Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JCVD - 9/10 - Absolutely amazing. I never thought Jean Calude could be such a deep actor...

The Untouchables - 6/10. While De Niro plays an amazing Al Capone, the character of Elliot Ness (and many other characters) are so goddamn two dimensional and boring. It also suffers from some unbelievably lousy writing at times, and the third act completely drags. Still, a great movie.

HE PULLS A KNIFE YOU PULL A GUN. HE SENDS ONE OF YOURS TO THE HOSPITAL, YOU SEND ONE OF HIS TO THE MORGUE. THAT'S THE CHICAGO WAY.

[edit] Oh Samon is it not enough that we watch movies together all the time without agreeing on score too? I love you so much it hurts sometimes

I found it pretentious and boring.

What exactly was pretentious about it?
It was extremely whimsical and lighthearted.

No other movie could make me smile that much.
Unless it's a Pixar movie, that is.

Night at the Museum - 6.5/10...
Eh, it was fun.
Not a big fan of Ben Stiller though, the acting was pretty lousy too.

Wolverine Origins- 3/10

What a piece of crap! Bad pacing, cheesy beyond **** and butchered origins. Don't even get me started on Deadpool. The only reason why i am giving this 3 stars is because of Liev Schreiber. Man, what hunk of shit this was. I can't believe that this made over $150 mil here in the US.
**** you, average movie goer! Your shitty tastes are destroying my love for movies.

I think you have to be cold-hearted in order to not smile at a Pixar film.

...........;(

Requiem for a dream 9/10

One of my favourite movies, if you've never seen it watch it :D

Blindness - 7/10

Not a bad film. I think there is a few strange narrative choices, the most obvious being
the men not putting any fight against the women going to get raped

Besides that the film is shot beautifully, I thought it had an interesting premise but I think it's handling of human nature was a little.... I don't know... predictable? Either way i didn't think it was explored enough. Some great moments at the end of the film but its still got its flaws and its definitely not for everyone.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - 8/10

I expected it to be better

won't play if you have Daemon tools installed

Paramount Pictures - 0/10

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - 8/10

I expected it to be better

won't play if you have Daemon tools installed

Paramount Pictures - 0/10

Seriously? Why would you even need DT if you were going to rip the movie. Paramount are idiots.

PUSH 7/10

Better than I expected tbh. It suffered a bit for a lack of big budget, but overall it wasn't a bad film at all and certainly dealt with the idea of people with powers better than Heroes has. Also Camille Belle is rather fine.

2010: The Year We Make Contact - 8.5/10

Amazing movie but took a while to get interesting. I like this movie a bit better than the first movie 2001. I don't want to ruin anything but if you like sci-fi and love John Lithgow watch this movie!

Omg we're like the same person - I just watched this movie too!

It does take awhile to get interesting, probably not until
they find the chlorophyll on Europa
or until
the whole Honduras USA vs. USSR mess escalates

Kinda feel like watching Capricorn One now. Definitely a fan of Peter Hyams.

Omg we're like the same person - I just watched this movie too!

It does take awhile to get interesting, probably not until
they find the chlorophyll on Europa
or until
the whole Honduras USA vs. USSR mess escalates

Kinda feel like watching Capricorn One now. Definitely a fan of Peter Hyams.

someone wants to talk to us :thumbs: Hal can communicate for us

Seriously? Why would you even need DT if you were going to rip the movie. Paramount are idiots.

I think if you have a free DVD copier (ripper) - one that doesn't remove copy protection, then, it would stop you from playing this movie while mounted. I think that was the intention.

however, every DVD with half decent copy protection ever made can do that.

So this new DRM they used adds no additional real world protection over the stuff they've been using for years, but this DRM now won't let you PLAY a movie.

'Forget worrying about them copying it, guys! Let's just prevent them from watching their movie' - Paramount

Promises - 8.5/10

Amazing documentary on how Palestinian and Israeli view each other and the conflict they live with off. Its pretty amazing to watch
Faraj's hardcore prejudice disappear within a single of meeting and playing with Israeli twins Daniel and Yarko.

Fantastic documentary.

I think if you have a free DVD copier (ripper) - one that doesn't remove copy protection, then, it would stop you from playing this movie while mounted. I think that was the intention.

however, every DVD with half decent copy protection ever made can do that.

So this new DRM they used adds no additional real world protection over the stuff they've been using for years, but this DRM now won't let you PLAY a movie.

'Forget worrying about them copying it, guys! Let's just prevent them from watching their movie' - Paramount

That's what I mean. If you were going to rip it it, you'd just use your usual software that works around the protection scheme, this one wouldn't stop it, the only thing DT does it let you mount a DVD Image. Why would you need to do that to watch a film you've bought when your using straight off the DVD. Like I said, Idiots.

Seriously people, Donnie Darko is pretty low on the weird/mind**** scale.

JCVD - 9/10 - Absolutely amazing. I never thought Jean Calude could be such a deep actor...

After reading your post, I gave the movie a shot, and it was good. I really think he should continue to appear in serious/dramatic roles. If he slides back to B action movies after this, it will render his effort useless.

Overall I give it an 8/10

yeah i've seen stranger stuff than donnie darko

terminator 1 9/10

Epic movie

terminator 2 9/10

Also an epic movie ;)

Castle Episodes 1 & 2 - 9/10

Very funny and great acting to boot.

Seriously people, Donnie Darko is pretty low on the weird/mind**** scale.

I wouldn't say it was a mind**** at all really, it just completely lost me towards the end.
Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention at the time, but after reading the wiki, half the shit mentioned didn't seem at all clear to me while watching it. I'll give the longer director's cut a watch at some point, maybe I'll be able to make better sense of that.

Jeff Dunham - Arguing with Myself - 8/10...
The lulz were many.

I wouldn't say it was a mind**** at all really, it just completely lost me towards the end.
Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention at the time, but after reading the wiki, half the shit mentioned didn't seem at all clear to me while watching it. I'll give the longer director's cut a watch at some point, maybe I'll be able to make better sense of that.

The director's cut is much different than the regular. It has a lot more explanation.

night at the museum 4/10

stupid tripe filled with plot holes

(okay there was nothing else on tv)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back