Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Potter and The Order of the Pheonix - 5/10

Entertaining as it needs to be, which is no surprise really. How do you make a good film from a rather uninspiring book? Well, they somehow done it to a competant degree. Nothing great, but nothing horrendously bad.

Oh, and a bonus point for Gary Oldman. I like Gary Oldman.

EDIT:

Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Mans Chest - 4/10

Yeah, more of the same rubbish. Having already seen Curse of the Black Pearl and At Worlds End before it, it was no shock to be pretty bored through most of it. Marks for Johnny Depp being funny for 15 minutes ot of 3 hours and at LEAST the story and setting being nice and continuous.

No bonus points. Not even for Bill Nighy as a squid.

The Lookout- 8/10

Good movie, well done, but it seems a bit independent, and the concept is a little unusual. I reccomend it, but beware, it's not the best movie, but good none the less ^^.

The Lookout- 8/10

Good movie, well done, but it seems a bit independent, and the concept is a little unusual. I reccomend it, but beware, it's not the best movie, but good none the less ^^.
I'm getting that on DVD. I heard Jeff Daniels is good in it.

The Relic - EPIC/10

I started watching that on TV, but as soon as the giant red arm grabbed the guy on the toilet I thought "bugger me, I thought this was going to be serious" and switched over to Heroes on BBC2 :p

Superbad - Rating is in the movie title/10

:| I thought it was just completely retarded and an insult to my intelligence.

jk, It was pretty damn funny.
8/10.

Zodiac - 6/10...
First hour and a half was excellent, after that it just started getting way too drawn out and boring.

Breach - 8/10... intense.

Hot Fuzz - 0/10...
Um, maybe the movie was just way too British for me to get any of the jokes, but this just wasn't funny... or it seemed like they were trying way too hard to make it funny.
Mind you, I loved Shaun of the Dead and got a lot of laughs out of it... but this just fell flat on its face for me.

Independence Day - LOL/10

Best comedy-that-isn't-trying-to-be-a-comedy, ever! It was really bad but combined with an INCREDIBLE corny approach which is why I found it hilarious.

Just before going and participating in the largest airwar in history, thats right, 50 jets airborne at the same time, definately largest in history.

The Chief of Staff: 'Mr. President, what are you doing!'
The President: 'Im a pilot, I BELONG IN THE AIR!!!11'

Oh man I laughed for 10 minutes after that line.

Brazil is on BBC2 tonight at 11:20. Such a ****ing good film. Watch it if you haven't already seen it.

Ghost Dog: Way Of The Samurai - 8/10

Very peculiar film, but I guess that's what made it enjoyable. All its strange contrasts and oddness made it captivating. Jarmusch isn't too good at the action parts, but everything else is good. Some of the slower bits may turn people off, but I found them almost zen-like.

Independence Day - LOL/10

Best comedy-that-isn't-trying-to-be-a-comedy, ever! It was really bad but combined with an INCREDIBLE corny approach which is why I found it hilarious.

Just before going and participating in the largest airwar in history, thats right, 50 jets airborne at the same time, definately largest in history.

The Chief of Staff: 'Mr. President, what are you doing!'
The President: 'Im a pilot, I BELONG IN THE AIR!!!11'

Oh man I laughed for 10 minutes after that line.
WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT.

Vancancy: 3/10.
Rotten; no substance, horrible actors, despicable plot.

Ghost Dog: Way Of The Samurai - 8/10

Very peculiar film, but I guess that's what made it enjoyable. All its strange contrasts and oddness made it captivating. Jarmusch isn't too good at the action parts, but everything else is good. Some of the slower bits may turn people off, but I found them almost zen-like.

I agree. It's one of those films where even if not much is going on it's still captivating.

Year of the Dog- 1(if it's lucky)/10

Crap. . . just. . . crap. . . I got stuck watching it while doing laundry. . . that movie. . . just *Shudders*

Not reccommended X(

I'm watching American Beauty with a friend tonight, but I already know the rating I'm going to give it.

Absolutely Amazing/10.

I hope you mean Independence Day and not the classic hooligan movie. I can watch ID all day :)

Taken into account that I said ID after someone had just posted about Independence Day, I'd say that's a fair guess. ;)

Yeh, it was more a shameless ID plug than anything. Did I mention that ID is awesome?

I'm watching American Beauty with a friend tonight, but I already know the rating I'm going to give it.

...And I was right. This movie is absolutely perfect. The characters are realistic and relatable; the plot and flow is well thought out as no scene seems to drag on; the acting is superb. The story is the ultimate suburban hero tale, played perfectly by the cast. Everything about this movie is fantastic and is what other movies should aim to be. There are no flaws, no parts that don't keep your absolute attention due to its charm and feel. This is the movie to watch, to own, to cherish. It is my favorite movie of all time.

I love that film.

:D

Planet of the Apes (Original): 9/10

Fantastic film. Anyone know if the TV series or whatever it was that followed is any good?

Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!

Knocked Up - 9/10

Very funny, whether you're with your mates or your girlfriend, everyone will love this.

this isn't the last one I saw, but;

Animatrix; 9/10
now, if you want to get specific, Second Renaissance (I&II); Totally-Awesome-*Drools*/10

Planet of the Apes (Original): 9/10

Fantastic film. Anyone know if the TV series or whatever it was that followed is any good?
Very good, indeed. Best ending EVER.
TV series was bad (but second - Beneath the Planet of the Apes was quite good) if I remember correctly...

this isn't the last one I saw, but;

Animatrix; 9/10
now, if you want to get specific, Second Renaissance (I&II); Totally-Awesome-*Drools*/10
Second Renaissance 10/10 - Definitely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back