Port Hl2 To Mac!!!

Originally posted by SerialCarpens
The new apple powerbooks have ati 9600's in them, so they already have DX9 support right? or am I missing something?

DX9 = MICROSOFT SET OF APIs

Nah man hes not retarded. It is a fruitless pursuit and all. Get a PC for games. You can get a decent one at a reasonable price and problem solved.

Never, never happen. Much as I would like it, unless some mac company volunteers to spend years porting the game from Dx9 to OGL or another Mac supported GL, it just isn't going to happen.

Re: Lol

i cant believe the hatred for macs, you should still help us out and sign the thing. Why not? Itll take less than a min.

There arn't enough MAC users in the world to justify spending a shit load of time and money porting it over.

$$$$

why on earth would anyone buy a mac....I see NO POINT AT ALL.

Nothing gets the board together faster than a crowd of whiny MAC users.

No offense, but it's the truth. If you want to play games on your computer get a PC. If you have a highend MAC, then no doubt you have some sort of emulator. Use it.

Originally posted by Baal

Video editing. I did some in school, they seemed pretty good for it. When it wasn't crashing that is..

Originally posted by omlette
DX9 = MICROSOFT SET OF APIs

What does that mean?

And damn stop hating on macs. This could be a cool thread if you guys werent such dicks.

Good God, you kids are horrible.

I use PC's *and* Macs. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. There ARE games for the Mac. HL2 is not one of them, so if you want to play HL2 then buy a PC.
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...t7pQmvFEQWFl/1.3.0.5.16.1.1.0.1.3.1.1.0?37,43

As for the one-button mouse... that is the most weak-assed comment I've ever heard. You can BUY a 2-button or 5-button USB mouse and use it fine with a Mac.

So anyway, don't bother hoping for a Mac HL2. It just won't happen.

Originally posted by Baal

They are excellent for graphic design and layouts.

That's it.

If you want to play games, get a pc.

What does that mean?

And damn stop hating on macs. This could be a cool thread if you guys werent such dicks.

It means, the GPU coding that is used for most/all games isn't supported on a MAC OS (laugh...os...haha)

Yeah the one button comments are weak.:eek: But its all in fun in my opinion. I actually played Quake2 on the wifes Mac and didnt experience any real problems except for the fact I was playing on a Mac.

It's not like a PC is incapable of that though... there's no excuse for Macs.

i cant believe the amount of ignorance shown by some people who posted here.

"macs crash a lot" - thanks for letting us know you have never used MacOS X

"bla bla bla one mouse button bla bla bla" - youre telling me you use the $1 mouse that comes stock with your computer?

"overpriced" - i kinda agree with that, but new G5s are not so overpriced and the amount of things that come bundled with a new mac justifies some of that price.

please get your facts together before posting crap you just read on some pc geek site.

I have a powerbook and a PC that I use for pretty much everything; and if it wasnt for games, i dont think id use my pc as much as I do. Anyway, lets not turn this into a mac vs pc flamewar; sign the petition if you want or dont, but dont start spreading ignorance all around.

Ok iam stereotypical

But do i seem like a care ? NO hahaha

Iam just having fun grandpha !

if kids are stereotypical brats then any1 above 20 is a sad bastard who should have a life instead of playing games.

see stereotypes swing both ways.

and yes im a bitch ass kid who complains too mutch.

Originally posted by crumbles
Nothing gets the board together faster than a crowd of whiny MAC users.
95% of the people posting on this thread are whiny asshole PC fanboys.

Originally posted by Digital.dk
YOU = IRISH MARMELADE STUFFER

Not exactly sure what that is but it sounds like an insult against the Irish. If it is I wish you would leave coments like this out of this thread please.

Macs have their place in the world PC have their place. I prefer Pcs but that is a personal preference.

Originally posted by Spybreak

"bla bla bla one mouse button bla bla bla" - youre telling me you use the $1 mouse that comes stock with your computer?

"overpriced" - i kinda agree with that, but new G5s are not so overpriced and the amount of things that come bundled with a new mac justifies some of that price.

please get your facts together before posting crap you just read on some pc geek site.

I have a powerbook and a PC that I use for pretty much everything; and if it wasnt for games, i dont think id use my pc as much as I do. Anyway, lets not turn this into a mac vs pc flamewar; sign the petition if you want or dont, but dont start spreading ignorance all around.

They do crash, I used macintoshes for about 2 years in school for film editing. God that OSX was slow and buggy. Bad....memories..

C'mon, the 'puck' mouse was practically their 'official' mouse, used to imply simplicity.

Overpriced, and a bitch to upgrade too.

Originally posted by Spybreak

I've been forced to use OSX various times throughout the years, it's a ****ing failure.

Originally posted by Heitai
Not exactly sure what that is but it sounds like an insult against the Irish. If it is I wish you would leave coments like this out of this thread please.

cut the abuse out please
edited by mmw

Originally posted by omlette
I've been forced to use OSX various times throughout the years, it's a ****ing failure.

Hehe, I got this one error, where it all of a sudden said that my os was non-existant. And it woulnd't let me re-install. And the tech support were like, yea it happens, and you have to ship it to us.

Took 2 months to come back.

lmao.

Originally posted by Heitai

I second this.

Curious that there is an Irish slight on the MAC thread.

(Yeah, I know the difference btn Mc and Mac)

Originally posted by [[LuCkY]]

Took 2 months to come back.

And the difference between that and Dell or Compaq/HP or Gateway is?

Yeah that's what I thought. :dozey:

im not talking about 10.0 or even 10.1, i have to agree those were pretty unstable, but keep in mind its pretty much a whole new OS and theyre still trying to make everything work together.

I have yet to experience a crash on 10.2 or even 10.3 which im betatesting.

I agree macs have their weeknesses as well as pc's have them, but thats why theyre different computers.

Some people prefer macs because theyre in many ways easier to use than PCs. Others prefer them because theyre better for Video/Audio/Graphics and some just hate windows.

The same applies to PC users. Gamers dont have any other choice than pcs, and many other people are forced to use PCs for whatever reason, but that doesnt make pcs better than macs.

So just respect people that choose not to use PCs and dont flame them just because theyre "different".

Originally posted by BlumenKohl

I don't know about you, but I build my own pc's. Screw that retail bs.

Regardless, I find it funny that you replied to only that portion of my post. It wasn't the main feature, just laughing at the bug in general. I didn't, and will not imply that their customer service is poor in any way. Just with that issue it was slow.

Originally posted by BlumenKohl

The difference is the time it takes to come back if you even have to ship it out in the first place to get fixed. We had a dell with a DOA motherboard and dell shipped us a new one right away and installed like a charm. Where as his Mac took 2 months compared to my two days.

Originally posted by TrueWeltall
The difference is the time it takes to come back if you even have to ship it out in the first place to get fixed. We had a dell with a DOA motherboard and dell shipped us a new one right away and installed like a charm. Where as his Mac took 2 months compared to my two days.

Don't upset him now, he thinks he made a point.

What does that mean?

I shall be civilised, as others appear unable...

The Directx9 3D API that HL2 uses is a graphics subsystem like OpenGL. Unfortunately, unlike OpenGL, it is a proprietary Microsoft thing... So unless Apple licence it for their operating system (and convert it etc...) it will be unlikely that you'll ever get a version of HL2 on the mac.

Also a lot of work I'd imagine for a small market.

simple realy.

it would cost way more money to port HL2 to a mac than they would ever get back from sales.

so no

Back