Please discuss NEW HL2 Media HERE (when time come)

Stupid kids. Its just a movie, so stop crying. They do what they can.

I've got patience, what I NEED is the 'just a movie' ..cough*,

Leave the thread if your not serious about this movie! ROFL

'Just a movie' pfft ur jk wivus.."Velly funny Mr.Jones velly funni!"

the #Steam topic on Gamesnet says thursday, so everyone cross your fingers

*crosses fingers :dork:

Well Erik said thursday. So Thursday I hope. ;)

I just hope once the media is out this board doesnt get bombarded with the same questions over and over. Then in about 4 weeks some noobs join and ask the same questions over and over and over. Then reply with

":D" and ":)"

And worst of all just quoting someone else and not even adding a message to it. What is the ****ing deal with these people.

<-- frustrated

Originally posted by ColdFeet
9 mins until Thursday..make that 8.

valve isnt in your timezone unfortunately, valve still has seven hours and thirty five minutes until thursday.

also it might not even be released till at night on valve's time zone on thursday

Originally posted by RabidMeatloaf
I think the latest the videos would be released would be some time late Friday...

You lose your privelage to post here anymore! If you guys keep "letting" valve push back then they will because they will find this ecceptable. We must nag and nag Valve for the new videos to get it sooner:LOL:

im sure most of you guys hate an xbox but has anyone heard about a solid release date for it, besides maybe by x-mas?

You'll have to ask Bill about the xbox, and we're still waiting for Gabe's movies. But if I see Bill I'll ask him ;)

I am new to steam, a steam nubbin if you will, and I was wondering about how you are supposed to download this movie through it. I mean all i see are games to update, man.

Seriously guys, help me out.

Originally posted by Fatboy Gabe
I am new to steam, a steam nubbin if you will, and I was wondering about how you are supposed to download this movie through it. I mean all i see are games to update, man.

Seriously guys, help me out.

the media will show up under games, you'll see "Half-Life 2 Media"

Is the sky all bluey - violet and do CD's grow on trees in the Land of Valve ?
Does Gabe have orange eyebrows and a nose that grows when he fibbs ?
What's the secret code to get into the LoV .

I typed - Alyx-goes-commando
And that put me in the Nexus , and guess what ?..No sign if any HL2 videos here either.

look, who cares if they release new media or higher quality media? its being released in september, do you want them to take longer to develop half-life 2 just so you can see one video?!

I 2nd that. lol it's 8pm uktime 12pm Valve time? so any minute now..

This thread is too big... will have to start a new one once the media is actually released.. :)

well if they can't release a video on time, who's to say they can release a game on time?

Originally posted by Wesisapie
well if they can't release a video on time, who's to say they can release a game on time?

the reason for the video delays is the delivery method which is Steam, they need to fix a few things in steam before they can get the videos out, so if they fix them now, then they wont have this issue when the game comes out.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
the reason for the video delays is the delivery method which is Steam, they need to fix a few things in steam before they can get the videos out, so if they fix them now, then they wont have this issue when the game comes out.

You don't think they'd delay the release of the game for said reason?

I think that VALVe has a lot of money invested in Steam and they want us gamers to adopt it. Even if it means delaying their game til they can get Steam up to bar for the release.

Originally posted by Face Stabber
You don't think they'd delay the release of the game for said reason?

I think that VALVe has a lot of money invested in Steam and they want us gamers to adopt it. Even if it means delaying their game til they can get Steam up to bar for the release.

why would they have to fix the same bugs when HL2 comes out? if they fix the bugs for the media the bugs won't reoccur for HL2....

Originally posted by Xtasy0
why would they have to fix the same bugs when HL2 comes out? if they fix the bugs for the media the bugs won't reoccur for HL2....

I'm saying that if they had different bugs in Steam, they'd delay the game because they want people to download the game off of Steam and they need Steam to have it ready either at the same time of retail or in a little in advance.

the bugs they have to fix with the media are media problems. the game is fine. the problem is getting a direct feed, so the video looks EXACTLY like the game will. vavle wants to make this a direct feed. but with the previous movies they havnt been direct feeds. for example when people complained about the strider attacks effectign the environment before they actually hit was a video problem. it was timed just right in the game.

Well if you ask me there is no HL2 nor videos either ,
it's like the moon landings , it's just actors in padded suits on a set somewhere .That G-man is Jack Nickolson with a rubber mask on.

Steam and the Steam-Homepage was updated.

"Half-Life 2 Media
Stay tuned for a blast of HL2 full-motion goodness, brought to you very soon via Steam."

So be happy and stop crying.

Edit: Take a look on the Network Status at Steampowered
They got now 1150.00 Mbps (was 550) ... hehe i know why :)

Total current system capacity 1150.00Mbps
Total available 955.74Mbps

sweetness :)

and they also made steam 2.0 public now, so even I can download it :D

Originally posted by enix
Steam and the Steam-Homepage was updated.

"Half-Life 2 Media
Stay tuned for a blast of HL2 full-motion goodness, brought to you very soon via Steam."

So be happy and stop crying.

Edit: Take a look on the Network Status at Steampowered
They got now 1150.00 Mbps (was 550) ... hehe i know why :)

Total current system capacity 1150.00Mbps
Total available 955.74Mbps

1150.00 Mbps is in megabits format(as stated on steam forum)...... so its really 143 MegaBytes per/second
Which means steam would be ready to handle roughly 2,800 users downloading media content at 50 kilobytes per/second, with no other network usage tho

Plus my understanding and I beleive this was in an email is that the video is ready, I mean to put a direct feed into bink format in 100mb sections really isnt too hard if you have any idea upon video conversion.......... It was that steam isnt ready, 2800 people at 50 kps is enough I guess, but my guess is also that there will probably be 4x that amount of people when its released, which causes problems/crashes,,, it would make more sense that they were devoting their staff to working on that

Back