Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RENO 911 - 7/10 funny at times
Apocalypto - 7.5/10 Very good looking movie, but nothing out of this world.
Rescue Dawn - 8.5/10 Christian Bale is the MAN!

I watched a lot of stuff today.

The Prestige - 7/10
Having watched The Illusionist awhile back, I was already preparing my mind for the reveal of the trick this movie focuses on. While I guessed correctly on some parts, my thinking was too grounded to reality and I ended up being pleasantly surprised at the end. Not enough to warrant me watching the movie again, though.

Street Fighter 2 the Animated Movie - 6/10
I think Zero (Alpha) had a better story, but the animation in this is top-notch. Some of the most fluid animation you'll ever see, completely hand drawn, real fast and exciting. The story was also accurate to pre-Alpha SF, so that's a plus.

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby - 7/10
Dear tiny infant Jesus, wrapped in your swaddling clothes and sleeping in your manger, we thank you for this movie. It was funny, funnier than I'd thought it would be, but considering I thought it was going to be complete and utter redneck ass I think even a single good joke would've surprised me. This one was unexpectedly good.

Guyver 2: Dark Hero - 4/10
I am convinced this movie was made with a budget of $1,000. There's only two reasons you'd want to watch this movie: the fight scenes are pretty badass, probably the best sentai fight scenes you'll ever watch, and secondly is to MST3k it with your friends. Even as a fan of the Guyver, and even with the movie being surprisingly authentic to the storyline, it's a laughable effort.

Bratz - A sublime glory/10
Words cannot convey...but I tried...Visit the "This sh*t just got real" thread in this same subforum. The full review is on the last page...

D-war - 3/10

I gave a 3 only because I like the director. THERE IS NO STORY. CG looks like BF2 in medium settings, ect.

The Girl Next Door - 8/10

I thought this was going to be a shallow fap-fest but actually, I was intrigued when it started. It was great the way everything started to build-up and get steadily more crazy and the "Tripod" were hilarious at the Adult Film Convention

The Bourne Ultimatum - 8/10

Better than the second, less coherent than the first, great car chases, mildly annoying shaky cam, flashback effects remind me of getting shot in Insurgency

The Naked Gun Trilogy - 10/10

Awsome comedies, was in stitches constantly.

'I will have the pleasure of killing you'
'The pleasure will be all mine'
*a 'wtf' face*

lol.

The Naked Gun Trilogy - 10/10

Awsome comedies, was in stitches constantly.

'I will have the pleasure of killing you'
'The pleasure will be all mine'
*a 'wtf' face*

lol.

naked gun fTW

"And now I'm going to kill you until you die from it!"

Best line ever :D

I swear the whole movie is shaky cam

I was keeping track. The only times there's no shaky cam is when they have a wide-shot of a city (obviously because it's a camera via a helicopter), or when they're re-using footage from The Bourne Identity for the flashbacks.

I was actually laughing during the board room meeting that takes place during the beginning because of the shaky cam. It's literally people simply sitting around a table discussing what to do next, and the camera's shaking up and down, zooming in and out. There's no need for a shaky cam to be in EVERY scene.

Although that being said, you do get used to it as the movie goes on. The Bourne Ultimatum is probably the best thriller I've seen in a few years. It's smart, gripping, suspensful, and more importantly, I felt it did a good job of closing out the trilogy.

This is probably how I'd rate the three movies:
The Bourne Identity - 9.5/10
The Bourne Supremecy - 8.5/10
The Bourne Ultimatum - 9/10

I was keeping track. The only times there's no shaky cam is when they have a wide-shot of a city (obviously because it's a camera via a helicopter), or when they're re-using footage from The Bourne Identity for the flashbacks.

I was actually laughing during the board room meeting that takes place during the beginning because of the shaky cam. It's literally people simply sitting around a table discussing what to do next, and the camera's shaking up and down, zooming in and out. There's no need for a shaky cam to be in EVERY scene.

Although that being said, you do get used to it as the movie goes on. The Bourne Ultimatum is probably the best thriller I've seen in a few years. It's smart, gripping, suspensful, and more importantly, I felt it did a good job of closing out the trilogy.

This is probably how I'd rate the three movies:
The Bourne Identity - 9.5/10
The Bourne Supremecy - 8.5/10
The Bourne Ultimatum - 9/10
Actually, SHIT, that shaky cam was making me motion sick.

Simpsons 9/10

It was more "a lot of scenes that were kinda funny" than "hilarious" to me. But I had a good time.

I actually think the Bourne series is one of the few instances where the shaky cam technique is used effectively. Yea, the camera is always moving but i never felt like I was missing anything and most of what you see is in focus + in the middle of the frame. The only thing that kinda bothered me is the zoom in technique the director occasionally used, you know, the one where he zooms in like 1 foot for no reason outside him maybe thinking it looks cool.

Greengrass is one of the few directors who actually knows what he is doing when it comes to shaky cam imo.

The Bourne ultimatum 8.5/10, I liked the second a bit more but this was still pretty awesome.

The worst use of the shaky cam imo, is live free or die hard, wouldve ruined the film if bruce wasn't so bad ass. That director is a complete hack.

Well yeah, I agree, the movie is still very good, the shaky cam was used very effectively, but it still doesn't change the fact at how much people might get motion sick from it.

Master and Commander - 8/10

Very entertaining, very original. Nice to see a modern version of the historic navel battles during Napoleonic times.

The Bourne Ultimatum - 8/10
Superbad - 10/10
Hannibal Rising - 4/10
Das Boot - 9/10
Lawrence of Arabia - 9/10

The Simpsons 7/10

Spider Pig was the real highlight.

Harry Potter and the Gobley of Fire - 7/10

Suprisingly, I didn't find it half bad. Still a large amount of cheesyness to it, and the acting makes me lol sometimes.

Stranger Than Fiction - 7.5/10
Not bad except for the fact it didn't make any ****ing sense. Nice change of pace for Ferell atleast... plus Maggie Gyllenhaal is hot.

Stranger Than Fiction - 7.5/10
Not bad except for the fact it didn't make any ****ing sense. Nice change of pace for Ferell atleast... plus Maggie Gyllenhaal is hot.

Yeah, the premise is weird an unexplained, but everything else was so exceptional that its one of my favorite movies.

War of the Worlds - 10/10

One of the best sci-fi films ever made, greatest special effects work I have ever seen.

Das Boot - 9/10

Probably one of my favourite war movies. Pant-shittingly awesome.

Simpsons Movie - 7/10

Suprisingly good. I was a bit reluctant to see it after the last few years of pretty dire episodes, but it turned out to be a good laugh in the end.

Which one?

The most recent one. And, no I aint a book person so I never find the books better than the films. Nothing will waver my love for those special effects though, top notch.

Transformers - 8/10

Bit late to the party. But anyway the movie is awesome as a throughly mindless action + surprisingly funny popcorn flick. Nuff said. If not for the ****ing shaky cam I would have given it a 9/10!

The Fountain - I don't understand one bit of the movie to give a score/10

Jackmen and Weize were great though... Kudos to them.

Bloody Sunday - 9/10

Pertinent.
You complain about shakey-cam, Paul Greengrass laughs in your face.

Rocky Balboa - 5/10

Why did he do a new one?! It just got more and more lame as it went on, and that fight at the end was ****ing pointless.

Had nothing on the originals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back