Port Hl2 To Mac!!!

Shipping replacement parts doesn't take very long, anyone can do it. Now try shipping your Dell back to Dell for fixing. I've had my airport card replacement sent and received within 3 days.

Anyways, I got the money, so I have both PC's and Mac's, I'm experiecing it all, that's joy of it...:cheese::cheers:

Must suck though. Paying a huge amount of money to find out that with all the power you now have you still can play only a very small amount of games, most which were on the pc years before.

Sure you can do photoshop in like 0.0000000001 second but i'll tell you a little secret: we don't buy a pc to do photoshop, we play haf-life 2.

Have fun playing filter, i'm off shooting combine soldiers (we'll in a week or so :) )

Originally posted by Marijn
Must suck though. Paying a huge amount of money to find out that with all the power you now have you still can play only a very small amount of games, most which were on the pc years before.

Sure you can do photoshop in like 0.0000000001 second but i'll tell you a little secret: we don't buy a pc to do photoshop, we play haf-life 2.

Have fun playing filter, i'm off shooting combine soldiers (we'll in a week or so :) )

It seems you dont realize not everyone plays games. This may be a shock for you but some people actually DO work on their computers.

What power? I've seen some of their benchmarks, and they are VERY inflated. I've used mac's and they arn't faster then PC's.

(Anyone remember the 'fastest pc in the world' commercial?)

:dozey:

Originally posted by Spybreak
It seems you dont realize not everyone plays games. This may be a shock for you buy some people actually DO work on their computers.
oh, i do realize ppl work on their system. But then why come here?

it's easy, when you are going to buy a mac or a pc all you have to do is think what you want to do with it. If gaming is a part of that buy a pc, if not what the hell are they doing here?

oh, i do realize ppl work on their system. But then why come here?

it's easy, when you are going to buy a mac or a pc all you have to do is think what you want to do with it. If gaming is a part of that buy a pc, if not what the hell are they doing here?

To start a riot, sort of like the Linux people.

"WE WANT LINUX ON TEH XBOX!!!11!"

Originally posted by BlumenKohl
Shipping replacement parts doesn't take very long, anyone can do it. Now try shipping your Dell back to Dell for fixing. I've had my airport card replacement sent and received within 3 days.

Well my dell would have to have a problem i couldnt fix which hasnt happened yet and i doubt it ever will.

Actually, you play HL2 and get temporary enjoyment out of it. I use Macs for visual FX and graphics design, and I make long-term money out of it. ;)

You're a gamer, I'm a gamer/worker hybrid. ;) You like PC's, I like em all. Linux, Mac, Windows....:)

Then you dont think mac users deserve to be able to play games if they want to?

I sort of agree with the "buy a pc for games" idea, but if some games can be ported, why not? Look at ID, they develop their games for mac too and they do well.

Actually, you play HL2 and get temporary enjoyment out of it. I use Macs for visual FX and graphics design, and I make long-term money out of it. ;)

You're a gamer, I'm a gamer/worker hybrid. ;) You like PC's, I like em all. Linux, Mac, Windows....:)

What the...blasphemy! HL2 is life! :cheese:

Then you dont think mac users deserve to be able to play games if they want to?

I sort of agree with the "buy a pc for games" idea, but if some games can be ported, why not? Look at ID, they develop their games for mac too and they do well.

No, I see it this way. They made their choice to go to a very small, barely supported computing system, then they complain when they don't get the same benefits that PC users get. It's kind of like buying a little sportscar, then discovering you cant fit more then two people and a briefcase in it....

My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by [[LuCkY]]
No, I see it this way. They made their choice to go to a very small, barely supported computing system, then they complain when they don't get the same benefits that PC users get. It's kind of like buying a little sportscar, then discovering you cant fit more then two people and a briefcase in it....

I guess you made a good point there.

Anyway its not like mac users everywhere are constantly bitching about not getting games, most of them just live with it. I personally have my pc for gaming so i have no problem with games not getting ported.

Well isn't this fun, a PC vs Mac argument.

Can you people not just let sleeping dogs lie?
Some of you like Macs, some of you don't. The bottom line is that just because you don't like them, doesn't mean they 'suck'.

I don't own a mac. I would buy one, but they're expensive and I would rather buy upgrades for my computer.

So, bottom line is.

Get Linux instead.

Originally posted by Dave
Well isn't this fun, a PC vs Mac argument.

Can you people not just let sleeping dogs lie?
Some of you like Macs, some of you don't. The bottom line is that just because you don't like them, doesn't mean they 'suck'.

I don't own a mac. I would buy one, but they're expensive and I would rather buy upgrades for my computer.

So, bottom line is.

Get Linux instead.

This thread was dying, thanks for bringing it back. :rolleyes:

I guess you made a good point there.

Anyway its not like mac users everywhere are constantly bitching about not getting games, most of them just live with it. I personally have my pc for gaming so i have no problem with games not getting ported.

As a Mac user, I would like to point out that no-one was bitching about not getting games. A perfectly reasonable request was made, asking people to participate in a petition to bring HL2 to the Mac. Even if you don't think it is coming to Mac, then what's the harm in trying? It's like the elections coming up, and you saying "Shall I vote for the Democrats this year? Nah, I don't think I'll bother - George Bush has loads of money to campaign with, so I don't see the point in trying".

Also, most of the replies seem to consist of

"mac suck! scr3w j00 all! peecees are the l33t!"

There is more to life than games, but this being a HL2 forum i'm unlikely to get many balanced replies...

Originally posted by J@ffa
As a Mac user, I would like to point out that no-one was bitching about not getting games. A perfectly reasonable request was made, asking people to participate in a petition to bring HL2 to the Mac. Even if you don't think it is coming to Mac, then what's the harm in trying? It's like the elections coming up, and you saying "Shall I vote for the Democrats this year? Nah, I don't think I'll bother - George Bush has loads of money to campaign with, so I don't see the point in trying".

Also, most of the replies seem to consist of

"mac suck! scr3w j00 all! peecees are the l33t!"

There is more to life than games, but this being a HL2 forum i'm unlikely to get many balanced replies...

Thats pretty much what I pointed out really :)

... I'd definently use linux only if I could play most, if not all of my games on it.. that's for sure!

I have Redhat 9 dualbooting with WinXp on my laptop and it's fun to tinker with and I use it to learn Linux (since I will most definently need to later on in my education).

Hey could you guys just do us mac users a favor, and just go to site and sign the petition, JEEZ!

Originally posted by SerialCarpens
Hey could you guys just do us mac users a favor, and just go to site and sign the petition, JEEZ!

It won't make a difference.

There is no LOGICAL way that could convince Valve otherwise. It would take more money invested to converting then they would make by selling it to a computing minority.

i would rather have the game come out on time than have some stupid jerk like u delay it another year just so u can have it on a mac..........HELL NOO!!!

Get a real computer....

Why do people keep buying Macs for games?

Give it up please... If you would have bought a PC
for games you wouldn't be having to deal with a
petition, which I am hoping nobody signs.

Macs suck a big one by the way...

i'd rather not do it.

even if valve saw the petition, they'd only consider it if the number of people signing it--and therefore potential buyers--GREATLY exceeded the amount of money it would take to port it to mac. therefore if i signed it, it would misrepresent the interest in the game.

and there are a million reasons they wouldn't do it anyway...all of which have been repeatedly stated on this thread...the chief reason being that the engine is directx, which is not available on mac. basically, they'd have to completely redo the game to do what you want...which isn't gonna happen.

and finally, i'd like to see mac continue to fail as a gaming platform because the day a game like hl2 comes out for mac only, i'd have to consider buying a mac, which would piss me off...it's not like choosing a console...buying a computer is a much more serious investment...if you wanted to play games, you should've chosen differently

LINUX > MAC
MAC <LINUX
PC = PWNS EVERYTHING
MAC PWNS...............ummmmmm Gameboy color maybe

Originally posted by coolio2man
LINUX > MAC
MAC <LINUX
PC = PWNS EVERYTHING
MAC PWNS...............ummmmmm Gameboy color maybe

a shining example of dumb.

Originally posted by Heitai
Here I thought this thread had died. It seems to have gainded some steam again.

U SAID STEAM!! BAN!!

Originally posted by Maskirovka
a shining example of dumb.

How about wording, well how should I put this. A little more Logically, becuase your trying to make fun of me right?
How about........
Wow he spelled owned wrong or I hate you. But a shining example of dumb? Comon u must be wary because only 7 days left :)

I hate online petitions... SO much...
Especially the same boring ones on petitiononline.com... :flame:

Seriously, all kids do is complain, so close minded.

hey, watch it.

and for all u mac users: Click Here

open with your mickey-mouse netscape or your other poor excuses for internet browsers

actually, its even funnier for pc users

hell, everyone watch it if u havent already

Originally posted by XtAkm4p
hey, watch it.

and for all u mac users: Click Here

open with your mickey-mouse netscape or your other poor excuses for internet browsers

actually, its even funnier for pc users

hell, everyone watch it if u havent already

It is very true, about the crashes. I can honestly say all that had happened to me.

Originally posted by [[LuCkY]]
It is very true, about the crashes. I can honestly say all that had happened to me.
Agreed... I use to work with Macs at school. By the way, that flash is and has always been classic. :D

The only feasible option here for Mac users is a windows emulator or something along those lines. Sorry :[

Back