sHm0zY's Valve Tour & Play test!

RogueShadow said:
It's a mis-spelling of

Gigawatt. But the pronunciation is jigawatt. so it's ok.
From Back to the Future for those of you who wondered.

Well, no. It's pronounced 'Gigawatt'. You don't say 'Jigabyte' do you?

Unless you yanks are going all American on the English languge again. :sleep:

Harryz said:
Just read through the thread, cool. :D Your the man sHm0zY.

Since everyones asking questions - Were there scanners flying around, did it feel like a living/breathing world?:D
Yes It felt as if i was there, the scanners are anoying tho they take so many pictures of you. its frun to throw stuff at them lol.

Mechagodzilla said:
Also, since you saw every creature, was there really a flying headcrab or is it just a myth?
i duno!

The interactivity of the game world sounds very cool!

So my question is, based on the little bit you played, did it live up to Doug Lombardi's claim that "everything in the game is a physical object" or were there certain props that appeared to be glued to the scenery?

Mountain Man said:
The interactivity of the game world sounds very cool!

So my question is, based on the little bit you played, did it live up to Doug Lombardi's claim that "everything in the game is a physical object" or were there certain props that appeared to be glued to the scenery?
Yes It was fun playin with everything.

Nice!... I hope it will come out... like before Sept 13th. :|

yeah he was an ass hole he walked saw me looked at the soda can and smacked it and was liek PICK IT UP lol

When you start saying people in a video game are acting like assholes, then you know you made an amazing game.

I can't f*cking wait. :cheers:

all of the people who use valve avatar are gay...and blahblah`s avatar is the gayest of all.

SubKamran said:
When you start saying people in a video game are acting like assholes, then you know you made an amazing game.

I can't f*cking wait. :cheers:
haha yeah!
that made me laugh man.. it really felt like i was in city 17

sHm0zY said:
haha yeah!
that made me laugh man.. it really felt like i was in city 17

Was the train ride as good as the train ride in Half-Life?

Harryz said:
Was the train ride as good as the train ride in Half-Life?

The train ride was like this.

You see the G-mans eye and you have seen his speech about it being a long time you're time has come again and stuff, and then the "halusination of the g man" fades away and you are at the train station

Off that topic. I got to see 1 strider walkign past with the combine. It was sooooooooooo big man i was scared of it.

sHm0zY said:
no it dosent hurt when they hit you because you dont have the hev suit

You mean you don't see the amount of damage you take because there is no HUD. But it definately hurts.

Anyway... I guess we know all they are willing to release now. This trip contained NOTHING new to me. Even the can throwing was something I read/heard before (You (as player) are supposed to pick it up and put it in a specific bin. If you put it in the wrong bin, the combine will slap you as well. I believe that info came from a developer interview where they explain how models know the exact location of objects and such.).

man you have got to be the luckiest person i know!!

HMM dunno if i am sure about the halusionation of the g-man at the start is a good idea....Naaah im sure it will be gr8!

WOW so u can pic up anything? when u pick like a box/can. do u see gordan Holding the can/box with his hands?

man i cant wait. i am going to take my time SOOO DAM MUCH on this game! wondering around picking things yup. u name it im going to do it! i spent hours playing with that FLASH version of a skeleton ragdoll! so when the game is out im gonna just play/talk/see everything!

Shmozy.

can i be a pain and can you tell us in ALL DETAIL about the moment you first played the game to the moment you stopped (it wont spoil it for us because valve wouldn't want it to spoil it for u) so tell us all!

i mean graphics/sounds/gameplay feel to it/ keys/ music?/ how to talk to people/ phsics

please it will make alot of people want to read it and make the forum environment have a happy great excited feel to it again...

one more thing.....check this out hehehe :D

link

http://ecard.veepers.com/service/RetrieveCard?id=bcTRycxX2bgK8CslMrMkvG

now it works!!! click here heheheh :D

404 ERROR:

The page you are looking for could not be found...

commando said:
man you have got to be the luckiest person i know!!

HMM dunno if i am sure about the halusionation of the g-man at the start is a good idea....Naaah im sure it will be gr8!

WOW so u can pic up anything? when u pick like a box/can. do u see gordan Holding the can/box with his hands?

man i cant wait. i am going to take my time SOOO DAM MUCH on this game! wondering around picking things yup. u name it im going to do it! i spent hours playing with that FLASH version of a skeleton ragdoll! so when the game is out im gonna just play/talk/see everything!
YO ucant pick p anything the heeavy thigns you need the manipuler(ehh) for

DeltaBlast said:
You mean you don't see the amount of damage you take because there is no HUD. But it definately hurts.

Anyway... I guess we know all they are willing to release now. This trip contained NOTHING new to me. Even the can throwing was something I read/heard before (You (as player) are supposed to pick it up and put it in a specific bin. If you put it in the wrong bin, the combine will slap you as well. I believe that info came from a developer interview where they explain how models know the exact location of objects and such.).
Im sorry i didnt hack there computers and get all the new information you want. I had fun and I wanted to share my expereince with you guys.

commando your rok man, that was awsome. :)

by the way what tool did you use to do it ?

Gorgon said:
commando your rok man, that was awsome. :)

by the way what tool did you use to do it ?

when you go to his link, at the bottom right it says create. all you have to do is upload an image, it will tell you what to do to make it lifelike, its pretty easy!

gorgon man... it is so fun and easy First go here

http://ecard.veepers.com/service/Start

then click on CREATE at the bottom corner :D

then it will ask u wat picture you want to choose (CLICK BROWSE) if you want to use your own picture!

then just simply read the EASY tutorial on how to do each bit! :D

you will love it when it comes to typing what you want to say and voices and so on!!

commando said:
Shmozy.

can i be a pain and can you tell us in ALL DETAIL about the moment you first played the game to the moment you stopped (it wont spoil it for us because valve wouldn't want it to spoil it for u) so tell us all!

i mean graphics/sounds/gameplay feel to it/ keys/ music?/ how to talk to people/ phsics

please it will make alot of people want to read it and make the forum environment have a happy great excited feel to it again...

one more thing.....check this out hehehe :D

link

http://ecard.veepers.com/service/RetrieveCard?id=bcTRycxX2bgK8CslMrMkvG

now it works!!! click here heheheh :D

THe graphics = amazing the water is so real and everything looks awesome.

GamePlay = great It really felt like i was gorden freeman =D
Sound = awesome when you run on different surfaces the foot steps sound as if you are runing on the same thign in relal life.

Music = WHoever did the music did an awesome job the music was jsut right for the things you are doing
(when you put the hev suit on the music that plays is bad ass)

People : I talked to one of the people that make the facial animations and the body movement and stuff. all the charecters seem so real like when they talk to you they talk like someone would talk to you in real life (i cant explain it realy good) but yeah they moved very realistic.

Physics: everything was like real life liek how stuff acted in water i jumped on the edge of this boat and it fliped on me and when i shot a combine he rolled down the stairs like someone would do in real life.

LOL @ us all, this is funy................ :LOL:

thx all. I can't stop laughing

sHm0zY said:

Sound = awesome when you run on different surfaces the foot steps sound as if you are runing on the same thign in relal life.

Music = WHoever did the music did an awesome job the music was jsut right for the things you are doing

People : I talked to one of the people that make the facial animations and the body movement and stuff. all the charecters seem so real like when they talk to you they talk like someone would talk to you in real life (i cant explain it realy good) but yeah they moved very realistic.

Physics: everything was like real life liek how stuff acted in water i jumped on the edge of this boat and it fliped on me and when i shot a combine he rolled down the stairs like someone would do in real life.

DUUUUDE that is sooo awsome!

sounds like you go to play loads!!

i mean when you said about the hev suit and boat! man how much of it did u get to play!?

also

GORGON
LOL @ us all, this is funy................

!

MAN how cool is that site! hahahah love it!

Shmozy,

First of all, many thanks to you for bringing the joy to our community again.

Now, what is/are the most thing/s that got your attention to ? ;)

commando said:
DUUUUDE that is sooo awsome!

sounds like you go to play loads!!

i mean when you said about the hev suit and boat! man how much of it did u get to play!?

also

GORGON
LOL @ us all, this is funy................

!

MAN how cool is that site! hahahah love it!

I only got to play for like 20 - 30 min i did'nt get too fac cuz i was bussy playin around with stuff lol

sHm0zY said:
I only got to play for like 20 - 30 min i did'nt get too fac cuz i was bussy playin around with stuff lol

man you are like me. i mean when i get my hands on half life 2 i am going to be spending HOURS ON END just playing around/talking to everyone. and exploring! i dont care how long it will take me to finish!

Man i dont want to rush through it! the last thing i want to do is play as fast as i can to complete it! im going to take all the time in the world!

thanks for all the info.

can you go up to anyone and just start talking to them and they will say different things all the time???

commando said:
man you are like me. i mean when i get my hands on half life 2 i am going to be spending HOURS ON END just playing around/talking to everyone. and exploring! i dont care how long it will take me to finish!

Man i dont want to rush through it! the last thing i want to do is play as fast as i can to complete it! im going to take all the time in the world!

thanks for all the info.

can you go up to anyone and just start talking to them and they will say different things all the time???

Im not sure i jsut talked to people and left lol

sHm0zY said:

How were the shadows?

Any improvment there - or were they just like they were in the videos?

overall, do the videos and screenshots do the game justice - or playing is everything? ;)

commando said:

thanks for all the info.

Yeah I remember way back last year we have a thread on how you are going to play HL2. Most people will get into exploration, taking as long as it take to try everything.c ;) :p :) :sniper:

lans said:
How were the shadows?

Any improvment there - or were they just like they were in the videos?
I did'nt really look at the shadows but there is shadows!

lans said:
overall, do the videos and screenshots do the game justice - or playing is everything? ;)
I dotn understand what you mean.

what he means is..

all the screenshots you see of the game... Well does PLAYING the game.. looking at the game while playing it look BETTER then looking at a screenshot.

commando said:
what he means is..

all the screenshots you see of the game... Well does PLAYING the game.. looking at the game while playing it look BETTER then looking at a screenshot.
I think it looks better because the game is in motion.

as for the high res blink videos the game looks way beter than that.

Back