Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently test audiences found Saffron Burrows character so unlikable that they decided to deliberately kill her off instead of LL Cool J at the end to make more people like the film, and then they shot the ending with Thomas Jane and LL Cool J on the wreckage and used that over the original ending of Saffron Burrows and Thomas Jane being the only survivors.

Knowing - 8/10

I don't care what any of you say, most enjoyably stupid disaster movie since Independence Day.

Rome (TV series) - 9/10

Holy shit, this is an awesome show. I've binged about 3/4th of the 22 episodes in the past week.

Dragonball: Evolution - 5/10
This movie was freaking hilarious out of badness. It wasn't genuinely a terrible film, but was mainly made bad because of how ridiculously unfaiithful to the show it was. Imagine a fruitcake where all the different berries and fruit pieces inside it are the various plot points of the show Dragonball, and all of that is coated with the icing/premise that there's seven balls which make a wish together. Now, grab a knife, and cut off the icing, taking off a tiny amount of the main cake with it. Put the cake you're left with in a blender, set it to max for ten minutes and put the results in a bowl, and place the original icing on top. And that's Dragonball: Evolution.

Yes Man - Yes/10

It was good Jim Carrey humor but it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.

Super Troopers - 7.5/10...

One of the better comedies I've seen.

The Hunting Party 9/10

Excellent movie. Didn't realize it was based on a true story till the end (all movies should explain their relation to real events the way this one did :D). Watch this.

Adventureland - 6/10

It's a ****ing chick flick. If you are thinking of seeing it because it's funny - don't. If you are seeing it because you're on a date - go for it.

Haunting In Connecticut - 4/10

Not scary, kinda sucked.

Sunshine (Bluray) - 9/10

Love that space sci-fi scenario.

Face Off (Bluray) - 9/10

Travolta at his best.

Bluray makes such a difference, I didnt expect it to. Ive seen them in the shops being played on TVs and didnt think much, but finally got around to getting my own setup.

American Psycho- 8-9 out of 10. Pretty great.

Edward Scissorhands - 6-7 out of 10. Yeah alright.

Changeling 8/10

Liked this one a lot!! was a bit different that what I'm used to but it was a long journey and well worth the watch. Angelina Jolie was a completely different woman than I remembered

X-Men Origin - Wolverine - 8/10

It mustve been the unedited/screener version. Lots of sound glitches, and you could still see the stunt ropes in some scenes (which did make me laugh), as well as some classic movie mistakes (claws out on one angle, no claws on the next angle, back to the previous angle again and the claws are out)

Most noticeable was the fact that all the special effects were just base models and had no detail, they were just grey textured frames, which I initially thought was to add so comic book style feel to the film.

Also a runtime came up at the bottom of the screen now and again, scene number etc.

One scene killed me, he puts his hand against a window and some red writing came up next to it with arrows pointing at his hand, and the writing said 'claws grow'.

However, it was dvd quality and a pretty entertaining film.

Hugh Jackman is a pretty serious badass, and the whole film was just more...engaging than the previous X-men films.

Dr. Horribles Sing Along - 9/10

Holy shit hilarious. Nathan Fillian played the "Good guy/Bad guy" thing rather well. And good ol' Doogie Houser.

Pumpkinhead - 7/10...
Awesome creature effects, I remember it being a lot more grotesque when I was younger though. :(

Mystic River - 7/10

Some dodgy moments with strange choices from the characters etc, but decent movie.

Race to Witch Mountain - 7/10 - the powers of the alien children were awesome, the plot was decent. The acting was alright, but the kids were inexperienced so there is time for improvement.

Picture Perfect - 6.5/10 - it was alright, Jennifer Aniston always does well. It was on TV last night so I thought why not watch.

Watchmen
A far more accurate adaptation than I expected. It contains few odd changes, the ending being the biggest, which still -kind of- works. It feels like the general story is unfilmable, and probably didn't make sense for the average moviegoer, but for me, sitting in the theatre, seeing the comic's scenes come to life was VERY kickass. Alot of the bits couldn't have been done better. I'm still kind of surprised Hollywood actually chucked this out.

Knowing 9/10 - saw it a 2nd time with my brother. Movie is seriously surprise of the year. Went in expecting 100% shit came out with a all time favorite.

Knowing 9/10 - saw it a 2nd time with my brother. Movie is seriously surprise of the year. Went in expecting 100% shit came out with a all time favorite.

With that ending? It was great up until the closing parts of the film, the disaster scenes were fantastic though.

I'll admit I haven't seen it but that was on the recommendation of a friend when he told that abysmally bad ending :|

With that ending? It was great up until the closing parts of the film, the disaster scenes were fantastic though.

I loved the ending.

I'm a sucker for Adam and Eve story's, i also loved the way the aliens looked as well as their ship.

I loved the ending.

I'm a sucker for Adam and Eve story's, i also loved the way the aliens looked as well as their ship.

I agree they did, as did most of the special effects, but the whole ending concept was far too over-the-top, like it just got too big for the film to handle.

Elaborate. What did you find dodgy and what were the strange character choices?

Tim Robbins?
***SPOILER***
The whole movie hinged on Robbins being an idiot. All he had to do was tell his wife the truth and there would've been no movie. Then he admitted to Penn's character that he did it... You knew he didn't do it from the start because it was too obvious.

The ending with the kids sucked too.

I just finished seeing all five seasons of The Wire. Epic shit right there.

Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 5/10...
Yeah, it's just as bad as I remember it being after seeing it on my birthday last year.
It started off great but descended into a shitfest.

Sigh. :(

Punisher Warzone -6/10

I liked the original movie better and I could give 2 shits about the comic. I don't read many comics but this is a ****ing movie, not a comic so don't bitch about how its 'more like the comic!' But yeah crappy rental and punching holes in peoples faces was just too much

***SPOILER***
The whole movie hinged on Robbins being an idiot. All he had to do was tell his wife the truth and there would've been no movie. Then he admitted to Penn's character that he did it... You knew he didn't do it from the start because it was too obvious.

I think he was far too disturbed with what he had done and seen to admit it to anyone. He was completely ashamed when he was abused earlier in life, as I assume most people would be, and Penn told him if he said he killed his daughter, he wouldn't kill him so he took that chance rather than admit to anything else.

I see your issue with why didn't he just admit it to Penn what he was doing, that's a valid point. However, I think it fitted his character to never admit anything to his wife about where he was and what he did that night.

Dear Zachary - 8/10

Crushing. Absolutely crushing. Tremendous film. The only thing that prevents me from giving it 10 out 10 is that the film-making techniques are questionable at times, but the story is absolutely amazing and horrific at the same time.

12 Rounds 8/10

My friend now works at the local theater and gets free movie tickets any time he wants for up to 3 friends including himself. So for a free movie, it was amazing and there was a lot of action. Not of fan of John Cena or his last big screen movie, but this one was worth watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back