Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superbad - 3/10

No. Just... no. We give you guys Shaun of the Dead, the least you can do is try. :(

Superbad - 3/10

No. Just... no. We give you guys Shaun of the Dead, the least you can do is try. :(

Aw, that movie was hilarious.

Rambo III - 8.8/10...
****ing awesome... except for Stallone's usual expressionless face, can't wait for Rambo IV.

Superbad was awsome!

And his expresionless face I think is intended, because he is just that hardcore lol.

Superbad: 6/10 Not nearly as good as everyone made it sound. Jokes got stale 30 minutes into it. The only parts i found consistently good was the cops.

The Ring 2 - 4/10

The short 10 minuted film that comes on the DVD of the Ring 2 that features none of the cast from either film other than the girl on the video - 7 or 8/10
Has so much more potential than the actual film did

Ocean's Eleven - 9/10

I just love these movies where they make a really complicated plan, and it goes off without a hitch, except in this one where he
went to jail for 3-6 months, although that's only a minor inconvenience to the plan..

Now I HAVE to watch Ocean's Twelve and Ocean's Thirteen.. God dammit! I hope they are just as good!

The only thing I hate about the movie is Julia Roberts.. :x

I just love these movies where they make a really complicated plan, and it goes off without a hitch, except in this one where he
went to jail for 3-6 months, although that's only a minor inconvenience to the plan..
Heh, watch The Italian Job, THAT's how complicated and unrealistic this type of movie can get.

And Julia Roberts is teh hawt, you poo poo head.

Planet Terror-9/10. I was laughing almost the whole time at the ridiculous violence and over-the-top dialog. Great movie. And there were ****ing zombies!

Ocean's Eleven - 9/10

Now I HAVE to watch Ocean's Twelve and Ocean's Thirteen.. God dammit! I hope they are just as good!

She was beautiful in Ocean's Eleven!
I don't like her a whole lot myself, but she's great in the Ocean films.

Meet the Robinsons - 8/10

There's a line where the main character remarks, "That was unexpected," which sums up my feelings about this film. I had missed seeing it in theaters because I thought it was going to be another low-plot, low-humor CG moneymaker, but I was more than pleasantly surprised. This and Ratatouille have really gone back and changed my feelings about the validity of current CG animated films (post Toy Story).

Tarzan (Disney): 7/10

Not bad, but not...'great'. Doesn't have a patch on the likes of Lion King, Mermaid or Aladdin.

American Gangster = 8/10

Good film, but does drag on a bit ... and its a bit anti-climaxey.

Planet Terror - 8.2/10
Sweet merciful Jesus! Best over the top action movie ever?!

Meet the Robinsons - 8/10

There's a line where the main character remarks, "That was unexpected," which sums up my feelings about this film. I had missed seeing it in theaters because I thought it was going to be another low-plot, low-humor CG moneymaker, but I was more than pleasantly surprised. This and Ratatouille have really gone back and changed my feelings about the validity of current CG animated films (post Toy Story).

You didnt even like monsters inc?

You didnt even like monsters inc?
Oh, forgot about that one. Yeah, that one's good too. I'd probably give it the same score. When I was thinking of CG movies my mind was filled more with the failures of recent years that I forgot about Monsters.

Live Free or Die Hard - 8/10
Hairspray - 7/10
Santa Clause 3 - 4/10

The Prestige - 10/10
Just loved it, flat out best film I've seen in ages. Minus one point for Bowie butchering that accent, but plus another one for putting Thom Yorke in the credits. :D

Tenacious D - Pick of Destiny - 6/10
So very, very stupid. Moments of awesomeness though, and I love JB's "creative" swearing (I was already counting the "suck my cock"s about 5 minutes in).

30 Days of Night - 8/10

Very good film. Reminded me a bit of 28 Days Later with how fast paced the vampires were and how aggressivly they attacked others. Very, very gory - often quite over the top - but a damned fine entertaining film nonetheless.

Also, the town pretty much becomes Ravenholm after a while. Trails of blood EVERYWHERE, smears, puddles, mutilated corpses, destruction... it was uncanny .

Saw Fight Club a couple of weeks ago. 8/10. The penguin (poweranimal) = f***ing epic! "Slide!" Loved Jared Leto in it (at least at first)! Could be pretty gross at times, but, meh, I've seen Underworld Evolution and that was pretty nasty!

The Prestige - 10/10
Just loved it, flat out best film I've seen in ages. Minus one point for Bowie butchering that accent, but plus another one for putting Thom Yorke in the credits. :D
Yes, I agree this movie kicks so much ass. That was brutal at the end (the big room filled with 'water tanks' ;) )

Tenacious D - Pick of Destiny - 6/10
So very, very stupid. Moments of awesomeness though, and I love JB's "creative" swearing (I was already counting the "suck my cock"s about 5 minutes in).
We love to rock - so you can suck - my f*cking cock. One of the best parts of the movie, hehe. To the tune of Fur Elise. lol.

Rain Man - Well. This was quite good. Not seen it before now. 9/10

What was with all the world music though, the peruvian flute and stuff?

Undisputed 2- 5 stars,amazing boxing movie,if you haven't seen it yet,you must
also,see Undisputed,the original of the best boxing movies ever

Saints and Soldiers - 6/10
An independent WWII film that was not very well done. Some good bits but the writing was a little shitty, the characters were boring/predictable and the action wasn't that great. Also included every war cliche there is.

Natural Born Killers - 9/10
Good movie, can feel the Tarantino in there somewhere, stylistic and their point comes across well. Harrellson is great.

Gattaca - 8/10
A respectably good sci-fi film that I hadn't seen, nor heard of until about a month ago. Entertaining.

The Prestige - 10/10

Hmm, I've got to disagree here. The pacing was far too choppy and fast for my taste, Plus, the pseudo-science turned me off.

However the acting performances were great, and that chick whose name I think was Vera was really hot.

6/10

I was bugged by the pacing at first, but it came together so very well in the end. I think if they'd have tried to make it more cohesive by tying things together more it would've been too drawn out, there was a fair bit of ground to cover.

Also -

I think it's meant to be chopped up into several distinct parts that slowly explain themselves, not only for the sake of the last quarter of the movie where everything is begun to be explained, but for re-watching aswell. A friend who watched it with us who'd already seen it remarked on quite a few scenes that he didn't fully understand first time through, and he seemed to enjoy it just as much as us first timers.

Hitman: 7/10

Elephant wasnt badass enough to be agent 47, but I expected as much when I went into it. Love story it totally out of place, and out of character for 47, and frankly, if she were to be removed, nothing in the story would even change. Still, it had enough references to the games to keep me happy, and story was decent enough. Overall I liked it.

Godfather part I-10/10. Every line and every scene was perfect.
Godfather part II- 10/10. Jesus this was as good as the first. Perfection.
Godfather part III-7/10. Talk about a let down. This movie was sub par at best. So god damn boring I was ready to shoot myself.

Superbad - 6.5/10 (not as funny as I was led to believe) just lots of curising and calling people names based off a womans vagina (definitely one for the little boys).

Battlestar Galactica - Razor: Yes it's not technically a movie, but 7/10 all the same.

American Gangster - Solid performances, decent dialogue 8/10

Ratatouille - Only Pixar could make a film about a mouse in Paris and make it interesting - 9/10

Hitman: 7/10

Elephant wasnt badass enough to be agent 47, but I expected as much when I went into it. Love story it totally out of place, and out of character for 47, and frankly, if she were to be removed, nothing in the story would even change. Still, it had enough references to the games to keep me happy, and story was decent enough. Overall I liked it.

Same here, 7/10. Good movie overall.

this is better than i expected, i might go and see it

All of the Godfathers were boring enough to make me contemplate suicide...

this is better than i expected, i might go and see it

Yeah same here. I went in expecting shit, and came out pleased. Just go in knowing to ignore the love story, and I think you'll enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back