Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twilight Samurai - 7.5/10
Very slow-moving, but worthy samurai film. Focusses more on the values of love and honor in day-to-day feudal Japan than moral dilemmas in battle like many others do. The main characters are all very likeable aswell (doesn't hurt that the love interest is pretty damn cute, either).

Would have scored higher but it wasn't quite my cup of tea. It's great if you don't mind that the plot and pacing are more restrained than others in the genre, and that there isn't really much fighting to speak of.

Rush Hour 3 - 9/10

Tucker is pure genious. Dont watch it for the plot though...

Ratatouille - 9/10

Funny, and for once we have an animated film that is aimed at adults (come on, what kid is going to watch this and understand cooking?)

Surf's Up - 100/10

One of the most original, funniest animated films ive ever seen.

Bourne Ultimatum - 8/10

Twas alright, awesome fights etc as always. But also as always in a trilogy, felt like 1 film too far.

Transformers - 8/10

-2 for any logical inconsistencies, dumbdownness and cliches present in such productions, aimed at a wide audience.

Other than that it was awesome to watch on the big screen.

Sunshine - 3/10

Most disappointing movie recently. There's 0 humour, just a bunch of planks walking around a spaceship with a slash n' hack ending. The writer needs to watch the first 10 minutes of Alien to see how to develop a crew. They also get boners over looking at the sun for some stupid reason. We get it, it's a big ****ing ball of flames.

Zero humour makes sense - it's not meant to be a comedy. :LOL: Far from it.

Zodiac - 8/10

The latest David Fincher movie. It's easy to clock who the supposed zodiac killer is early on, but it shows how many hoops the police have to go through just to catch someone.

28 Days Later; 9/10 (there are some slow parts, that just don't have a lot, but it helps explain the story a bit)

Before that?
Predator; 8/10 (the beginning's really good, but same as 28 Days Later, long pauses)

The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremecy
The Bourne Ultimatum

moarplz/10

Surf's Up - 100/10

One of the most original, funniest animated films ive ever seen.

really? I figured it would be another lame, uninspired penguin movie.

and agreed on Ratatouille, pixar's best yet

Happy Feet- 1/10 (Too much music, not my style, my personal opinion I guess Oo)

This is what happens when there are kids around, and you have no other choice =|

Zodiac - 8/10

The latest David Fincher movie. It's easy to clock who the supposed zodiac killer is early on, but it shows how many hoops the police have to go through just to catch someone.

i really enjoyed that film, is out on DVD yet?

Superbad - 9/10

There are just some absolutely hilarious lines in this film. Literally just single lines, but i lost count of the amount of times i paused the film to finish laughing. Mindless in every way, but so very, very, VERY funny. Kinda like American Pie meets Accepted.

Dude Wheres My Car - 7/10

Meh, kinda funny some times.

I thought Ocean's 12 was a bit (read: a lot) boring...... 4~6/10

Stardust - (not enough things blowing up..... but still good. 8/10)

If you're looking for extras, there isn't any. Fincher will be releasing a DVD with extras later. I'll be picking that one up.

the normal dvd doesnt seem to be out here as of yet, amazon says 24th of september...

@ Kamikazie - Yes!

@ evil^milk - That movie was shit, milk. God damn subtitles.. I thought it was going to be something like Narnia (although that movie also sucked alot), where she'd go into another world, but nooo... It has to be at the end of the movie.. Garbage-o.

As for the thread:

Snakes on a Plane - 4/10

It was passable as an action movie (although DAMN unrealistic :) ), it was alright, but I don't get what all the hype was about. It wasn't THAT great...

@ Kamikazie - Yes!

@ evil^milk - That movie was shit, milk. God damn subtitles.. I thought it was going to be something like Narnia (although that movie also sucked alot), where she'd go into another world, but nooo... It has to be at the end of the movie.. Garbage-o.

Are you saying its shit because of the subtitles? Because if you are, then you suck.

Personally I liked it, but I was dissapointed for the fact that it was basically a war movie with a fairy tale attached, rather than the other way around.

Yeah, me too. I wanted more fantastic creatures and outlandish settings.

That's what I was thinking when I started it - I thought the subtitles would only be for a few minutes, and when they got to the other world they'd speak english..

BTW - I watch a movie so I don't have to read, it's what they are for..

War 4/10 - What kind of stupid shit was this.
Bourne Ultimatum - 8/10 Very good finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back