Port Hl2 To Mac!!!

Hey guys it still supports opengl, DX is really just for sound, media, etc.. and that can be replaced with its equivilants. openal, openml, sdl, etc...

Originally posted by Syko
Basically, there's no way anything that depends on DirectX will run on anything other than Windows
MacDX
It's not some magical program that automatically runs DirectX games.
It is an API designed to work very similarly to DirectX so that programmers will be able to quickly and easily port DirectX-only software to Macs.

Originally posted by jabberwokk
Hey guys it still supports opengl, DX is really just for sound, media, etc.. and that can be replaced with its equivilants. openal, openml, sdl, etc...
I have heard from many people that have the "beta" that even if you set the game to OpenGL that it still uses DirectX (they prove this by turning on the option in DirectX that shows a logo when you start the D3D renderer).

EDIT: I don't use Macs... but I at least try to keep up with what's happening on the Mac side.

why not a mac? MAC is great computers esp. G5 :)
the fastest most robust system i ever worked on with "real time" rendering with DV-Movies and editing, no blue screenies there

With the money it takes to buy a Mac, you could buy a PC that most likely would run Photoshop just as well in additon to being able to do everything else...

The only thing Mac's are good for is art. And I'm talking photoshop and video editing type art. Pc's are almost just as good, plus everything supports em and you can play games on them. Get a PC.

I'm gonna do you a favor by not signing this petition. Mac ported PC games traditionally run horribly even years after they were first released on PC. Macs are the nVidias of the CPU world, unless an app is specifically coded for it, forget about it.

My why not just get a PC to MAC emulator? When I was in HS my business programming teach. was bent on using MACs, and that's what he used to port his games. It cost around 100$, if you buy it. But I think for you people who insist on running a dying breed of computers that can't even understand an AVI file that was burned onto a disk by PC, this is your best bet. Remember, 5-year-old HL isn't out for MAC. At least I'm not aware of it.

-Ghost.

I want Half-Life 2 ported to PHP 4 so i can play MP against Mac users and kick their @sses.

:cheese:

Back