Possible 'gold' party today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's 3:51PM there!!!!!

i thought america is 5hrs away in time from UK?

over here in UK it is 11:55pm

Originally posted by koopa
You should probably make your way through the ducts. As you enter the building, be sure to ask yourself 'What would Gordon do?', and stay in character at all times.

lol, hope they dont have any barneys inside

Well, as a worker in a games developer company, I can say ( at least on my company, of course) there aren't any security special measures at all. If you want to go in, you just need to avoid the recepcionist ( well, actually that's pretty tricky...)

Originally posted by el Chi
Or a restraining order...

Also - the people wanting to e-mail Gabe to confirm... When was the last party you went to where you checked your e-mail halfway through? Wow, now that'd be hardcore partying going on right there.
If it's true, then they ought to be far too busy having a good time to confirm the snivellings of us little scumlings...

I doubt Gabe would take a fan to court because he went to ask when the game was coming out. If I started humping his leg, while foaming at the mouth and laughing maniacally all the while, then I could understand the need for a restraining order. Or walk him to his car every day after work and shout 'autograph gimmee gimmee gimmee!"

It was confirmed that function was for Microsoft, not Valve. Just waiting to hear anything from him is all.

Originally posted by spitcodfry
3:51 pm

Thanks.......
You should go back later if it is Valve's party....good chance of getting the goods if they are all hammered...
Wonder what party games they play...pass the headcrab,spin the crowbar....

Maybe you need a key to access the floor via the elevator. Turn it, then press the button. Something like that perhaps.

A fairly common practice with companies that are trying to be a bit secretive...

I doubt Gabe would take a fan to court because he went to ask when the game was coming out.
I was joking...

I doubt Gabe would take a fan to court because he went to ask when the game was coming out. If I started humping his leg, while foaming at the mouth and laughing maniacally all the while, then I could understand the need for a restraining order. Or walk him to his car every day after work and shout 'autograph gimmee gimmee gimmee!"

It was confirmed that function was for Microsoft, not Valve. Just waiting to hear anything from him is all.

But if you DO start humping his leg, with the foam and the laugh, make sure you get a picture of that...

Microsoft is sort of pallys with Valve with the DX 9.0 thing isn't it?

crumblee

Ill stop messing around now, i have one of the VALVe guys business cards, in fact i have Gabes one from 1998 when then were at their old offices. Point is i have telephone number, fax, FULL address, etc, all the usual business card stuff, but, i don't think its appropriate that i divulge this information here, the card was given to me because of my position in the community and i'm not about to take it fro granted.

No there wasn't really any point to this post, just thought i'd say :)

Originally posted by crumbles
A fairly common practice with companies that are trying to be a bit secretive...

then all he has to do is the uber splinter cell skills, like I told him in his last thread, he jumps up, does the splits with his legs on the sides of the walls, then lift the hatch on the roof and climb up to the 2nd floor! easy. lol:cheers:

Originally posted by MaDMaXX
Ill stop messing around now, i have one of the VALVe guys business cards, in fact i have Gabes one from 1998 when then were at their old offices. Point is i have telephone number, fax, FULL address, etc, all the usual business card stuff, but, i don't think its appropriate that i divulge this information here, the card was given to me because of my position in the community and i'm not about to take it fro granted.

No there wasn't really any point to this post, just thought i'd say :)

Give the number!!! I gotta talk to the man!!!

Originally posted by shapeshifter
then all he has to do is the uber splinter cell skills, like I told him in his last thread, he jumps up, does the splits with his legs on the sides of the walls, then lift the hatch on the roof and climb up to the 2nd floor! easy. lol:cheers:

And I've done that with Splinter Cell dozens of times....that's EASY.

Oh wait....godDAMMit....real life. Son of a....

Heh.

Spit will have to settle for being politly inquisitive.

crumbles, mumbles, tumbles...

lol, sorry man, i really shouldn't, he's stopped replying to my mails as it is :(

Give the number!!! I gotta talk to the man!!!

Icq the man, quick...he's on the last train to Vancouvey in the mornin!

lol, sorry man, i really shouldn't, he's stopped replying to my mails as it is :(

Heads up to Spitty...this what happens when you start humping legs and frothin'.

Sorry about accusing you of lying spitcodfry, but you know the situation on these boards.

I'm seriously considering a flight over to the states for the very reason of visiting VALVe, i'm sort of after a job, but i'd just be interesting in seeing how they develop sound tbh (thats what i do)

If I gave you my yahoo e-mail could you send it to me? It's not like I'm gonna tell the guy, 'Yo, got your number from Mad Max. Ever seen it? Bitchin' flick!"

If I gave you my yahoo e-mail could you send it to me? It's not like I'm gonna tell the guy, 'Yo, got your number from Mad Max. Ever seen it? Bitchin' flick!"

DON'T trust HIM!!! spitcodfry will sell you out faster then you can say "eh?" for free swag! j/k

though i really need to be on speaking terms with them, but i do understand they're real busy, and lets face it, i'm hardly on their "to do" priority list am i? :)

o Debug steam
o Fix last load bug
o Final playtest through last single play section
o Show MaDMaXX around

Originally posted by shapeshifter
DON'T trust HIM!!! spitcodfry will sell you out faster then you can say "eh?" for free swag! j/k

Selling a man's soul for a t-shirt. Is there anything sweeter?

Sorry, i really am, but i know for a fact they do read these forums, and, i don't want any trust i may have gained with them blown out of the water. As you say, there should be a large VALVe or HL2 symbol there :p

though i really need to be on speaking terms with them, but i do understand they're real busy, and lets face it, i'm hardly on their "to do" priority list am i? :)

In case you change your mind it's [email protected]

Anyway, i'm outta here, its like, ugh, 00:20 here, i'm well tired and need to be up for 06:45 :(

I'm seriously considering a flight over to the states for the very reason of visiting VALVe, i'm sort of after a job, but i'd just be interesting in seeing how they develop sound tbh (thats what i do)

Yeah if you're considering working for any American game companies, you probably can't go wrong with Valve. They probably pay the best, seeing as their founders are both Microsoft millionaires, and pay out of their own pockets for paychecks.

I was looking for Valve in Bellevue today, and almost gave up. As I was walking back to my car through the Bank of America building, I glanced at the building number and it matched with what directory assistance told me the location of Valve was.

I noticed there was a reception of some sort going on in a room at the lobby---and lemme tell you, these people didn't look like the type with social lives. This is pure bullshit speculation, but it's possible that Valve was throwing a 'gold' party or something like it. Here's hoping that was what it was.

One guy glared at me through the window as if he thought I was some sort of spy.

Yeah, I know this is like no evidence whatsoever but it still kept me hopeful.
STFU :dozey:

Serious: this is probably a deadend, spitdude. MaDMaXX is right on...they probably barely remember the guy - what with the final (hopefully) preparations going on. If you have the time for one last visit, serious again...go inside the building...have a bite at the restaurant if you're locked out of the second floor (or you chicken out of knocking on the valve door), ask a few direct, polite questions.

it is 00:20 am over here now. tired but i am goin to now play some MOHAA online for an hour LOL

Re: Re: Possible 'gold' party today?

Originally posted by DigiQ8
STFU :dozey:

Man, that guy gives headcrabs a bad name.

er.

crumbles

rhymes with still just a lousy headcrab. waaaah.

Re: Re: Re: Possible 'gold' party today?

crumbles

Only another 20-odd posts to go though. Don't give up now :)

Re: Re: Re: Possible 'gold' party today?

Man, that guy gives headcrabs a bad name.

er.

crumbles

Don't worry, dude. I'm confident you'll ascend the ranks of these boards with ease. You're one of the most cordial people I've talked to on here. That right there should put you in the lead.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Possible 'gold' party today?

Originally posted by koopa
Only another 20-odd posts to go though. Don't give up now :)

Sir....how can you tell? Didn't see it in the faq....and I'm an unobservant fool as well.

crumbles

Re: Re: Re: Re: Possible 'gold' party today?

Don't worry, dude. I'm confident you'll ascend the ranks of these boards with ease. You're one of the most cordial people I've talked to on here. That right there should put you in the lead.

Thanks much...gives me yet another chance to reply and add a post...

almost....>gasp<....there....ah....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Possible 'gold' party today?

Sir....how can you tell? Didn't see it in the faq....and I'm an unobservant fool as well.

crumbles
100 posts for Zombie, 200 for Ant Lion, upto >1000 for Combine (this is from memory, so it's possibly incorrect). You've got 75 posts, so another 25 gets you Zombie and instant respect :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back