Post a screenshot!

Yeah it's AA. They just released a 1.14 which is the 3rd patch I think. They're about 800mbs worth in total.

I play with most settings on Med/Low, but I can put it up to Normal for the textures/anisotropic/model detail without FPS dropping too much. It's the shadows that kill everything mostly. I only have 1 core enabled and an 8600gt. I get over 30 fps all the time.

I put the settings up for the screens :p

Wow, tempted to get this. The map size is indeed epic. How does it play? Is it fun?

I want to buy Armed Assault, but I don't have the money. :( :( :(

I want to make missions...

The patch runs great... The game runs great in comparison with the past. But I don't want to play it because I don't own it. Mainly because I can't play multiplayer and FADE kicks in and I feel guilty so I don't play it.

I bought AA and played it once, I love Flashpoint, one of my all time favorate games but AA was pretty bad... Well I say bad I barly got to play it. It looked worse then flash point and barly run on a pc which is better then the pc I had when I played flashpoint... Really put me off.

A wad I made for skulltag (running doom 2).
Observe the dynamic lighting, gibs flying through the air, blood smearing on the walls, high res textures, smoking projectiles (rockets and plasma impact), improved rocket explosion. I also added improved sounds for... just about everything. Anyway, pics:

"Hey guys! Why are you running?"

beforenx4.jpg

After:

afterjm1.jpg

Just showing off the nice green glow and smoke of the plasma rifle. Also notice the blood smear on the wall.. :)

plasmans7.jpg

(doom is so easy/fun to mod!!)

I bought AA and played it once, I love Flashpoint, one of my all time favorate games but AA was pretty bad... Well I say bad I barly got to play it. It looked worse then flash point and barly run on a pc which is better then the pc I had when I played flashpoint... Really put me off.

You should let me borrow your CD key. :naughty:

One of my favorite games at the moment! So awesome! It's a horror adventure game! And these pics are from only the VERY beginning of the game! I only have a glowstick, no flashlight yet..

penumbra200807142349494fx7.png

penumbra200807142350041zf5.png

penumbra200807142352087ey9.png

penumbra200807142352282ni0.png

penumbra200807142354175pw5.png

penumbra200807142354271qn1.png

penumbra200807142354540se1.png

Penumbra, no? I played a tech demo of that some time ago. Creepy as hell.

This is the full version (Penumbra Black Plague), the Tech Demo is like the first part of the story, in this one it continues from where Overture (the TD) left off, and in this one there is no weapons or stupid dogs. WAY better. I actually just reviewed it in the Rate the last game you played thread.

Resident Evil 4 v1.1 with bloom mod and texture patch, doesn't look half bad now.

game2008071423395971vp5.jpg

game2008071423413790bk5.jpg

game2008071423355137hu7.jpg

Yea, doesn't look half-bad..

Unless you look at the game.

How did it go from PS2 to that.. The PS2 does not look that bad.. No offense, but even with the texture patch PS2 got it beat.

EDIT: Wow, actually looking at screens for it (I haven't seen the game play since it came out on PS2), they both look bad... I remember them being alot better..

Yea, doesn't look half-bad..

Unless you look at the game.

How did it go from PS2 to that.. The PS2 does not look that bad.. No offense, but even with the texture patch PS2 got it beat.

EDIT: Wow, actually looking at screens for it (I haven't seen the game play since it came out on PS2), they both look bad... I remember them being alot better..

The patched up PC version is far superior to the PS2 version (higher res, better textures), the only version that beats it is the GC/Wii versions, but with all the mods the PC version really is better than the PS2.

Also, considering that before the official patch and hi-res textures with bloom, the PC game looked like this:-

resident_evil_4_1.jpg

resident_evil_4_5.jpg

PS2 vs Modded PC comparison:-

PS2
925156_20051024_screen002.jpg

PC
game2008071423274485gd2.jpg

I think that's a massive improvement

The only thing I don't like is that sharpness on the PC. The sort of fuzziness on the PS2 kind of makes it look better, Maybe it's just me who likes it that way.

This is the full version (Penumbra Black Plague), the Tech Demo is like the first part of the story, in this one it continues from where Overture (the TD) left off, and in this one there is no weapons or stupid dogs. WAY better. I actually just reviewed it in the Rate the last game you played thread.

The Penumbra franchise is awesome. Those creepy games remind me a lot of Half-Life 1, with less or no action and more puzzles (which, for an adventurer like me, is a good thing).

The only thing I don't like is that sharpness on the PC. The sort of fuzziness on the PS2 kind of makes it look better, Maybe it's just me who likes it that way.
the fuzziness on the PS2 version makes it look creepier. And look at the pistol laser, looks better on the PS2 version.

I don't understand why they ported the PS2 version to PC and not the graphically superior GC/Wii version.

the fuzziness on the PS2 version makes it look creepier. And look at the pistol laser, looks better on the PS2 version.

Okay, Ive found a new shader mod which adds the fuzziness from the PS2 version and lighting reminiscent of the GC, have a look:-

game2008071519011032rd5.jpg

game2008071519001023oh1.jpg

game2008071519052367wl3.jpg

game2008071519181378fk7.jpg

game2008071519412118ud6.jpg

Oh, and you can download a mod to change the transparency of the laser to look like the console versions.

Anyway, I'd best stop turning this into an RE4 thread :)

The 2nd image looks better, but the 3rd and 4th seem to be......lacking. The don't look the same as the console version, just doesn't look as dark and a lot of the wall textures still are fairly sharp.

The 2nd image looks better, but the 3rd and 4th seem to be......lacking. The don't look the same as the console version, just doesn't look as dark and a lot of the wall textures still are fairly sharp.

The sharpness of the textures is due to the Hi-Res textures MOD, the vanilla game has the same textures as the PS2, and it will never look as good as the Gamecube version, due to that version having dynamic lighting, but it is better than the PS2.

At the end of the day though, wether you agree with me or not, you can't say that it isn't a massive improvement over the retail game, and one that makes the PC version worthwhile if you have no access to the console versions.

Defending a Battlekeep in AoC for the first time:
file.php

that's such an awesome game ennui.. you make me want to play it again

You can't see it, but he's got a dagger in his hand.

28623998br2.png

Replayed stalker this week. Installed a few graphics mods that massively improved the visuals. They are S.W.O. 2.2.2 (stalker weather overhaul), fallout flashlight (atmosphere +50%) and float32 (newest). Rescaled the screenshots to 50%. I made my own user.ltx and tweaked the weather_default.ltx.

NO MODS

ss1.jpg

MODS :D
ss2.jpg

Some pretty screenshots that I took in my playthrough. I could make prettier ones if I really tried. And yes, I play without a crosshair (atmosphere +50%).

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

ss5.jpg

ss6.jpg

ss7.jpg

I'll start playing STALKER as soon as I get my new graphics card from NCIX.. I ordered it on Saturday, it's Monday now, and I payed the $19CDN for air Purolator, so it should be here soon..

I have STALKER installed right now, but I can't play it unless it's at absolute minimum (well I can play it at high settings, but I get like 5 FPS...), so I'm sitting here waiting.. Since my system is AGP the best I could get was a 7600GT, hopefully it runs STALKER well..

Brick, would you recommend I install any of those, or will my system still be too crappy? (I only have 1GB mem, though)

Dog--, yeah you won't be able to run it like that. I'm playing at absolute max. With my e6300 @ 3.3ghz (equivalent to the e8400 at stock speeds), 2gb and 8800gtx (10%) overclock, I'm averaging at around 35 fps. I'm playing on a 22" widescreen though (1680x1050). And I'm not forcing true MSAA through the control panel, since it cuts my fps in half + crashes.

Anyway, the mods I installed don't affect performance other than in the good way (more optimized shaders thanks to float32), so if you find that you can run stock stalker in 'full dynamic lighting' mode, it'll run about the same with these mods and tweaks. If full dynamic lighting isn't playable, there's a 'lite' version of the S.W.O. mod, which makes it look a LOT better anyway. So yes, I do recommend these mods.

Immune Attack - Valve, maybe you could give these guys a hand and write this for them... perhaps get a tax break for donating to education? This game kills me because it'd be a damn fine premise for this sort of thing, but the execution ain't no ball of fire.
Marking the chemical trail:

LPS activation on the surface of a macrophage:

Pseudomonas infection:

A little bit of morbidness from Hitman Blood Money:-

hitmanxa0.jpg

Back