Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weeds is the show you love to hate. I think for every scene the writers say to themselves "let's write the most ridiculous/funny possible outcome that is still semi-plausible". I love it

Like in S3E1, where those two rival gangs are waiting, at the drug house, for Nancy to bring back the dope and that family enters without knocking because its the house their Mother grew up in.

I laughed pretty hard during that scene.

LOL yeah. "We're bowling, right now."

I know what you mean about loving to hate it, it's such a ridiculous show.

The Bourne Ultimatum

9/10

A worthy conclusion to an epic series

Superbad 8/10

Funniest film i've seen all year. Sure its cliched in parts, but McLovin and the cops more then make up for that.

"I got a boner!"

Res Evil Extinction - 8/10
Great action
****ing cliff hanger though. :|

Death Note: The Movie - 6/10
Doesn't hold a candle to the series. Some hilariously bad acting, especially from the english actors.

Eastern Promises 8.5/10

Not as entertaining as History of Violence, but an otherwise good movie.

Res Evil Extinction - 8/10
Great action
****ing cliff hanger though. :|

Are you ****ing serious? It has another god damn cliff hanger ending?

Jesus Christ, end this shitty movie series already.

The Fifth Element - 8/10...

Awesome, epic shoot outs and a sweet flying car chase.

I've been meaning to watch the Fifth Element for a while.

What, you've never seen it before?

28 Weeks Later - finally saw it. Very much liked it.
Paris is ****ed.

Run Fatboy Run - 8/10

I was quite impressed, actually. I was skeptical about it being directed by Schwimmer (sp?) but it turned out pretty damn good actually. You could tell he loved Edgar Wright quite a bit and I'm sure Pegg had loads of influence on the final film, but all in all who's to complain if it does come out like something you'd expect from Wright and co? Very funny, and Dylan Moran is just made of win anyway so wooo.

Awesome. I was keeping an eye on that film solely based on Pegg and Moran's involvement :D

Fifth Element is delicious.

That being said: Austin Powers: Goldmember: 8/10
Still funny...

Goldmember reached a new low in cheap jokes...hardly 5 minutes went by between fart or genitalia jokes...

Last movie I saw? Steven King's The Langoliers

God what crap. Characters had no dimension, plot was slow moving, the anti-heros were giant floating turds with 3 jaws...

Are you ****ing serious? It has another god damn cliff hanger ending?

Jesus Christ, end this shitty movie series already.

The Fifth Element - 8/10...

Awesome, epic shoot outs and a sweet flying car chase.
Yes! Not to get into any detail, but you could foresee the cliff hanger coming, and I was hoping the whole time I was wrong, but alas I wasn't!

It still ****ing hung there like my balls on a windy day.
****ing cliff hangers. I hate them. :|

First RE movie was pretty decent, second was kind of silly, third looks meh.

Oz, Season One, Episodes 1-2
7/10

Oz is ****ing brilliant. I love that show so much. Every episode is just... wow. The characters, and the relationship with each and every cellmate, gang or staff member is so wonderfully done. The acting is just mindblowing. You'll love it.

Unfortunatly, I'm but two episodes away from seeing the end and then they were taken down from the internet (streaming). Guess I'll have to properly aquire them.

I just finished Rome, and before that I was watching episodes of Band of Brothers. HBO are gods.

I'm a bit of the way through Band of Brothers as well, my roommate and I eat TV shows alive.

If there was a TV show I could just... forget, it'd be Band of Brothers. Then I could watch them all over again and enjoy every second without knowing what happens next. Although I do that already, so what the hell.

I should go sleep, but damn, I want to watch Carentan again. Or Replacements. Or The Breaking Point. Arghhh.

Oz, Season One, Episodes 3-8

Yep, watched the entire 8 hour season in 24 hours. My roommate and I are totally hooked; Season Two is up tomorrow. My only complaint is that they kill off characters faster than a zombie movie in fast forward.

Deep Impact - 5/10

Americans never learn do they, fill the ship with mainly Americans but oh! 1 RUSSIAN! Yes shows the multinational theme of saving the world! MY GOD i hate Americanisation.

Oz is ****ing brilliant. I love that show so much. Every episode is just... wow. The characters, and the relationship with each and every cellmate, gang or staff member is so wonderfully done. The acting is just mindblowing. You'll love it.

Unfortunatly, I'm but two episodes away from seeing the end and then they were taken down from the internet (streaming). Guess I'll have to properly aquire them.

I just finished Rome, and before that I was watching episodes of Band of Brothers. HBO are gods.

I really have to disagree with you about OZ. Is it entertaining...sure. Is it ****ing Brilliant? God no. The show is staggeringly unrealistic, which would be fine if it didn't take itself so seriously. You don't buy for a second that these relationships, characters and environments could actually exist, if so, it would be the most inefficient and worst run prison system on the planet.

The most impressive aspect of the show, is the casting. But even the Canon of great actors the show acquired( Most of which have gone on to do much better work on shows like LOST, The Wire, The Soprano's, Rescue Me, Hell...even Dexter) can't deliver that crappy dialogue convincingly. The writing is sub par at best.

With that said, once you accept all this, it is a mind numbingly entertaining show (that never comes close to reaching the heights of HBO's other flagship programing). I liked it enough to watch the entire series

6.5/10

. You don't buy for a second that these relationships, characters...

Actually, I thought this aspect was the most basic part of the show and most believeable. The Aryans, 'Brotha's', Muslims, Christians and such all sticking together in they're individual group. And as far as I know, they all acted accordingly to the 'stereotype' (if you will, but you know what I mean; Aryans being Nazis, the Brotha's doing the drug trades, etc). Regardless, I enjoyed loads.

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
-15 / 10

5 points by default.
-3 for shitness of story
-2 for crap dialogue
-4 for how awful Doom is
-6 for "To me, my board" not being in the film
-5 for lack of Galactus

Speed - 9/10...

Awesome, Dennis Hopper is a crazy mofo.

Shooter - 8.5/10...

****ing awesome.
Mark Wahlberg is the ****ing shit. :D

Superbad: 8/10

I don't even like "teen movies", but Jesus Christ, did I laugh my arse off.

Resident Evil: Extinction - 7.8/10

Definitely worth seeing if you're a RE fan or zombie flick person

I did.

;(

You can still be a man if you cry at the end of a cartoon movie. I think...

Disturbia - 7/10

Not a great movie, and not exactly original, but it was pretty entertaining and somewhat better than I expected.

I Know Pronounce You Chuck and Larry - 7/10

Was really funny at bits but kinda uncomfortable too.

Death Proof - ???/10

Don't even know what to give this. I basically complained and whined for the majority of the film, which consists of nothing but the completely and utterly mindless ramblings of characters you know next to nothing about - and was basically bored to tears for the most part of the night. Yet somehow it brought a big ol' smile to face once it was over, it definitely picks up towards to end. I can't say I'd go out of my way to watch it again, but I'm glad I saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back