. Sometimes this happens even before the game goes gold.

Yeah, I know that they send copies to mags before the game hits shelves but can a review/mag be released before the game is out?

Feath said:
Like Doom 3
We saw the PCGamer review before the game goes gold

GuNzABlaZiN said:
Hmmmm, oct 5th. I bet the game will be out by then, I mean, can you release a review for a game before it hits stores? And 50 NEW screenshots? There's bound to be spoilers.
They can do it because at this stage everything is finalized, the only thing that will be changed are bugs and if the developer is confident enough to send in an RC then it probably means the reviewer will probably not have any more problems with bugs than if the game was reviewed after release.

Any showstopping bugs will probably be something that Valve would already know about and tell the reviewer that they will be fixed once the game is released causing the reviewer to most likely ignore them.

Feath said:
Why? Nothing is going to change in the game, there are just going to be some bug fixes.

If the game goes gold after Oct 5th, it might actually be a November release. Also, there will be spoilers galore all over the internet.

Back