Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just brought out my Kevin Smith collection

Clerks 8.5/10 Smith proves you dont need 50 million (or even 1 million) dollars to make a fine film.

Mallrats 7/10 Ehhh, my least favorite of his. The slapstick and dick and fart jokes are just stupid.

Chasing Amy 9.5/10 Probably his best film, a great comedy/drama film

Dogma 9/10 His second best with great messages about religion, faith, ideas, and beliefs.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back 8/10 What Mallrats should've been. Hilarious as always.

X-Men 3 - 6.8/10 , Meh movie... Spiderman 3 will kick its ass. Even tho i liked X-Men 1,2 more then Spiderman 1,2.

9/10 - Polar Express

Yes, I'll admit it. I watched this movie...and worse still I enjoyed it every bit of the way. Very nostalgic (but of what?). Tom Hanks was great as the train conductor and hobo. Visuals were very nicely done as well.

xlucidx said:
edit : Serenity - 9.8/10... Wow, this was certainly a nice surprise.
Action, humor, great story, memorable characters.... holy shit.
I just went out and bought it along with Firefly. :D

The agent guy is quite the villain.

DeusExMachina said:
Just brought out my Kevin Smith collection

Clerks 8.5/10 Smith proves you dont need 50 million (or even 1 million) dollars to make a fine film.

Mallrats 7/10 Ehhh, my least favorite of his. The slapstick and dick and fart jokes are just stupid.

Chasing Amy 9.5/10 Probably his best film, a great comedy/drama film

Dogma 9/10 His second best with great messages about religion, faith, ideas, and beliefs.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back 8/10 What Mallrats should've been. Hilarious as always.

What ever happened to Jay and Silent Bob? They were great. Just seem to have disappeared.

Skaadi said:
What ever happened to Jay and Silent Bob? They were great. Just seem to have disappeared.

Clerks 2 is coming out soon, they're in that. Thats their last movie.

Smith doesn't want to keep using the same characters over and over again. They've been in every View Askew movie so far. Though, he has talked about a sequel to Dogma one day so we might see them again.

Slither:- 4.5/10

I was actually laughing when it was trying to be serious, however sometimes it did make me jump.

X3 - 6/10
Great action and all, but at the expense of story and character development. Something tells me Singer could've done this better. Oh well, we can always hope he does X4.

Also, where the f*ck is Gambit?

Saw two movies yesterday:

Xmen 3 - 7/10 (good stuff overall, except the transvestite shemale mutant, and I laughed my ass off at "I'm the juggernaut bish!")

16 Blocks - 6/10 (Would have given a higher mark if it weren't for that con's annoying voice)

Disney's Dinosaurs Season 1 - 9/10...

God damn, is it sad that this show STILL manages to make me laugh?

Walk the Line : Special Edition - 9/10...
Excellent bonus features, plentiful and quite informative commentary.

Poseidon 9.6/10 Great action packed, Very intense. Saw it on IMAX was great.

Icarusintel said:
X3 - 6/10
Great action and all, but at the expense of story and character development. Something tells me Singer could've done this better. Oh well, we can always hope he does X4.

Also, where the f*ck is Gambit?
I agree ):

But without the characters they killed off, X4 would suck.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - 10/10.

Man, I love this film so goddamn much. The characters, the camera-work, the humor, the characters again. I really need to buy it on DVD sometime, then I can watch that, Snatch and Layer Cake in a row.

LOTR 1,2 10/10 best epic trilogy eva...just put return of th e king in my drive will watch in a few minutes.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse - 0/10

I forgot I watched this last night on Sky..... I wonder sometimes how shit like this ever gets a green light to be released, or even made for that matter.

Nemesis fist fight? Utter tripe.

Cormeh said:

I forgot I watched this last night on Sky..... I wonder sometimes how shit like this ever gets a green light to be released, or even made for that matter.

I hope the 3rd is better. The 1st was good for its time as a Video Game movie but the 2nd was shit.

L.A. Confidential - 9/10. Great casting, but why did Kim Basinger win an Oscar for this? Her performance was good, but nothing memorable.

X-men 3: The last stand - 6/10
Meh way to end the trilogy.

L.A Confidential is such an awesome movie.

Raziel-Jcd said:
I hope the 3rd is better. The 1st was good for its time as a Video Game movie but the 2nd was shit.

The first was shit and a mockery of the game.

Cormeh said:

Seriously, Paul WS Anderson may not be Uwe Boll, but he's f*cking working as hard as he can at it

Hmm... I just watched X-Men 3. Tbh, I'd give it like an 8.5 out of 10- I mean, I'm watching it to be wowed by the effects and fighting, not for deep dialogue and amazing plot. It's pure shallow entertainment, and I enjoyed it :D

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - 8.7/10. Awesome.

"If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think your bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now do you understand everything I've said? Because if you don't, I'll kill ya."

JNightshade said:
Hmm... I just watched X-Men 3. Tbh, I'd give it like an 8.5 out of 10- I mean, I'm watching it to be wowed by the effects and fighting, not for deep dialogue and amazing plot. It's pure shallow entertainment, and I enjoyed it :D
You enjoyed it?

Then God help us all.

EDIT: Actually I enjoyed it too. I just love that line.

The Weather Man: 3/10.
FFS.

The Producers: 8/10.
Funny as hell... great one-liners.

I just watched the first Superman movie ever made!
10/10...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back