Serenity (Firefly) Trailer

SNAP! looking awesome, i wonder if it would help to watch the entire season before seeing the movie, anyone know if its necessary?

Icarusintel said:
SNAP! looking awesome, i wonder if it would help to watch the entire season before seeing the movie, anyone know if its necessary?

Yes! It will help alot! FireFly was/is one of the best sifi shows ever!

Icarusintel said:
alrighty then, i'll take your advice

you can pick season 1 for about $20.00 to $30.00 depending on where you look.
I highly recomend it! Good story, CGI, and hot women. :farmer:

actually watching the series will be a spoiler for it.. since the movie is the first series just improved and added upon. So watching the series you'll know what to expect for the most part.

The Dark Elf said:
actually watching the series will be a spoiler for it.. since the movie is the first series just improved and added upon. So watching the series you'll know what to expect for the most part.

Yeah but you will be like WTF is that guy? Or Where the F did they get the ship. Or why the f did they not do it yet?

thenerdguy said:
Yeah but you will be like WTF is that guy? Or Where the F did they get the ship. Or why the f did they not do it yet?
most of that is explained in the film. That was his intention from the start, so few people have seen the series, it made more sense to just start again, like Raimi did with Evil Dead II, basically remaking it and improving on it.

Could still watch the series, but the film will explain things the series didn't, and also introduce new things that the series never touched on. So things will be pretty different really.

Wow from the dvd extras he said that the movie would pick a few months after the last episode. (And i wouldnt say so few have watched the series, It had awsome DVD sales)

owell it looks good anyways

thenerdguy said:
Wow from the dvd extras he said that the movie would pick a few months after the last episode. (And i wouldnt say so few have watched the series, It had awsome DVD sales)

owell it looks good anyways
well he said he was basically remaking it, and judging by that trailer, much of it is a remake.. whats to believe.

The Dark Elf said:

Thanks for the tip. I've never watched the firefly series, only seen Buffy and Angel. I would of watched it if my parents didn't cancel the Sci-Fi channel. I guess I can watch the movie then possibly buy the DVD's :D

DEATH eVADER said:
Thanks for the tip. I've never watched the firefly series, only seen Buffy and Angel. I would of watched it if my parents didn't cancel the Sci-Fi channel. I guess I can watch the movie then possibly buy the DVD's :D
That'll be the best way now yeah, if it wasn't for the film I'd say watch the series first, but yeah I think the movie is definately geared to introducing new fans to it, who'll then go out and buy the DVD's to see more of it, pushing up the chances of a sequel or atleast a second series (we can hope hehe)

From what I've heard it's not going to be a remake of the series, but it will reintroduce the characters again (much like the second episode, "The Train Job" - in which Joss was forced by the network to make it the "second pilot" because apparently the first one was boring) so that it will appeal to a new audience as well as hardcore fans.

Zerimski said:
From what I've heard it's not going to be a remake of the series, but it will reintroduce the characters again (much like the second episode, "The Train Job" - in which Joss was forced by the network to make it the "second pilot" because apparently the first one was boring) so that it will appeal to a new audience as well as hardcore fans.
thats what i meant

Zerimski said:
Yeah, but it won't be rethreading old ground with it.
Introducing the doctor and his sister again, explaining the war and the relationships again, thats a good few episodes right there. The Bounty Hunter coming for River is in it, the Reavers I think are, the weird medical group thingy wanting River and hunting for her are in it, but with another guy being introduced. Being doublecrossed by that old woman. I recognised lots of shots from the series just with lots more gloss and even better FX (which were damn good to begin with but now look amazing)

Course if I'm wrong, the above wont be spoilers, hence no spoiler tags, because I couldn't possible know any details to spoil a film that hasn't been released yet... or do I?. Ahh :p

The Dark Elf said:
Introducing the doctor and his sister again, explaining the war and the relationships again, thats a good few episodes right there. The Bounty Hunter coming for River is in it, the Reavers I think are, the weird medical group thingy wanting River and hunting for her are in it, but with another guy being introduced. Being doublecrossed by that old woman. I recognised lots of shots from the series just with lots more gloss and even better FX (which were damn good to begin with but now look amazing)

Course if I'm wrong, the above wont be spoilers, hence no spoiler tags, because I couldn't possible know any details to spoil a film that hasn't been released yet... or do I?. Ahh :p

You suck :|

The Dark Elf said:

But it wont have them joining the ship, and it's a different bounty hunter called The Operative...

We can safely assume that Jubal Early died at the end of Objects in Space ;)

Also, I very much doubt Serenity will have the Patience incident, because it's set several months after the series ended. As evidence of this...

Inara and Book aren't on the ship any more. Inara has left to do her own thing, like she said she would do at the end of the series.

Zerimski said:
But it wont have them joining the ship, and it's a different bounty hunter called The Operative...

We can safely assume that Jubal Early died at the end of Objects in Space ;)

Also, I very much doubt Serenity will have the Patience incident, because it's set several months after the series ended. As evidence of this...

Inara and Book aren't on the ship any more. Inara has left to do her own thing, like she said she would do at the end of the series.
You mean you didn't spot Inara in the trailer? I couldn't fail to see those beautiful big eyes *drifts off and forgets what he was going to post* mmmmmm now thats a woman!

No but really, im just going off what he said when he started out working on this, and what guys have let slip over the course of production. I didn't work on it so I've no idea what is true or isn't, all I know is that trailer had a lot of familiar scenes in it, just updated and improved with a better budget and more time.

She's in the film..

But she's not part of the crew like she used to be, she's gone off to do her own thing.

Zerimski said:
She's in the film..

But she's not part of the crew like she used to be, she's gone off to do her own thing.
She was never really "part of the crew" though, she was renting one of the shuttles so Mal and his crew had a little more credability carrying one of her kind, she only really got involved cause of her feelings for Malcolm and that she was a generally nice person. That and they both benefitted from the arrangement. It was mostly a cheap ride for her, and relative privicy.

hmm, so is Jewel in it still? Or did they replace her, i didn't spot her in the trailer. I know though she went from being a nice person IRL to being a bit of a bitch after she got married, didn't hear anything about her after that, shame too I liked her.

She's still in it, you can see her briefly in the group shots near the beginning of the trailer.

kaylee.gif

Inara is no longer renting the shuttle though, that's what I mean by not being part of the crew.

Zerimski said:
She's still in it, you can see her briefly in the group shots near the beginning of the trailer.

kaylee.gif

Inara is no longer renting the shuttle though, that's what I mean by not being part of the crew.
woohoo yay she's still in it! :D

*drifts off again @ Inara

She is pretty goddamn stunning :D And Jewel has an absolutely crackin' pair of pins.

Zerimski said:
She is pretty goddamn stunning :D And Jewel has an absolutely crackin' pair of pins.
*cue jokes about Jewel fiddling with our engines anyday* ;)

Well.

It gets better.

As thus: The movie is very nearly finished. You've seen many pretty images in the trailer. But I've still got work to do and you've still got months before you can see it.

Unless.

And, no, I'm not talking Australia (but Hi, Australia! anyway), I'm talking here in the more-or-less-United States, a one time multi-city Browncoat sneak event. Thursday, May 5th at 10:00 pm, the movie (Serenity! Pay attention! Jeez.) will be playing at exactly 10 theaters in 10 cities across the country. You (or possibly someone much like you) (or possibly a robot EXACTLY like you, but with better manners and sonic arm-lasers, sent to take your place) will be able to buy a ticket to see Serenity months in advance. Not just the bitty trailer with not enough Kaylee and Book, but the whole film, in its extremely almost completed state.

You probably have some questions. How is this possible? What cities exactly will it be in? What are these changes my body is going through? All valid. It's possible because some clown put a bunch of Universal execs in a theater full of Browncoats and dude, they came out SWEATING, they never seen energy like that. They loved it, and even though they were already wicked supportive of the movie (see: earlier posts re: we're making the movie) they simply weren't ready for you guys. When I whinged on about pushing the date and everyone here was posting about "what do we do till September", they agreed to let me sneak it out.

Maybe they thought it was a fluke. Maybe they wanna see if people really do care about the flick. Or maybe they're just treating us with respect and kindness, though that last option confuses and terrifies me as much as these changes my body is going through (I'm "perspiring" and becoming "interested in girls", which believe me is very unsettling when you're 40.) Does it matter? The plan works for me, and it can work for a select bunch of y'all. Here's what I know:

The cities to be hit are:

Seattle
Austin
Sacramento
Boston
Altanta
Chicago
San Francisco
Las Vegas
Denver
The Portland of Oregon

If you're in or near one of those, you might wanna stop by. Now a couple of us might just creep into one of those major metropolitan multiplexes to see if anyone does show up, so remember: swearing in Chinese ONLY.

Even though I've never seen firefly, I got Nathan Fillion's autograph anyhow. The reason for this was because I went to a Buffy/Firefly convention, and he made a cool badguy in Buffy :thumbs: .

DEATH eVADER said:
Even though I've never seen firefly, I got Nathan Fillion's autograph anyhow. The reason for this was because I went to a Buffy/Firefly convention, and he made a cool badguy in Buffy :thumbs: .
he was better in two guys and a girl LOL no really, he was good in that :)

Yeah, those are just advanced screenings. It's going to be released in the UK in October.

Back