Saddest/most depressing songs ever

They did, it was in resident evil 1. Only difference is that it wasn't just made up for a video game based around slow motion shooting.

You're all emo's i tells ya!

But really, most of NIN's stuff is depressing. Except for the best tracks, like Hand That Feeds and Starf-ckers Inc, Wish, etc

Kouler said:
You're all emo's i tells ya!

But really, most of NIN's stuff is depressing. Except for the best tracks, like Hand That Feeds and Starf-ckers Inc, Wish, etc

"We're in this together now" and "Piggy" are 2 of my favorite songs from nin...there pretty inspirational and positive unlike most of NINs songs. And has anyone else noticed that trent says "nothing can stop me now" in a lot of his songs

Zeus said:
..."Piggy" are 2 of my favorite songs from nin...there pretty inspirational and positive unlike most of NINs songs

Despite it being overly-nihilistic and dripping with apathy? :p

Rem - Everybody hurts
Rem - At my most beautiful
NiN - hurt
Blink 182 - Adams Song (very much a teenage sadness thing though)
the Verve - space and time
readiohead - exit music (for a film)

Zeus said:
"We're in this together now" and "Piggy" are 2 of my favorite songs from nin...there pretty inspirational and positive unlike most of NINs songs. And has anyone else noticed that trent says "nothing can stop me now" in a lot of his songs

Qonfused said:
All NIN songs that has the lyric "Nothing can stop me now." (A shit load.)

(Posted in the "What are you listening to" thread.)

oldagerocker said:
readiohead - exit music (for a film)
do you remember in Father Ted when that depressed/suicidal priest who visited Ted and became 'born again', on his way home that song came on the radio and he started getting depressed again :LOL: that was teh funny

Frank Zappa - Watermelon in Easter Hay (anyone know this one? Saddest guitar ever) from the Joe's Garage album. When I listened to that album for the first time I felt deep for the poor guy that is Joe.

I find NIN a good listen but not really depressing.
The Floyd song containing "Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb..." is also high on my list as well as some Marilyn Manson.

Nine Inch Nails - Closer

Sad in a degrading sex kind of way :D

Radiohead - How to Disappear Completely (This song just brings me back to times when I've listened to this and it's struck a chord)

Radiohead - Life in a Glasshouse (Paranoia.)

Ben Folds - Fred Jones Pt. 2 (Probably the saddest song I've heard, especially considering Pt 1)

the "it" list

You people don't even know depressing.....it's depressing to know this.

here are a few personal favs...

1) Colin Hay - "I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You"
[ great for past loves and breakup kinda thing]
2) Senses Fail - The Ground Folds
[ good for the broken heart]
3) Pedro the Lion - Helicopter
[ ...just too sad ;( ]

if you're interested in more, just ask.

Lawyers in Love - Jackson Browne (SAYS IT NEVER STOPS)
bunch of other ones I can't be arsed to mention here

CKY - behind the screams. emo name, i know, buts it just a leet acoustic guitar instrumental. it plays on the documentary about one of their mates heroin addiction which makes it sadder i guess.

Metallica - fade to black
CKY - don't hold your breath
will ferrel - dust in the wind :p

Elizabeth On the Bathroom Floor - Eels

Everitt wrote that entire album just after nearly his whole family died. The whole album is really sad and depressing but this song is the most.

Disturbed - Darkness

Tis a sad and depressing song believe it or not, especialy coming from Disturbed
:D

Look no further than Shape of Despair. There's little more depressing than Funeral Doom (perhaps apart from the Droners - Khanate, Sun O))) etc.). Slow, atmospheric and chilling.

Really innocent children's music really makes me sad. I'm not kidding.

I think of children playing, yadda, yadda. Then I think of horrible things happening to them, like they come home to find their parents killed or something.

Help me.

Bjork - Gloomy Sunday (if you can handle her voice...eeeek)

Temple of the Dog - Say Hello to Heaven (song about Andrew Wood who died of a heroin OD)

Pearl Jam - Black (Mtv Unplugged version)

Alice in Chains - Down in a Hole

Alice in Chains - Nutshell

Blind Melon - Change

John Lennon - Working Class Hero

Janis Joplin - Summertime

Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses (depressing)

The Verve - Drugs Don't Work

Pantera - Hollow

Dancing With the Devil - Immortal Technique.

So depressing I almost threw up the first time. It's rap and I'm aware a lot of people don't like rap, but check this song out some time.

very very true, that song is hard hitting.
radiohead - pyramid song
joy division - love will tear us apart
anything by portishead
Samuel Barber - Adagio For Strings, Op. 11

hell yes.

following tracks by afx (aphex twin);
W32.mydoom.AU@mm
crying in your face
pissed up in se1
vbs.redlof.B

all on his analord LP's, quite hard to get a hold of, but it's damn well worth it. i think the fact that he used old analogue synth equipment that at times almost feels broken really accentuates the sad mood.

if you're into radiohead try "how to disappear completely."
that song hits the spot, man.

Sigur Ros - Untitled #1 on ()
The video is also depressing. They have it here.

Also, not so much sad as insanely beautiful: Anoice - Liange

a couple kinda depressing songs(gotta love the lyrics) are
Nirvana - "Something In the Way"
and
Nirvana - "Jesus Don't Want Me for a Sunbeam"

dfc05 said:
Sigur Ros - Untitled #1 on ()
The video is also depressing. They have it here.

Also, not so much sad as insanely beautiful: Anoice - Liange
yeah that sigur ros song is quite sad, never saw the video :|

Pearl Jam Black

Awesome song, also Come back on the new album is great and similar.

Temple of the Dog Call me a dog always makes me sad as I can relate to it.

Metallica One

Muse Unintended

I'll think of a few more soonish

Raxxman said:
Pearl Jam Black

Metallica One

Joke? :|... Gee, I guess people are effected differently by some songs. >.>

jimbo118 said:
yeah that sigur ros song is quite sad, never saw the video :|

The video for Hoppipolla makes me quite sad actually. Just the end part, when the old guy falls over and all his freinds are just looking at him as he stares at them for help. Of course, a couple of seconds later he grins and they help him up and its all fun and games, but it still saddens me at that part.

Pretty much everything by The Album Leaf is... well, it's not depressing, but beautiful in a sad, sweeping way. Almost like a slightly electronic version of Explosions in the Sky (another incredible band).

Besides that...
Don McLean - Vincent (thanks Angry Lawyer! :D)
A TON of stuff by Interpol (dunno why, it's just sad in an odd way)
Some of the Decemberists' stuff is weirdly sad...

OH SHIT! Iron and Wine has some of the most amazing, sad songs ever. Listen to "The Trapeze Swinger" and "Sodom, South Georgia"- but pay attention to the lyrics.

Sufjan Stevens is incredible. Listen to "John Wayne Gacy, Jr.", "Chicago", and "Casimir Pulaski Day".

And that's all for now.

The video for Evil by Interpol scares me slightly. Its an upbeat song, music wise, but its pretty sad for whats its about,

Replacements - Unsatisfied
Harry Chapin - Cat's in the Cradle
Live - Lightening Crashes
Clapton - Tears in Heaven

Early November - Ever So Sweet...

this song makes me feel like shit.

Back