Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3:10 to Yuma 9/10

An amazing addition to the western genre and even better than the original. Not as gritty as a spaghetti or revisionist, but not soft or for the faint of heart.

I give it a 7/10 because I really didn't like the direction they took with crowe's character. It made no sense to have do what he did at the hotel all the way to the train.

Spoilers just in case:

I think Crowe's and Bale's character were one in the same, representing the light and dark sides of each other. In between the hotel and train, they realize they're not so different. Dan redeems himself in his eyes and the eyes of his family. Wade realizes he's not a monster like Charlie. But the ending ends pretty cynically if you think about it. Yeah, Wade decides to get on the train, but then whistles for his horse as its going on by. Obviously, he's going to break out again. But perhaps things will be different the 3rd time around. You can only hope.

Sunshine 8/10 - really enjoyed it. Bits reminded me of Solaris and Event Horizon, which can't be bad.

Blades of Glory 7/10 - Will Farrell is a funny dude :)

We Were Soldiers - 7/10

Incredibly Americanised, but decent none the less.

It's Mel Gibson, what do you expect?

Aqua Teen Hunger Force - 11/10
The show, not the movie

Serenity- 7/10. They left this movie very open. It felt more like watching a 2 hour tv show than an actual movie.

Starsky & Hutch - SHIT/10

was on tv so i watched it as i never saw it before but i guess i missed something as i didnt find it funny at all, i was watching some scenes and when they ended i was thinking "was i supposed to laugh at that?"

WTF? That movie was great laughs. :D

300 - 5/10

The effects were nice and all, but the movie sucked balls. The ending made absolutely no sense. :|

Hamburger Hill - 7/10

Not quite Platoon or Full Metal Jacket, but certainly in keeping with the greats. Not quite as focused on the more finer details as the above, instead with more emphasis put into the firefights and battles. Kind of how you'd look at Black Hawk Down, or We Were Soldiers, but still with alot of major concerns such as the politics back 'home' and the racial tension ever growing within US Army at the time.

Good film.

Fight Club: 6/10
I want to know what the big deal about this movie is.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 9/10

Jim Carrey did an amazing job in this movie. First time ever watching it, and I want to watch it again and again.

I recommend to everyone.

We Were Soldiers - 7/10

Incredibly Americanised, but decent none the less.
I think that was the biggest piece of crap since The Green Berets---those two have to be the only pro-vietnam war movies ever made. Even from a film-making perspective it was bad.

On a different note, I thought 3:10 to Yuma was pretty good; I'd give it an 8/10.

I think that was the biggest piece of crap since The Green Berets---those two have to be the only pro-vietnam war movies ever made.

Pro-Vietnam? I dont think so, if anything it portrays the horrors of the battle and crap the men had to face. So your telling me, someone will watch an American aircraft mid-judge the dropping of a napalm bomb only for it land on Americans, see them burn to death. The war photographer runs over to see the dude he just met completely charcoled down one side, attempts to pick him up only for the skin and muscle at his ankles to melt down to the bone.

You are telling me that the person watching will be thinking, 'Wow, this battle was awsome, I wish I there'.

It's a glossy film, natch, and underneath it all theres not much to it, but I'd never call it a pro-Vietnam movie. It definitely captures the brutal details of the fighting. That, and alot of others of course, made me think about alot of things to do with joining the army, as a few years ago I was all but of age to get off to the infantry.

QFT.

Tears Of The Sun: 8/10

Bruce Willis in a movie where he actually looks Tac!

Epic stuff

Blade Runner: Remastered Director's Cut 10/10

Dispite this film being out for 25 years I'd never seen it until last night. Great film. The ending was very sad. :(

Dispite this film being out for 25 years I'd never seen it until last night. Great film. The ending was very sad. :(

Wake up...

Time to die!

Bourne Ultimatum - 7/10

Too many shitty close up shakey-cam bullshit fight scenes. The fight with the assassin guy would have been amazing had they actually let us see what the hell was going on. The first one didn't suffer from this as much.

I enjoyed it in Ultimatum. I mean, it's nothing compared to the shake-shake-shake jelly camera in Supremacy.

...What.

Shoot 'Em Up - 8.2/10...

Holy shit, this movie grabs you by the balls and never lets go.
Most action packed movie that I've seen since the Die Hard series.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 9/10

Jim Carrey did an amazing job in this movie. First time ever watching it, and I want to watch it again and again.

I recommend to everyone.
Seconded.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

The big deal is OH WAIT YOU CANT SEE THIS BECAUSE I JUST SNAPPED YOUR NECK

Amen. Do not question Fight Club.

I enjoyed it in Ultimatum. I mean, it's nothing compared to the shake-shake-shake jelly camera in Supremacy.

Shaky-cam didn't bother me in Supremacy, but in Ultimatum it was annoying and overused. Then again, I watched the former on a 17 inch monitor and the latter in the cinema, so I assume that is why we differ here.

Both good movies, though.

this is england - 10/10 one of the few films that make you realise what a powerful medium film is. ****ing beautiful.

Cidade de Deus (City of God) - 9/10

Anyone who's seen it already knows what I'd say here.

Cidade de Deus (City of God) - 9/10

Anyone who's seen it already knows what I'd say here.

I know that this movie is one of the greatest and most powerful in existance. Right up there with The Land Before Time VII.

If you're hating on The Land Before Time, I don't appreciate. The first three movies basically WERE my childhood.

28 Weeks later 6/10. Started well, then rapidly went down hill into a pile of poo. It's annoying because the the first 1/4 - before the story took a turn for the silly and everything scary about 28 Days later was dumped - was good. Wasted opportunity.

Rush Hour III - 6/10

Had some good gags, other than that nothing special.

Dog Soldiers - 8/10. Great film, let down by the lack of budget somewhat.

"I hope I give you the sh*ts, you wimp!"

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back