Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planet of the Apes (Original): 9/10

Fantastic film. Anyone know if the TV series or whatever it was that followed is any good?

My god. I loved that film. But... I can't find it anywhere..... anymore. :(

*gasp* He can talk! He can talk! He can talk!

I can SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING~~

I hate every ape I see
From chimpan-a to chimpan-zee
No you'll never make a monkey out of me
Oh my God, I was wrong
It was Earth all along
You've finally made a monkey
Apes: Yes we've finally made a monkey
Troy: Yes you've finally made a monkey out of me
Apes: Yes we've finally made a monkey out of you

Halloween(Remake) - 0/10

By far the WORST movie I have ever seen in a movie theater EVER!
Rob Zombie is a mediocre musician and an even worse film director.

Seriously, all you hear in the movie is F*CK YOU, F*CK THAT, MOTHERF*CKER, etc.
The gore is way too over-top and not even stylized like in the original.
God, the movie felt like another The Devil's Rejects... but worse... far worse.

Seriously, if anybody wants know how to screw up a classic horror film, this is a prime example.

Wait, I remember the min series. . . That was AWESOME =D.

I don't remember much, but I definitely remember loving it, if there's any aspct of the 'Planet Of The Apes' Franchise that sucked, it was te remake. That one was just, bleh. The Original ones are definitely better =|.

*gasp* He can talk! He can talk! He can talk!

I can SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING~~

GirlApe: oooo! Help me Dr. Sayus!
*techno music cue*
Apes: Dr Sayus Dr Sayus!
Apes: oooooohhhhhh... DR SAYUS!
*Apes start break dancing*
Ape1: *low voice* Dr Sayus Dr sayus!
Troy: What's wrong with me!
Dr Sayus: I think your crazy..
Troy: I want a second opinion!
Dr Sayus: Your all so lazy..
*starts fading out*
Apes: Dr Sayus Dr Sayus..

I hate every ape I see
From chimpan-a to chimpan-zee
No you'll never make a monkey out of me
Oh my God, I was wrong
It was Earth all along
You've finally made a monkey
Apes: Yes we've finally made a monkey
Troy: Yes you've finally made a monkey out of me
Apes: Yes we've finally made a monkey out of you

sry..

this isn't the last one I saw, but;

Animatrix; 9/10
now, if you want to get specific, Second Renaissance (I&II); Totally-Awesome-*Drools*/10

I wanted that battle sequence at the end to last forever. :(
Matriculated is good too.
Buffalo Soldiers 7-10
lololololol @ tank rampage

Sunshine
9/10

An absolutely stellar science fiction film. The only drawback was that I personally didn't like the overt violence element to the ending; all of the psychological terror was unbelievably well done though.

GirlApe: oooo! Help me Dr. Sayus!
*techno music cue*
Apes: oooooohhhhhh... DR SAYUS!
*Apes start break dancing*
Ape1: *low voice* Dr Sayus Dr sayus!
Troy: What's wrong with me!
Dr Sayus: I think your crazy..
Troy: I want a second opinion!
Dr Sayus: Your all so lazy..
*starts fading out*

Troy: Can I play the piano anymore?
Dr Sayus: Of course you can!
Troy: But i couldn't before!
*Troy plays piano solo

Death Sentence - 8.6/10 What a great movie
Halloween(Remake) - 5.6/10 For a remake great for a movie ugh.

Sunshine
9/10

An absolutely stellar science fiction film. The only drawback was that I personally didn't like the overt violence element to the ending; all of the psychological terror was unbelievably well done though.

just bought the DVD, win!

Balls of Fury - 0/10...
Got 2 free tickets from my friend that works at the local theater, jesus... this is the worst comedy I've seen since... ever.

It's like throughout the whole movie they were trying to find something to make you laugh, if you were 10 years old.

Why would Christopher Walken stoop so low to star in such a shitfest?

I wanted that battle sequence at the end to last forever. :(
Matriculated is good too.

True enough, obviously it's not my most favourite, but it was good.
Agreed about the battle sequence, ended way too fast, and the episode just went in decline afterwards. Not that is was bad, lots of the explainations made sense, but it wasn't gradual enough =|.

So, do animes count? If so;
Ergo Proxy- 10/10
(Really well done, and realistic in spite of the plot)

Elfen Lied- 9/10
(Once again, really well done, and a real sense of realism in some scenes, but some pauses were a little strenious, and the plot got a little out of hand with all the twists)

O M G !
That show kicked ass, I totally forgot to mention it D=
Loved that show, possibly the best WWII film/TV presentation ever done. . . in my opinion

Band Of Brothers is awesome.

I watched the first episode againt a few weeks back with Simon Pegg and his funny yank accent :)

Hahaha yeah, seeing Pegg with an American accent raised a smile from me. It took me AGGGESS to find out when Pegg appeared in Band of Brothers. I saw his name on IMDB, aswell as the name of the character he played, but now when he appeared. I couldn't find any sites telling me the exact location so I just got my boxset, sat down and planned to watch them all. Turns out he appears in the first 30 minutes of episode 1, but I still decided to watch all the episodes because it's awesome. :E

Hahaha yeah, seeing Pegg with an American accent raised a smile from me. It took me AGGGESS to find out when Pegg appeared in Band of Brothers. I saw his name on IMDB, aswell as the name of the character he played, but now when he appeared. I couldn't find any sites telling me the exact location so I just got my boxset, sat down and planned to watch them all. Turns out he appears in the first 30 minutes of episode 1, but I still decided to watch all the episodes because it's awesome. :E

F*ck, I was watching the wrong episode trying to find him! :p (The one with Tom Hanks' son)

I haven't watched it recently, but Band of Brothers would be - 10/10.

On a related note, they are in currently producing a 2nd BoB set in the Pacific Theater of War :O

F*ck, I was watching the wrong episode trying to find him! :p (The one with Tom Hanks' son)

I haven't watched it recently, but Band of Brothers would be - 10/10.

On a related note, they are in currently producing a 2nd BoB set in the Pacific Theater of War :O

Called "The Pacific". They're currently shooting in Queensland and in the docklands studios in Melbourne. Apparently, the production team has recruited every armorer in Victoria to work on it :O.

Wonder if they'll mind if some of us raid the studio? Just take the 109 tram to the city and walk for a bit.

Blood Diamond - 7.5/10
Probably enjoyed it more cause I was with the girlfriend - the over use of bru was annoying, but the action scenes were well done IMO

I've been keeping an eye out for news/media on The Pacific for some time now - I can't wait for it! It's guranteed to be awesome anyway, but even more so that we're going to be seeing all the stuff that made BoB brilliant, except in a setting that is somewhat ignored compared to all the WWII Normandy/France stuff we see.

A new Band of Brothers?! New news to me. Shit, I cant wait then lol.

Band of Brothers was definately a 10/10 for me, great action, but the on screen chemistry between the soldiers and the acting in general was just superb, it really did feel like I was watching those very soldiers suffering the arty in the foxholes in 1944-45.

I loved the artillery scenes, and the foxholes =D.
Got the greatest sense of realim from me, that show was awesome, and the fact that they're moving to the Pacific? Extremely good news, I can't wait to get my hands on it =D

Down in the Valley - 5.8/10

A complete mess of unlikely events. It felt rushed and uninspired. Though Norton gives everything to the role, it doesn't help much with lack of developed characters. To my dismay, not even Wood could save this movie.

Another, not so recent one

Lord of War; D A M (Damn Awesome Movie)/10

Are the only good westerns with Clint Eastwood? I have watched tons (not one Clint Eastwood western), and they all suck, I watch "Fisful of Dollars", and god damn, that's what you call tough. His toughness puts Arnold Swartzenegger to shame. Shit,

9/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back