Rate the last game you played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway - JASPER, ZANOVICH! I NEED YOU ALL OVER THERE NOW! SUPPRESSING FIRE! MY LIPS DON'T MOVE WHEN I YELL! WHY DON'T YOU SHUT UP AND FLANK THEM?/10

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this is fun.

^lolololololol

COD4 - still doesn't get any better/10

Had my stats reset three times. Soooo sad now :(

Just had my stats reset 2 days ago. I basically copied the whole folder over from one drive to the other
and then it reset my ****ing stats because of corruption. Had so much shit unlocked and pretty much all
the challenges done.

Bloody hate that ey... but then again it's kind of a detterent to pirates :p

I read somewhere that you could download the entire level 55 stats from somewhere then put that in a folder in your COD4 files...but i reckon it's a waste of effort cause you won't appreciate the unlocks more :(

How do you mean deterrent to pirates?
Also where can you download all the stats,
I have no ****ing interest of doing everything again,
I appreciated getting them once but not again.

Crysis - Thus far I'm having a pretty damn fun time despite some slowdowns here and there. I'd have to rate it probably 8/10.

I like taking shit out with my fists of fury. The Koreans seem to have more health than me + the nanosuit + my wiener in a jar of hot sauce.

The controls are solid as well. I'll keep this thread updated with how I feel about the game.

How do you mean deterrent to pirates?
Also where can you download all the stats,
I have no ****ing interest of doing everything again,
I appreciated getting them once but not again.

If you have an illegal copy it'll kick you out of servers if it notices the same key being used at the same time. If you want to play at any kind of decent rate, you'd probably have to have a set of different keys to use progressively if they started being used. Everytime you change your cdkey your stats are reset.

Therefore for you to play properly you'll need to buy your own key.

Dunno where you can download them, just seen the link posted a few times during gameplay chat. The stats have full everything apparently, gold m1014 druganov ak47 red tiger camo for all guns etc...

ES: The Shivering Isles: 8/10

Had this game for over a year and finally got around to playing it. Environments seem to be more detailed and this expansion pack is strangely much much less buggy than Oblivion too.

The new spells are also awesome as they are much more useful than the ones you get from vanilla Oblivion. Some of the mods I have installed for Oblivion don't work for Shivering Isles though, such as the 'realistic economy' mod.

Silent Hill Homecoming
Haven't beaten it yet, actually just started, but it's really fun so far.

Picked up a couple of games for the 360 recently:

FIFA 09 - 9/10 - Farkin' awesome. Took a little while to get used to it, but it's definitely the best representation of football I've ever seen in a game. It just oozes class. Didn't really fancy PES or FIFA last year, but there really is no contest for me now.

NHL 09 - 9/10 - Never watched a game of hockey in my life before playing the demo, but once I worked out what the hell was going on I loved it. If you're a fan of sports in general, you should definitely give the demo a try. The Be a Pro mode is brilliant, and a great way to learn about positioning and how the game plays in general if you're new to the sport. It's just ridiculously satisfying when you do score, but even moreso when it's with your own created guy. I've watched a bunch of games since, and ice hockey actually is the shit. It still took me weeks to work out all the terminolgy and rules though.

lolsportsgames

Crysis - Thus far I'm having a pretty damn fun time despite some slowdowns here and there. I'd have to rate it probably 8/10.

I like taking shit out with my fists of fury. The Koreans seem to have more health than me + the nanosuit + my wiener in a jar of hot sauce.

The controls are solid as well. I'll keep this thread updated with how I feel about the game.

Get the latest patch, it fixes the health of the Koreans.

Silent Hill Homecoming
Haven't beaten it yet, actually just started, but it's really fun so far.

I just started chapter 2, what part are you on? I don't know what it is, but I guess I am easily immersed when it comes to horror games, but I like it.. i'm scared as hell to play it at night.

The combat is really satisfying. I have it on hard and I haven't encountered more than 3 enemies at once, but when I fight some of those nasty lookin ghouls I feel like i'm really fighting for my life, I wish they would let us keep hitting those sons of bitches when they're dead.

Shamshock, I know what you're frustrated about but seriously, once you beat the game on the hardest mode, the only thing you want is harder! And considering that the Koreans are the easy ones...

Crysis: warhead 9.5/10

Short game but full of quality action. I believe they fixed the AI this time.

Sonic Collection: 8/10

I got this game for nostaliga purposes and it's great. Except, minus one point because the in-game save function in Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles is not functional. Without this, it's virtually impossible to complete all the Chaos emerald mini-games so you can get the bonus Doomsday Zone at the end of S&K. Also, for some reason, the games do not (and will not) play in fullscreen which sucks, so minus another point.

If not for these things, I'd give it a perfect 10.

Somehow, these games seemed harder when I was younger too, but still fun as hell.

Picked up a couple of games for the 360 recently:

FIFA 09 - 9/10 - Farkin' awesome. Took a little while to get used to it, but it's definitely the best representation of football I've ever seen in a game. It just oozes class. Didn't really fancy PES or FIFA last year, but there really is no contest for me now.

Yeah got it for my PS3 as my 360 is borked and I prefer the PS3 pad for sports games.

Really enjoying it too. Even though I'm still getting pooned on Pro lvl. I don't think I could play PES atm. The pace is just too unrealistic. Fifa just has the right pace of a football match, it 'feels' right.

TrackMania Nations - 7/10

Not a bad game, but the amount of tracks and cars is skimpy. Can't knock it for being free, though.

TrackMania Nations - 7/10

Not a bad game, but the amount of tracks and cars is skimpy. Can't knock it for being free, though.

There are sooo many tracks. Just go online and you'll see.

Unreal Tournament 3 - 8/10...

Not as good as UT2004, feels damn consolized... but I'll be damned if it isn't fun as hell.
All of the mods that are in the works for it look like they'll be worth the $20 themselves.

The Witcher Enchanced Edition

Oblivion Can Suck It/10

This game blew my mind in terms of story and characters. Even the world felt alive. Loved everything about this game.

I picked up FIFA for the first time since 05 and yeh while they are really now starting to get to grips with football simulations, it still has nothing on the likes of PES 5. The PES this year is said to drastically improve the flop that occurred last year so I think PES will yet again win it.

Brothers In Arms - Hells Highway 8/10

Good game, revised cover system means that you can now hit anyone not properly in cover, locational hit damage to the Nazi's, nice graphics and fun gameplay.

My problems with it were that because I never played the original 2 games past the first few missions, the story seemed a bit messy and confusing, I guess that's my fault not the games. Also, the levels were it forces you to go solo through some very dodgy plot point are a little crappy, for example, you go into a building and the door shuts behind you, so you carry on alone. Daft.

Overall though great game, now I'm gonna play the originals to see what I missed.

Unreal Tournament 3 - 8/10...

Not as good as UT2004, feels damn consolized... but I'll be damned if it isn't fun as hell.
All of the mods that are in the works for it look like they'll be worth the $20 themselves.
You'll have to link me to some of these, I've lost 90% of the endeavor I had for the game :bonce:

Portal Prelude 8.5/10 Some incredible level design and some good writing too. Definitely get this.

Rock Band 2: 9/10
You + three friends + Rock Band 1/2 = hours of fun

Age of Booty Beta - 0/10...

A real-time hex-based RTS pirate game.
Yes, it's as bad as it sounds.

Simplistic as all hell and takes absolute NO skill to play at all.

Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway

I havent beaten it yet, but I thought I had. There was a cutscene that made me think the game was over, but it wasnt. When I was watching it I was like "Aww, that was kinda short. Oh well, it was awesome, I think i'd rate it at a 9/10" and then the game was like "NOPE NOT DONE YET" and I was like "WHOO!"

Then I came here to say how its awesome. Multiplayer is fun as well, seems like theres a lot of opportunity for clan gaming.

Pure - Good.

Can't be ****ed rating shit any more.

It's fun, if occasionally maddening. One of those games you really get into, to the extent where you're hollering like a methed-up frat boy when you're doing well, or making death threats at your monitor if you're doing badly. On the whole, a pretty darn good rental, but not something I'd go out and buy. The chassis is solid, but I prefer a racer with a bit more meat on it's bones. Looking forward to a sequel.

No One Lives Forever - 9/10
Its sooo good! I had never played it, and i really enjoyed it. Each level is so different and refreshing, full of memorable moments, and its one of the funniest games i ever played. This is what modern FPS should be. Oh! and Cate rocks!

I'm now playing the second one.

Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway

I havent beaten it yet, but I thought I had. There was a cutscene that made me think the game was over, but it wasnt. When I was watching it I was like "Aww, that was kinda short. Oh well, it was awesome, I think i'd rate it at a 9/10" and then the game was like "NOPE NOT DONE YET" and I was like "WHOO!"

Then I came here to say how its awesome. Multiplayer is fun as well, seems like theres a lot of opportunity for clan gaming.
Yes. Yesssssss.

Mercenaries 2 - 8/10

Why did they take out the destructible targets of interest like statues (now replaced with buildings) and the Deck of 52?

Too Human - 4/10

How the ****ing **** do you take 11 years of development time and a story about cybernetics mixed with Norse mythology and **** it up so badly? I don't care how could Eternal Darkness was, Silicon Knights needs to **** off and die. This game is the most unbalanced piece of shit I haveever played. Not only do armor and weapons have no effect on stats, but each time you die you're forced to watch a Valkyrie fly down ever so slowly and take you up to Valhalla for all of 25 seconds before you can respawn. And do you know how much you'll die? How does dying 15 times within 30 minutes sound to you? **** off and die SK.

Willie, did you watch the Zero Punctuation review of Too Human?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back