Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the only good westerns with Clint Eastwood?

Open Range, The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, The Proposition are good westerns that have come out the last few years. Looking forward to The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Seraphim Falls and the remake 3:10 to Yuma (reviews have been nothing but positive so far.

Ocean's Thirteen - 6.5/10 (minor story spoilers ahead). Enjoyed the first one, Twelve was bollocks. Thirteen was in between; I was expecting something similar to the first one from the reviews. The story was shit and badly written (come on, a computer that thinks for itself?), script was okay, Soderbergh's directing was good (although I think he has a lot more potential then he shown so far). Also, whoever came Ocean's Twelve a 10/10 needs to be shot.

Blades of Glory - 7/10. Ferrell makes me laugh, I don't why, but he does. His improvisation is just ridicolously funny. Extra pokemon points for casting Will Arnett from Arrested Development.

Trying to get hold of Sopranos Season 1 or West Wing Season 1 - which would you guys recommend?

I thought Ocean's Thirteen was pretty good :O

Are the only good westerns with Clint Eastwood? I have watched tons (not one Clint Eastwood western), and they all suck, I watch "Fisful of Dollars", and god damn, that's what you call tough. His toughness puts Arnold Swartzenegger to shame. Shit,

9/10.

Yeah you obviously haven't been watching tons.

Let's see we got:
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Pat Garret and Billy the Kid
The Wild Bunch
The Searchers
Once Upon a Time in the West
Duck, You Sucker (Fistful of Dynamite)
The Man from Laramie
Winchester '73
Major Dundee
Ride the High Country
The Shootist
The Shootist
Rio Bravo
Mrs. Miller and McGabe
High Noon
Shane
The Shooting
The Proposition
McCabe and Mrs. Miller
High Plains Drifter
Pale Rider
Outlaw Josey Wales
Dead Man
Unforgiven
3:10 to Yuma (original)
The Professionals
Django
The Magnificent Seven
El Topo

Here read the westerns off this link http://www.avclub.com/content/feature/dark_side_of_the_west_17_truly

Pulp Fiction - 9/10
I'm a mushroom cloud layin' mother****er, mother****er! :D

Transformers 7/10

I finally saw it. It was alright I suppose.

Giant robots that can ****ing transform n'shit can carry a bad film a long way, almost made up for the fights being impossible to comprehend. Almost.

I thought Megan Fox was the hawtest actress I've seen in ages, until the idle thought "Hey, she's the spitting image of my cousin Britty" crossed my mind.

I am now very confused.

I have a Pulp Fiction poster on my wall.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides...

I thought Megan Fox was the hawtest actress I've seen in ages, until the idle thought "Hey, she's the spitting image of my cousin Britty" crossed my mind.

I am now very confused.
Oh God. I lol'd.

Rush Hour 3 - 8/10

Funny as Hell.

Schindler's List-10/10. One of the most moving films I've ever seen.

World Trade Center - 8.6/10

Not something I expected from Stone. A pleasant surprise.

Posting pictures of my jailbait, 17-year-old cousin on the internet doesn't seem the moral thing to do.

On a more disturbing note, on our family PC, in the My Pictures folder, the latest uploaded photos are from our family get-together last Easter, and there are a good half-dozen pictures of me and her playing that game where two people stand on other people's shoulders and wrestle in the pool.

So no, sorry Absinthe, Willie, and anyone else who comes along. This is just wierding me out too much.

the lives of others 9/10

11 academy award nominations

2006- best foreign film award

Die Hard 4 - 8/10

It was actually good, better than I expected. If you ignore the F-35 scene (ridiculous) and the down right cliche premise(world domination by haxors:upstare:) of the movie it's a good action movie.

the lives of others 9/10

11 academy award nominations

2006- best foreign film award

Where did you get 11 Academy Award nominations from? I'm looking at the imdb page for it and it says it was only nominated for Best Foreign Film, which it (deservedly) won.

But yes, it is an amazing film.

Where did you get 11 Academy Award nominations from? I'm looking at the imdb page for it and it says it was only nominated for Best Foreign Film, which it (deservedly) won.

But yes, it is an amazing film.
Wikipedia said:
For it, Donnersmarck won the 2006 Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film. The film had earlier won seven Deutscher Filmpreis awards including best film, best director, best screenplay, best actor and best supporting actor, after having set a new record with 11 nominations. It was also nominated for Best Foreign Language Film at the 64th Golden Globe Awards.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_lives_of_others

This Is England - 9/10

Very good film. Was very impressed at how well it reflected the early 80's as seen in real life films, documentrys and books/pictures, aswell as the characters and the roles they played. I was almost in tears when young Shaun got up in front of Combo and started standing up for his father in the Faulklands. Very moving stuff, much kudos to the actor that played the kid Shaun. Brilliant performance, from him and everyone else.

Damn you 300. I'll never be able to read a sentence beginning with "this is" properly again.

Posting pictures of my jailbait, 17-year-old cousin on the internet doesn't seem the moral thing to do.

On a more disturbing note, on our family PC, in the My Pictures folder, the latest uploaded photos are from our family get-together last Easter, and there are a good half-dozen pictures of me and her playing that game where two people stand on other people's shoulders and wrestle in the pool.

So no, sorry Absinthe, Willie, and anyone else who comes along. This is just wierding me out too much.
DO IT FRAGRAT.

Joe Dirt - 6/10

Meh

Superbad 10/10, simply the best teen comedy I've seen in years. In the movie genre overall I don't think any teen comedy can be past an 7/10 and most comedy itself a 9/10, with rare exception. A really universal 10/10 movie has to be a drama. So by my math Superbad as teen comedy is 10, as comedy is 9/10, as movies as a whole 6.66/10.

Starsky & Hutch - SHIT/10

was on tv so i watched it as i never saw it before but i guess i missed something as i didnt find it funny at all, i was watching some scenes and when they ended i was thinking "was i supposed to laugh at that?"

Superbad 10/10, simply the best teen comedy I've seen in years. In the movie genre overall I don't think any teen comedy can be past an 7/10 and most comedy itself a 9/10, with rare exception. A really universal 10/10 movie has to be a drama. So by my math Superbad as teen comedy is 10, as comedy is 9/10, as movies as a whole 6.66/10.

What the hell are you talking about? :)

Starsky & Hutch - SHIT/10

was on tv so i watched it as i never saw it before but i guess i missed something as i didnt find it funny at all, i was watching some scenes and when they ended i was thinking "was i supposed to laugh at that?"

Aw, that's one of the better tv show movies out there.
It's fun to watch, found a few parts funny... not really laugh out loud but chuckle-worthy.

lambda symbols on the teats wut

Aw, that's one of the better tv show movies out there.
It's fun to watch, found a few parts funny... not really laugh out loud but chuckle-worthy.

i honestly didnt watch it all tbh, just said meh after awhile and went out. I laughed at like the luxembourg comparison but not much else.

Lool, see this is what happens when you entering a topic with two people speaking to you and music in the background.

Blades of Glory - 6/10

Although I've given it an average score, it's a good laugh with a few beers and some mates. The "Blades of Glory" song should never have been cut, but thems the breaks.

Jenna Fischer... damn. :naughty:

Nevermind, Shift has edited his post, he posted in the wrong forum.

Bridge to Terabithia - 7/10. Goofy at times, but a very well made children's fantasy movie. The two leading role child actors did a brillaint job. If I was 12 again, I would give it a 8.5/10.

Spider Man 3 - 8/10. I enjoyed this movie more than the previous two mainly because it had Venom. (Venom and carnage are my favorite comic book characters)

Shoot Em' Up - 8.5/10 Man was this a funny crazy mind blowing action movie!

3:10 to Yuma 9/10

An amazing addition to the western genre and even better than the original. Not as gritty as a spaghetti or revisionist, but not soft or for the faint of heart.

Shoot Em Up - F*ck yeah, motherf*cker/10

Every scene is bigger than the last. That's no easy feat considering what happens in some scenes. This film truly delivers as a balls-out parody of action. Besides, Clive Owen is a consummate badass and Paul Giammatti is a fun adversary. Plot is almost non-existent, which leaves plenty of room for action.

I recommend you strap in, buckle up, and enjoy the ride.

3:10 to Yuma 8/10 - Great western, great acting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back