restart steam people, half life 2 pre load

Well they must be confident that the game will go GOLD very soon, other wise they'd wait just incase they would have to change some things before it goes GOLD!

We need the engine don't we? Or is that encoded into the executable? I know nothing of game mechanics development-wise.

I already had a cord in my Hand to hang myself good this happend or else i would be hanging inn the Bathroom :rolleyes:

yea... but how does this relate to what we found out about HL2PHP today? nothing... but hey those rumors were true.. kind of

the engine exe's dll's etc, are so tiny they can be loaded on the night of release, they only ammount to a few megs at most.

It's like when CS: S was released we had to download those few extra files to make the game run, they only took a few mins. Well i had to download some extra files anyway.

Lobster said:
the engine exe's dll's etc, are so tiny they can be loaded on the night of release, they only ammount to a few megs at most.

This is what happened for CSS's release too. You get them when it is playable. I doubt there would be any other HL2 preloads between now and when it's available to play, except for maybe maybe the SDK

so it seems

Attachments

• flamehaus_top.jpg
    flamehaus_top.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 345
guise said:
cs:s never was announced gold was it?
come to think of it..it wasnt really it was just like a ..."Here you go" kind of thing

The dll's will only take a few mins to download at the most. And they will most likley be downloaded upon release of the game.

TyroPyro said:
That's all that's really left to preload, but did you check for sure?

already confirmed @ valve website.....but it was kinda obvious...so large..but what is left that would be so large? only levels...."Elementary, my dear Watson, elementary!"

Ren.182 said:
The dll's will only take a few mins to download at the most. And they will most likley be downloaded upon release of the game.
so really all they can do is release it...right? :|

Valve, just go ahead and give us everything so we can play it now. Come on, you know you want to. A big f u to Vivendi and a big fat lawsuit to boot!

I wonder if Valve is as excited as we are......if that is even possible.

Amathus said:
the file is called "Half life 2 base content"
wasnt the final counterstrike preload called "counterstrike base content"

This time its:

Half life 2 base content = 838mb
Counterstrike base content = 3.06mb

not sure what these means and why half life 2 is called base content.

any ideas?

Here's hoping this is the final preload :D

20% of the game (so far) is maps... One hell of a big game to explore :D

I've done 3.1% in 15mins, looks like i'm keeping my comp on overnight.

i think valve thinks its hilarious that we love preloads so much.

Valve did sign an agreement with Vivendi that they can't release HL2 over steam unless its on store shelves... grrrrr... now they are in that lawsuit and it could be who knows when

frusion said:
so really all they can do is release it...right? :|
Lets hope so. It'd be nice for me to come back from my Girlfriends sunday night only to find out Half-Life2 has gone GOLD and will be released over Steam that night :D

im sorry but if half life 2 were released this weekend, i wouldnt think about my girlfreind. i know its bad but its so true.

Woohoo! Brilliant news! Im gonna call over my filthy Irish lass and have another 4 hour session with her.

Gold soooooooon

Ren.182 said:
20% of the game (so far) is maps... One hell of a big game to explore :D

I've done 3.1% in 15mins, looks like i'm keeping my comp on overnight.

It's nice that they've sent us that, it means that the game maps are done and fully ready to be explored and played :) What else is left to preload? I mean, there can only be so much to download.

johnmedz said:
i think valve thinks its hilarious that we love preloads so much.

lol really. This must seem so commonplace to them. They've been drafting these things on the drawing board for so long now. They probably just want us to be able to get it all, the faster the better (at this point anyhow).

Lol i don't put games before my Girlfriend. but she lets me play them so its all cool!

I get to have fun with her ;) then play Half-life 2 :D

i like to play with my girlfreind while playing half life 2... the best of both world... well, half life 2 is a little better

Back