Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You notice how they never actually change time and everything turns out the way they tried to avoid it turning out? That's how time travel works.

That's what I'm saying, Cameron's first ending had them ending the prospect of the war through their actions. He changed it because he didn't want a permanent end to his Terminator films, though as far as he was concerned that was the end of the story and they had succeeded. It was only the sequel T3 that everyone holds in such disregard that continued the story of the war still happening and even then they still changed the future as the date of the war was altered as well as how Skynet came about.

Besides, how can their even be a definitive theory as to how time travel works? Since it's all fiction anyway.

Weird, I'm a big soundtrack/score enthusiast (probably have around 300), and I don't think I have any Danny Elfman scores. Any you guys recommend?

Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, Batman, Dolores Claiborne, Mars Attacks! (especially if you want to hear some theremin), Men in Black - that's off the top of my head, there's many more film scores he's done.

That's what I'm saying, Cameron's first ending had them ending the prospect of the war through their actions. He changed it because he didn't want a permanent end to his Terminator films, though as far as he was concerned that was the end of the story and they had succeeded. It was only the sequel T3 that everyone holds in such disregard that continued the story of the war still happening and even then they still changed the future as the date of the war was altered as well as how Skynet came about.

Besides, how can their even be a definitive theory as to how time travel works? Since it's all fiction anyway.

But there is a definite way it's supposed to be understood. If I'm getting this right, you think there was once a John Conner not fathered by Kyle Reese. So, how exactly could he be raised to be a resistance leader, how would he know he had to send Kyle Reese back to be his father, to protect his mother that he had never been in danger the first time? The only set of circumstances that leads to John Conner sending Kyle Reese back in time to be his father and protect his mother are the ones where Kyle Reese is his father and his mother lived to raise him. Otherwise he is an entirely different person living in an entirely different world. There is no beginning nor end, it is an infinite time paradox, if you can't wrap your head around that, then fine. But that's what it is.
Funny thing is that's your opinion others have different ones. Yours is not the definitive opinion.
It's not an opinion. Opinions only relate to things that can't be proven, themes and moral implications. We're talking about actual events.

And I still don't know what happened in Terminator Salvation that you think backs up your point.

docbrownfull.jpg

But there is a definite way it's supposed to be understood. If I'm getting this right, you think there was once a John Conner not fathered by Kyle Reese. So, how exactly could he be raised to be a resistance leader, how would he know he had to send Kyle Reese back to be his father, to protect his mother that he had never been in danger the first time? The only set of circumstances that leads to John Conner sending Kyle Reese back in time to be his father and protect his mother are the ones where Kyle Reese is his father and his mother lived to raise him. Otherwise he is an entirely different person living in an entirely different world. There is no beginning nor end, it is an infinite time paradox, if you can't wrap your head around that, then fine. But that's what it is.

Well it would be obvious that the first time Conner sent Kyle through was simply as a protector, not as his father, that would be the side effect of Woo-Hoo with his mother. The original John Conner would more than likely have been a different person. The only reason he would still be brought up in the same way would be down to his mothers training and prophecies that Kyle had told her about the previous John Conner.

It's not an opinion. Opinions only relate to things that can't be proven, themes and moral implications. We're talking about actual events.

Actual events? No, we are talking about fiction. I have not seen anything with regards to comments from Cameron or the actual films sequels that back up your point, just some hypothetical time travel theories because as much as people would like to think they know what would happen if time travel was possible they don't, no one can, so there is no more actual weight to your theory than mine.

And I still don't know what happened in Terminator Salvation that you think backs up your point.

In Terminator Salvation and T3 the future has been changed which you state cannot happen (I find it amazing that your so certain about this when after all, time travel is impossible). Like I said earlier.

I can see this is getting us nowhere so lets just drop it eh?

Stemot.
What don't you ****ing understand? Think for one ****ing second. What don't you get about it? This is the second time that you don't understand the **** that's going on in front of the camera.
Stay off the ****ing theory sites man. For ****'s sake.

Stem, look at it this way - who is the original father before your claimed original father? The only father Connor ever had was Reese. That's the nature of the timeline.

I think Eejit is ****ing done with you professionally.

Stemot.
What don't you ****ing understand? Think for one ****ing second. What don't you get about it? This is the second time that you don't understand the **** that's going on in front of the camera.
Stay off the ****ing theory sites man. For ****'s sake.

:rolleyes: Get a grip. It was a theory I picked up when watching, I only went on the Wiki's etc to see if I was the only one, turns out I wasn't.

I could understand if I was arguing against a solid cold hard fact, but this is a theory in a movie series full of plot holes which according to Sheepo doesn't even adhere to his rules of time travel. So why the hell is everyone getting so eaten up about it?

No one can claim they are correct when it's a work of fiction containing time travel of all things.

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

This movie was very funny. Better than the first IMO. Amy Adams is so damn cute.

8/10

In Terminator Salvation and T3 the future has been changed which you state cannot happen

Please give me an example (more Salvation, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a huge inconsistency in the midst of that T3 garbage).

The only reason he would still be brought up in the same way would be down to his mothers training and prophecies that Kyle had told her about the previous John Conner.

Pretty sure you're contradicting yourself here. Unless I'm just misunderstanding what everyone can see is completely foolproof logic.

A forum is a place of discussion. Be quiet.

Sure.
But they're gunking up a thread who's purpose is to just post little reviews and opinions on a film they had just watched.

Not to argue over time travel.

You're quite right, but I'm much more content to endorse actual discussion and argument, rather than +1 10/10! posts (yes, I am guilty as charged). Besides, they're arguing over ****ing time travel.

TIME TRAVEL.

I do love a bit of time travel.

Pray, continue.

Fair enough, so long as it's not bothering you mod-types.

Wait, Samon is a mod?

Munich - 8/10

Top film, drags a little, but otherwise very good. Excellent cast. Might need to start watching Rome again after I've finished The Wire S03 for the fifth time.

Well now that it's on the last page Stemot will never get the chance to make an illogical or uninformed counterpoint.

Flags of our Fathers - 7/10

Solid. I liked its companion film Letters From Iwo Jima a bit more.

Please give me an example (more Salvation, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a huge inconsistency in the midst of that T3 garbage).

The war had been delayed Thus Time changed but like I said, Cameron was going to end the series at T2 with the war being prevented so the original writer doesn't subscribe to you set in stone time travel logic either.

Pretty sure you're contradicting yourself here. Unless I'm just misunderstanding what everyone can see is completely foolproof logic.

No I'm not.

Besides, they're arguing over ****ing time travel.

TIME TRAVEL.

I do love a bit of time travel.

Pray, continue.

My point exactly. How anyone can claim to be right in this argument is beyond me. Every opinion on time travel is THEORY!

Well now that it's on the last page Stemot will never get the chance to make an illogical or uninformed counterpoint.

See above.

Chop Shop: 7.5/10

Interesting hour and twenty minutes; the movie is very subdued and has that "slice of life" life.

The war had been delayed Thus Time changed but like I said, Cameron was going to end the series at T2 with the war being prevented so the original writer doesn't subscribe to you set in stone time travel logic either.

2) No I'm not.

3) My point exactly. How anyone can claim to be right in this argument is beyond me. Every opinion on time travel is THEORY!
1)What the hell? It's 2018, there's absolutely nothing in the movie to back up that the war has been delayed.

2) Then explain it.

3)Theories need logic to be theories.

1)What the hell? It's 2018, there's absolutely nothing in the movie to back up that the war has been delayed.

In the original timeline (T1,T2) the war was supposed to start in 1997. However according to T3, now the war starts in 2004 (when T3 takes place).

In the TV series the action takes place again in the present (2009) and the war hasn't started yet. So that's a completely different timeline where the war has been pushed back even further.
All these changes are happening because of the tampering with time travel.

As far as James Cameron was concerned the story ended with T2. And the entire message of that movie besides the value of human life was that there is no fate. You can change the future for the better.

/TLDR , I agree with Stemot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back