Secret HL2 website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what the innercity.jpg exif window looks like. (Some things are hidden above but they arent too important)

Attachments

• exif.JPG
    exif.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 367
MaxiKana said:
Third time that's posted :p remember to hit refresh just before you post.
Been pressing to much F5 lately.... its broken now :cheese:

Ugh, you horrible horrible people! :eek:

I'm too tired to read the 10+ pages since my depature, any brief updates? :p

Chris_D said:

nothing new happened, only speculation

nothing really Chris_D... just ppl playin around with images as usual :p
on a side note: Evil^milk whats the whole "10cl" thiing about ? ive never Got it.

Chris_D said:

Not really, were reading exifs of the images atm, but haven't found anything yet. Except ducky, but that seems to have something to do with adobe photoshop and not this.

So where do the IPTC codes fit into all of this?

10cl = Ten Character Limit

Chris_D said:

Uhhh pretty much nothing, we are analyzing the images and stuff, finding some interesting things.

Like Valve used Photoshop 7 to make that InnerCity pic!

yeah but whats that all about ?
i just dont understand what its there for... whats it Mean?! :'(

Why don't you just come straight out and say it??

"Chris, we're sorry, we've posted 10 pages of spam in your absence." :p

Chris_D said:
Why don't you just come straight out and say it??

"Chris, we're sorry, we've posted 10 pages of spam in your absence." :p

YAY! someone else has ppp at 40!

Oh and I found another thing in Exif on InnerCity!

The image was made on June 18, 2004 at 7:00:55!!!

W00t!!!! :D

wha....

This thread has just about lost me.....

I left it for about 30 seconds and there were 2 more pages of stuff about images that i dont understand...... :monkee:

Anyway, i'm gonna let this insane hunt continue without me, as i'm going to bed.

Well best of luck n' all that, i'll continue to help tomorrow.

ARGH I have to eat dinner! Maybe I can bring my food up here, good luck guys! BRB in like 10 minutes tops!

MaxiKana said:
YAY! someone else has ppp at 40!
15 ppp...

I think 10 pages was an understatement. It was on about 11 when I left it.

Anyway, like I said earlier we'll have to close the thread if it gets too out of hand ;)

Like hell you'll close this thread...

*tosses snark toward Chris*

At least it's still on the topic of this secret "test" (well, just trying to find out anything about the second one). After 26 pages, on default settings, that's quite a feat.

Snarks are useless alone!

/me also chucks a snark at Chris_D

Ok Ok!!

So thats spam!

Back on topic....

I seriously believe that they hav'nt set another challenge yet. Allthough knowing me I am probably wrong. :p

Yeah, I think it's either not ready or we don't have the required information yet... but I'll still look anyway.

They'll probably post something new at the same time the first "test" was proclaimed.

marksmanHL2 :) said:
Snarks are useless alone!

/me also chucks a snark at Chris_D

Ok Ok!!

So thats spam!

Back on topic....

I seriously believe that they hav'nt set another challenge yet. Allthough knowing me I am probably wrong. :p

i think u have a point...
there would be no fun in throwing all the puzzles at the fans in a span of 2-3 days..
a better way to handle this stuff would be to spread it over a few weeks or something.. that way it keeps the fans interested and busy :)

plus now that all this puzzle stuff has happened, i expect some sort of puzzle from Valve closer to release :)

Merc didn't take a foto of the WHOLE board. If this wasn't on purpose (and I don't thnk so, why would someone have to write to Erik to get the user/password), there may be some information that got cut off and Valve doesn't want to break the suspense by saying: "Here's another picture of the board. Merc found it under his bed"

Da Dude said:
Somebody mail valve and ask if they already made a second test.. :)
Sombody compile all this image code info and email it to them!

Well... obviously they intended the first part... But I think we are just making stuff up now. I get the impression the shots we are taking are so long that Valve wouldn't even have put that much effort into setting a challenge. :LOL:

God I am too into this.

Check out what I found:

The JPEG quality of innercity.jpg is 00010100, which is binary for the symbol in which doesn't appear in this font, I have attached an image of it.

Now, someone find out what this symbol means!!

I am a pretty good detective! :D

Attachments

• symbol.JPG
    symbol.JPG
    764 bytes · Views: 354
5 dollars says they're reading this. I doubt that'll elicit (not illicit) any information from their end.

I see why Abom has "Welcome, to HalfLife2.net - it's not safer here" in his signature now. You're all so obsessed :D

I am too, it's great :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back