Possible 'gold' party today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation. No announcements have been made, they are being awaited. The party may or may not have been Valve, and it may or may not have been for going gold.

fuzzy read the first post on this thread.

also who said it was goin gold tomoz? cause HE HASn't got a reply from his email yet ppl!

Originally posted by rob.derosa
Who the hell am I, what the hell is happening...whhaaaaaaa :O

Please stop. Lets just wait for the email before we add anymore posts on this thread.

he wont get a reply from his email for a while. gabe be partying yo, no time 4 silly emailz

E-mail him with a subject like:

"HL2 HAS BEEN LEAKED! WTF DOOD!"

then say "just kidding" and make him hate you.

Originally posted by d.sanchez
he wont get a reply from his email for a while. gabe be partying yo, no time 4 silly emailz
Word up, dawg. The playa ain't got no time to answer some silly ass emails, when he's getting his groove on, baby!

Originally posted by Orange
So the party was on the first floor of the Hyatt while the valve offices are on the 2nd floor of the building next door?

hl 's party looked like it was in the office, but it would be neat if this were true : D

I'd be laughing nervously out if fans were dropping by peeking in windows lol ;D

Nah the reception for Microsoft was in the Bank of America building in a section owned by the Hyatt called the Winter Garden. The Hyatt is next door. The reception was in the same building as Valve's offices.

EDIT: *sigh* Sorry for any confusion, but there was no party for Valve. I contacted the Hyatt, which books the Winter Garden for receptions/etc, and they told me that Microsoft had booked it for 12:00-1:00 earlier today.

lol nice one RASMOH

"i'za partying with my Homies, peace out with the emails yo. Or iza pump ya ass with me crowbar, shove it up ya ass till ya eyez go pop yo."

spitcodfry, the ppl who said that they got an email BK from gabe, are the ppl who send about 5emails to him! LOL....you sent ONE!

Originally posted by Rasmoh
Word up, dawg. The playa ain't got no time to answer some silly ass emails, when he's getting his groove on, baby!
fo shizzle nizzle. no bizzle with the e-mizzle dizzle

exclusive pic from Valve's party

Attachments

• valve091603.jpg
    valve091603.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 300
I haven't gotten any e-mail yet from my yahoo-sent one, and I was the first to mail him about this. I'm gonna re-send it tomorrow morning, cause the couple times that Gabe has responded to me in the past, it's been when I've sent him messages in the morning.

Half-Life 2 Gold

BELLEVUE, Wash. - Wednesday September 17, 2003 -...

It would be nice if it was true, but I seem to have missed the confrimation. Did I miss it skiming through the last few pages?

Originally posted by Heitai
Half-Life 2 Gold

BELLEVUE, Wash. - Wednesday September 17, 2003 -...

It would be nice if it was true, but I seem to have missed the confrimation. Did I miss it skiming through the last few pages?

No, people have been posting misleading info---although not on purpose I think. They were probably confused with prior info discussed here.

i gotta admit....if it did go gold...wouldn't someone say from valve a day before.

also maybe the party was about.

1) finished hl2 with testing done, and all that
2) steam fixed or something.
3) SOMEONES BIRTHDAY
4)HL2 FINISHED AND WILL GO GOLD TOMOZ/THIS WEEK (I HOPE)

5) just a meal to all valve to say thanks

hey spit, would you be able to just take a photo of the building, or the lobby of the building or something. Or just try to go to level 2, if it doesnt work its no loss. Everything to gain nothing to lose!!:)

Originally posted by spitcodfry
EDIT: *sigh* Sorry for any confusion, but there was no party for Valve. I contacted the Hyatt, which books the Winter Garden for receptions/etc, and they told me that Microsoft had booked it for 12:00-1:00 earlier today.

So then lock this thread?

Originally posted by spitcodfry

BELLEVUE, Wash. - Wednesday September 17, 2003 - A group of geeks stormed a Microsoft convention today after being falsely informed that it is a Half-Life 2 release party. Most Microsoft employees escaped with minor injuries but a few had to be treated for lacerations apparently caused with a crawbar.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
BELLEVUE, Wash. - Wednesday September 17, 2003 - A group of geeks stormed a Microsoft convention today after being falsely informed that it is a Half-Life 2 release party. Most Microsoft employees escaped with minor injuries but a few had to be treated for lacerations apparently caused with a crawbar.

LOL. Nerd vs. Nerd battle!

Originally posted by LoneDeranger

CROWBAR!!! NOT CRAWBAR, NOT CRAJJ@!J#JEJBAR!, CROW TO THE MOTHER FUKING BAR!

indeed.

Think about it. Why would Microsoft be having a party?

Answer: Half-LIfe 2 has gone gold.

I saw a bunch of kids in the park near my house having a rather large party today. They had one of those inflatable rooms and a clown. almost certainly a halflife 2 gold party. plus, there was cake.

Originally posted by Homer
I saw a bunch of kids in the park near my house having a rather large party today. They had one of those inflatable rooms and a clown. almost certainly a halflife 2 gold party. plus, there was cake.

Now THAT is the funniest thing I have read all day!
:cheers:

Oh Lord, not the Claw Shrimp thing again.
For some reason it makes me laugh every damn time.

It's a trap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back