Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Am Legend - 7/10

Not a bad film. Its directed well, the actings good but the script is kind of weak. However there isn't all that much you could do with the script in the first place since it appears to be fairly faithful to the original, with the exception of the action sequences. I saw "Last Man on Earth" with Vincent Price before seeing this, and the only thing i liked better in Last Man on Earth was the ending.

Alien Vs. Predator 2...

The predator was the best actor in this movie and he's wearing a mask most of the time. Luckily one of the good things is that a lot of those annoying characters get killed off (some of them actually are surprising... hey it's a little kid of course he won't get- OH SHIT!)... still not enough of 'em though. So yeah, pretty bad movie, but it's enjoyable just because of the badass predator. The aliens need a new proper movie of their own for sure.

I watched Omega Man (few times) a while back (friend bought DVD, lent it to me), and it's a fantastic movie, I haven't seen I am Legend, but it'd have to be pretty good to beat Omega Man. So...

Omega Man - 9/10

It was great, and the mutants aren't creatures, they are just regular people who die more slowly from the BIOLOGICAL WEAPON (that's right, it was warfare and NOT cancer cure) that is in the air, but it does make them a bit crazy, and sunlight doesn't burn them, their eyes are extremely sensitive to it, though, it's hard to explain the rest, just watch the movie..

It was great, and the mutants aren't creatures, they are just regular people who die more slowly from the BIOLOGICAL WEAPON (that's right, it was warfare and NOT cancer cure) that is in the air, but it does make them a bit crazy, and sunlight doesn't burn them, their eyes are extremely sensitive to it, though, it's hard to explain the rest, just watch the movie..
A message to all directors and screenwriters -

You don't have to give some shitty, cliched reason for why there is some horrible virus or why people are mutating. Just make me afraid that they are. Let my imagination fill in the rest. Honestly, it does a damn good job and it's tired of your poor explanations. Cure for cancer gone wrong? Christ. Biological weapons? Really? I haven't heard that one before. Rage? Just no. For the love of god, no.

I Am Legend: 8/10

I saw it a second time with friends last night. It's still a good flick.

Good Fellas - 10/10. One of the best mob movies ever made. Watch it if you haven't.

Alien Versus Predator: Requiem - 2/10 - Again, the concept of AvP is tossed aside in favour of one dimensional characters fleeing from aliens with some Predator verse alien as a small side dish. The action could only appeal to twelve year olds, in all honesty.

I Am Legend - 9/10 - There wasn't really any downsides, apart from the admittedly very bad CGI.

displaced
-10/+10

watched the first 10 minutes, never even troubled myself throwing the DVD out.
Awful, awful. I mean like I was lmao at how awful it was.

displaced
-10/+10

watched the first 10 minutes, never even troubled myself throwing the DVD out.
Awful, awful. I mean like I was lmao at how awful it was.

Watch Goodfellas and cleanse your eyes.

Enchanted - 8/10.
Since this movie practically decrees that you must have - or are somehow going to acquire - breasts if you're going to see it, I don't really find it surprising that no-one else has seen, or at least admitted to having seen this movie in this thread. But I really liked it. Even the weak CGI dragon sequence at the end works for me, since it sort of throws its arms into the air and asks "why the hell is this CGI shit so popular anyway?".

Also saw Breakfast at Tiffany's, Great Expectations (the 1946 David Lean version) and Who Framed Roger Rabbit? over the break, and am glad I did too since they're all great.
The Meaning of Life - 5/10. Did I miss something?
Only the fact that general opinion is the same as yours. That movie has one or two half-decent skits, but that's it.

I Am Leg End
9/10
CGI was weak, but didn't detract too much.

Harsh Times - 4/10.

A couple of funny parts and Christian Bale, but that is about it. The writing was AWFUL.

Enchanted - 8/10.
Since this movie practically decrees that you must have - or are somehow going to acquire - breasts if you're going to see it, I don't really find it surprising that no-one else has seen, or at least admitted to having seen this movie in this thread. But I really liked it. Even the weak CGI dragon sequence at the end works for me, since it sort of throws its arms into the air and asks "why the hell is this CGI shit so popular anyway?".

Also saw Breakfast at Tiffany's, Great Expectations (the 1946 David Lean version) and Who Framed Roger Rabbit? over the break, and am glad I did too since they're all great.

Only the fact that general opinion is the same as yours. That movie has one or two half-decent skits, but that's it.

Yeah the fat guy one and the death one were the only funny ones. Flying Circus is much better.

I am Legend 9/10

Really good movie...great acting from Will Smith, effective emotional parts, and tasteful use of action(unlike Smith's previous "I, Robot"). The last half-hour or so is weaker than the rest of the movie, but still good and not movie-ruiningly bad like I've seen some people say. I actually kind of liked the ending.

I am Legend 9/10

Really good movie...great acting from Will Smith, effective emotional parts, and tasteful use of action

What the F*!*_&$%!_&*@!_&_@*(!!!!
Are you kidding? God please tell me your kidding?
Especially about the part when you say "great acting from Will Smith", christ, that movie was shit!

Anyways, Idiocracy, 8/10, funny, and accurate in the way they portray modern idiots.

Children of Men 6.5/10, nice orwellian atmosphere, good acting, but unclimatic ending.

Bender's Big Score- 7/10

about what I expected from a futurama movie. Some very funny bits, but nothing really awesome.

Especially about the part when you say "great acting from Will Smith", christ, that movie was shit!

Yes! Someone who finally agrees with me around here. Let's elope.

Click - 7/10

Made me tear up several times and shed a tear when

Sandler tells his dad that he had always known the damn trick and then he rewinds the part where his dad said "I love you son." several times.

Pretty damn funny, too. "Come over here and I'll freshen your breath." :D

No I'm not kidding. believe it or not, people can have different taste in movies than you do...:p And I honestly believe Will Smith did a great job playing Neville...

Anyways, Idiocracy, 8/10, funny, and accurate in the way they portray modern idiots.

Oh yea.. I seen that movie a long while back (looked good, so I ordered on Pay-Per View), very funny movie, a must watch!

Funny the name of the restaurants.. lol

The Breakfast Club - 9.1/10

Anyone who has ever been to high school can relate to at least one of these kids. Go see it.

Children of Men 6.5/10, nice orwellian atmosphere, good acting, but unclimatic ending.

You just lost all credibility with giving CoM a 6.5.

Seriously now.

Seriously now.
He lost more credibility by giving Idiocracy an 8/10. That was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. If you're over 8 years old I can't see how you could ever find it funny. I didn't even get through the whole movie.

I thought Will Smith was awesome in that movie. The CGI and ending kinda ruined it though.

Juno: 9/10
Could have used more of whats-his-name

Transformers: Brilliant Comedy, on par with the upcoming Nicholas Cage and the Book of Secrets. 5/10.

Resident Evil: Extinction - 7/10

Ok for what it was: A gory and violent film loosely based on a videogame.

WTF o_O

George W. Bushisms - 7/10

Finally got around to seeing this. Funny for the bushisms, but the extras they threw in like the Doonesberry strips and the Bush Singers were best viewed at 32x fastforward (or not at all). Production values were also nil with some really awful sound samples, but I guess you've gotta work with what you've got. Some of the commentary was funny, but the main guy (the John Stewart wannabe) got on my nerves after a bit. Would've been great if they'd just let the man speak for himself - guaranteed comedy gold whenever he opens his mouth.

Rocky IV (was on the TV last night) 4/10
Pretty crappy movie, but the end fight is do ridiculously unrealistic that it's kind of funny.

He lost more credibility by giving Idiocracy an 8/10. That was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. If you're over 8 years old I can't see how you could ever find it funny. I didn't even get through the whole movie.

If you live in today's society, and observe the people of today, and how they act, it's quite funny because of how true it is.

Seriously now.

Well elaborate on what was so terrible about CoM? Sure there were some pointless things in there, but they also had some brilliant cinematography in it too. Especially the scene when the infant is crying and everything just completely stops for several minutes, and as soon as they leave the area it just starts up again. That part was well done with a perfect emotional atmosphere.
Granted this movie could have taken a deeper, more epic approach, but it wasn't about overthrowing a goverment or anything, it was about a small specific group of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back