Possible 'gold' party today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i could do it spitcodfry :) grr , too late, but gabe always answers my emails :D

Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:40:22 -0000

that is the time it says on your email? don't you live in USA?

isn't USA time 5hrs behind UK's time?

so how can it be 9:40PM in USA and 10:50PM over here in UK now?

Thanks Spitcod...

Courage over and above the call of duty...

I'm positive Spit is on the level here...no reason for him to lie.

He's mentioned before that he lived in the area.

Spycam would have been a good idea, though. Whatsamatta you?

Sounds good, real good....wish they'd announce it. Waaaaaah.

Know how to keep a moron in suspense for a week? I'll tell you next Monday!

crumbles

rhymes with can't wait for the @#$% gold announcement

Alright coo just post it if u want one of us to send it. Or we could both send it and like he would have to answer then...cuz it would be 2 ppl asking the same question...

Originally posted by commando
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:40:22 -0000

that is the time it says on your email? don't you live in USA?

isn't USA time 5hrs behind UK's time?

so how can it be 9:40PM in USA and 10:50PM over here in UK now?

It's 2:52 PM here. I have no idea how the e-mail time works.

I'll go ahead and post this here for you guys to send, in case the yahoo one doesn't work as well:

Hi Gabe—hope this e-mail doesn’t make you think I’m a stalker or anything. People over at hl2.net have been up in arms about the release of Half-Life 2 for some time, and I thought about visiting your offices to just ask someone there about what’s going on. My yellow pages listed your office as your old location in Kirkland, so I called directory assistance and they gave me your new address in Bellevue. I drove around for a bit, and couldn’t find it, then decided to just go on foot down NE 8th till I found it. I was about to give up and head back to my car when I was walking through the plaza area of the Bank of America building when I noticed the address number of it matched what directory assistance had given me. It looked like there was some sort of reception going on inside and catering tables aplenty towards the back of the building. Was this perhaps a possible ‘gold’ reception that you guys were throwing? Was it affiliated with Valve at all? Sorry about this long-winded e-mail, but I think it will alleviate many fan’s fears over at the hl2.net forums if you could throw us a bone about the release in some way or another. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Andrew Lovvorn

P.S. Best of luck in optimizing Steam.

o ok just a thought lol

also SPITCODFRY.........do you really live near valve? would be sweet to live near them. but like where abouts is it??? i live in uk. but jus wondering

Spitcodfry's a good guy, I don't think he'd lie about something like this. He's also mentioned before that he lived near Valve's HQ.

GJ man

They are in Bellevue, WA now. I live about 5 minutes from the road they are on, not quite sure how far down the road they are though.

Originally posted by spitcodfry
It's 2:52 PM here. I have no idea how the e-mail time works.

"Delivery last attempted at Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:40:22 -0000"

Notice the "-0000" this means that it was 0 hours behind GMT. i.e. GMT time.

Originally posted by commando
o ok just a thought lol

also SPITCODFRY.........do you really live near valve? would be sweet to live near them. but like where abouts is it??? i live in uk. but jus wondering

It lies in the heart of Bellevue, which is close to Microsoft and Bill's house. Seattle is about ten minutes from there. There's a shopping mall called Bellevue Square thats literally only a block from Valve. Bellevue is a real nice city and offers tons of opportunities.

Alright i emailed him. Hmmm sorry i doubted u that does seem like it would be them i guess i mis read your post.(i was thinkin u said that there was just some party going on somewhere with nerdy lookin ppl and that was it)

That'd be kind of crazy, my dad lives in a neighborhood further north on 8th st.

Ha, if Spitcodfry came back and said that he found out the game was delayed, imagine the flames.

Heh.

First he acted like he just happened to be by the building, now it's that he went andsearched it out.

You're either a stalker or a liar, the only two choices! :cheese:

Originally posted by Ralphus
First he acted like he just happened to be by the building, now it's that he went andsearched it out.

Umm, no he never acted like that. he said

I was looking for Valve in Bellevue today, and almost gave up. As I was walking back to my car through the Bank of America building, I glanced at the building number and it matched with what directory assistance told me the location of Valve was.

More ppl need to email him so everywhere he turns he'll have one in his face and he will have to answer!

Stalker. He went there looking for it and only noticed it on the way back to his car.

Stalk away, Spitcodfry, but take pictures next time please.

I was looking for Valve in Bellevue today, and almost gave up. As I was walking back to my car through the Bank of America building, I glanced at the building number and it matched with what directory assistance told me the location of Valve was.

YOU ARE A STALKER

>Stalker. He went there looking for it and only noticed it on the way >back to his car.

>Stalk away, Spitcodfry, but take pictures next time please.

Amen...spit is totally stalkariffic.

Get one of those spycams those pop ups keep telling us to buy.

crumbles

I love this thread. :bounce:

I have no idea what to think of it, but I love it.

Originally posted by indocomplexity
Interesting stuff, i REALLY cant wait for the reply, hope gabe replies...

Gabe is probably scared!

Originally posted by mchammer75040
More ppl need to email him so everywhere he turns he'll have one in his face and he will have to answer!
unless it wasn't valve's party.. then he will think that all his fan's are insane and shoot himself for devoting 5 years to millions of insane people.

Gabe? Forums? Stalker? Where?!1!?11

*hides in bushes*

Well I found out from contacting the Hyatt which is next to the Bank of America building that the catered area was reserved from 12:00 to 1:00 for Microsoft. I don't know about the other area, which was more towards the front of the building. That's where the bulk of people were. Guess it was only Microsoft folks, though. :frown:

ha, "the biggest game in history found gold by a hl2.net forum member before rest of world"

i could imagine that :D

Gabe is probably scared!

I doubt he's scared...more likely he's getting plastered at the Gold party

:farmer: :cheers: :p

Well I found out from contacting the Hyatt which is next to the Bank of America building that the catered area was reserved from 12:00 to 1:00 for Microsoft. I don't know about the other area, which was more towards the front of the building. That's where the bulk of people were. Guess it was only Microsoft folks, though. :frown:

Ha, Microsoft bringing there loads of cash to bribe gabe and finaaly won :D sorry guys hl2 for xbox first before pc :p :D :D LOL

Originally posted by jhero
ha, "the biggest game in history found gold by a hl2.net forum member before rest of world"

i could imagine that :D
yeah it would make the world news. :retard:

Just don't get "King of Comedy" on the man. Spitcodfry as Sandra Bernhard..."I just wanna get totally CRAZY, JERRY!"

No violence, just love.

Which might make Gabe twice as scared.....>shudder<

crmbls

I think I'm gonna go back there tomorrow. I read on the gamespy preview when they visited their offices that it was on the second floor. There's supposedly a big valve logo as you get off the elevator, that has an arrow pointing down the hall. Would they call security on someone just for stopping by without an appointment?

I guess Gabe is going to get the windows blacked out now. Probably shouldn't have said anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back