sHm0zY's Valve Tour & Play test!

Damn, I forgot about HDR. I can't stand it anymore.

Which cards support that? Is that a DX9 feature? It's been so long since I saw any info on it.

Homercidal said:

Which cards support that? Is that a DX9 feature? It's been so long since I saw any info on it.

Yes, it's direct X 9 only.

SilentKilla said:
I didnt know you could just pick things up and throw them?? (flame me if you want)

Edit:: i see some of you guys didnt know either hehe

But most did.............hehe? ehh....no :flame:

:rolleyes:

Homercidal said:

why cant you stand hdr?

My bad. I meant I couldn't stand reading all the great things about HL2!

I got a 9600Pro which supports DX9 so hopefully I'll be able to see the HDR features.

I gotta go home now. Work sure is tiring when new game info is released! ;-)

Cya!

Homercidal said:
My bad. I meant I couldn't stand reading all the great things about HL2!

I got a 9600Pro which supports DX9 so hopefully I'll be able to see the HDR features.

I gotta go home now. Work sure is tiring when new game info is released! ;-)

Cya!
Yeah hdr is awesoem you will get hdr with your 9600 pro =D
Cya!

Hey Shmozy,

Quick question. Not sure if you got this far in the game , but did the combine when you shot them show any kind of feedback basicallly letting you know you were actually hitting them. Did they just have blood splatter decals and then just die or did it look like the bullets as they were hitting them have an effect on them?

to my knowledge he only was able to move around at the intro.. before he gets taken away by the combine

Surfer2374 said:
Hey Shmozy,

Quick question. Not sure if you got this far in the game , but did the combine when you shot them show any kind of feedback basicallly letting you know you were actually hitting them. Did they just have blood splatter decals and then just die or did it look like the bullets as they were hitting them have an effect on them?
yes the bullets had an effect of them. blood splats.

EVIL said:
to my knowledge he only was able to move around at the intro.. before he gets taken away by the combine
Nope.

Did you get to set the graphical options?
If so, how did you configure it?
What were the specs of the machine you played it on?

sHm0zY said:
.. the combine are jerks. I stand there and if i don't get out of the way they push me. so I picked up a box and threw it at them.. then they chased me and beat me with there stick thing that shocks me, I walked around and this combine knocked some pop can off a table and he was like PICK IT UP so I did..... AND THREW IT AT HIS FACE!!!! and then he chanced me forever beating me =(
:LOL:
Now I want Half-Life 2 badly.

Tredoslop said:
Did you get to set the graphical options?
If so, how did you configure it?
What were the specs of the machine you played it on?
I didnt set any of the graphics but they were great.
we played it on a alienwear computer so im gussing it was pretty good.

I didn't get to save the game...

sHm0zY said:
Yes the actual game has the roof top in it. but without the aunt lion that dosent move.

OH MY GOD. I really rate you man i REALLY do.

WOW i am so hyped right now,

Doesn't mean there won't be a quick-save feature.
Remember, it's not his computer so Valve probably didn't want him messing up something.

And Valve put quick-saving in Half-Life, what are the chances they'll change that in Half-Life 2.

Shmozy,

did you ask about the weather in HALFLIFE2. I mean Does hl2 has dynamic weather system or not ? Also in the HDR roof scene did you look at the skyscaper, how does it look from that distance ?

thanks

Gorgon said:
Shmozy,

did you ask about the weather in HALFLIFE2. I mean Does hl2 has dynamic weather system or not ? Also in the HDR roof scene did you look at the skyscaper, how does it look from that distance ?

thanks
I didnt ask about the weather.

But the sky scraper looked great fromt the distance.

Quick saves are in the game because quickloads are. If you paid attention to the 04 E3 trailers you would hear gabe say he would be quickloading right now(when the buggy was half on half off the cliff)

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

Congratulations, my friend, you have made my signature. It's seeming like there is no possible way that this game could be bad. :D

ZoomaCLW said:
Congratulations, my friend, you have made my signature. It's seeming like there is no possible way that this game could be bad. :D
haha YAY!
Im honord
There is no way any of you here will not like the game.

sHm0zY said:
yes the bullets had an effect of them. blood splats.

Nope.

Did the bodies jerk around at all in response to bieng shot? I mean while the combine is still alive?

Was Gabe smiling before and after you took the picture as well? Or was he 'mediatrained'...? ;)

Shmozy, firstly good work.

secondly, I am so jealous. The move with the can is a piece of gaming genius, did the combine soldier lay off after a while or did you run? what did they say, like "hey you!" and then whack you, what did they say when they stopped attacking?

did you crowbar anyone? lol

playing HL2 and on an Alienware all in one day... DAMN!
well written up, I wouldn't have done as well. dont spoil all of the surprises though even if you get pm spammed to. : )

"We went into the steam room, With the guys that made steam. marc asked us if we had any complaints we should tell them now. I said no. and there like are you SURE and I said yeah.. I don't have any problems with steam.."

Er u joking right??
WON was far more pick up and play
jeez pity it wasn't me that met them

btw large post, I will prob lose my reply come tomm morning :p

ne-waller said:
Shmozy, firstly good work.

secondly, I am so jealous. The move with the can is a piece of gaming genius, did the combine soldier lay off after a while or did you run? what did they say, like "hey you!" and then whack you, what did they say when they stopped attacking?

did you crowbar anyone? lol

playing HL2 and on an Alienware all in one day... DAMN!
well written up, I wouldn't have done as well. dont spoil all of the surprises though even if you get pm spammed to. : )

I dont remember what they said when they stoped atackign because I was runign away and throwing stuff at them at the same time.

yes i crowbared many people =D

JANER said:
"We went into the steam room, With the guys that made steam. marc asked us if we had any complaints we should tell them now. I said no. and there like are you SURE and I said yeah.. I don't have any problems with steam.."

Er u joking right??
WON was far more pick up and play
jeez pity it wasn't me that met them

btw large post, I will prob lose my reply come tomm morning :p

Yeah i moved from 1.5 to 1.6 awhile ago so i didnt care about it.

Z|insane... it's not an exactly hard one to make, c'mon. Loosen up alittle.

Edit : Oh good. Everyone is friends ! ;)

yeah, and everyone's reading about Shmozy and Z|insanes strange love/hate relationship :p
lets get it back on topic !

oldagerocker said:
yeah, and everyone's reading about Shmozy and Z|insanes strange love/hate relationship :p
lets get it back on topic !
haha yeah :LOL:

shmozy i was wondering how do u get to go to valve? do u just call them and they will set up a tour time for u?

did the roof top look like it did in the movie? if not was it less shiny or more?

Back