sHm0zY's Valve Tour & Play test!

I'm wondering if they edited the beginning just for visitors. I mean, I doubt they would have the Gman just talking then, bam, you're in the station.

My thought is that they just cut the beginning sequence in order ot keep it a surprise. Perhaps there is a lengthy train ride, like in the first one. They just didnt' show it...

Homercidal said:
I'm wondering if they edited the beginning just for visitors. I mean, I doubt they would have the Gman just talking then, bam, you're in the station.

My thought is that they just cut the beginning sequence in order ot keep it a surprise. Perhaps there is a lengthy train ride, like in the first one. They just didnt' show it...
I wouldent be surprized if it was differnent when I play it at home.

Oh, I forgot... Shmoozy, you ROCK! I wish I could go and check the studio out like that. I'd be curious to see them at work on a daily basis.

Plus, I hear that "Kellie" is a hot one! ;-)

Homercidal said:
Oh, I forgot... Shmoozy, you ROCK! I wish I could go and check the studio out like that. I'd be curious to see them at work on a daily basis.

Plus, I hear that "Kellie" is a hot one! ;-)
haah ohh yeah ;)

Kind of odd they didn't want to let you see any spoilers; others have been playing different parts of the game. Then again, they showed you all the monsters.

I wished they would complete those designs, even if they aren't really used ingame, it'd just kick ass to see that buttcheek headcrab turn up in some easter egg (cfr my chumtoad!). Also, I hope that the intro is as long as in HL, or even longer, but that you can skip it this time... it got damn annoying after the 10th time around.

Rygir said:
Kind of odd they didn't want to let you see any spoilers; others have been playing different parts of the game. Then again, they showed you all the monsters.

I wished they would complete those designs, even if they aren't really used ingame, it'd just kick ass to see that buttcheek headcrab turn up in some easter egg (cfr my chumtoad!). Also, I hope that the intro is as long as in HL, or even longer, but that you can skip it this time... it got damn annoying after the 10th time around.

They just shoed me drawigns of them

This is great. Thanks. Wonder if there are any secret messages on these white boards?

sHm0zY, how did you get this tour anyway? I *live* in Seattle and I've never even thought of going down there to see if I could get in.

Okay, some real questions now ;)

*Did you see how you will get HEV power? (will there be power outlets of some sort that you can interact with or something?) (might be a spoiler, so don't forget the tags :p)
*Did your gun lower with NPC's in front of you?
*Did you notice any errors? (not bashing HL², but I was wondering if there were still obvious clipping errors and stuff like that)
*How about shadows? (If you used your flashlight did it cast shadows? And the famous guy on the bench at the train station? You know...)
*Did you see any severing of limbs and stuff like that?
*If you used aux. power (flashlight, sprinting), how fast did you ran out of it, and does it recharge by itself? (In a recent screenshot we saw aux power stacking on the HUD as if you picked something up that recharged it instead of it recharging by itself)
*Was the crowbar the first weapon you got, and where did you get it? (spoiler?)
*Did you get to use squad commands? (if so, how did they work?) (spoiler?)

That's it for now I guess...

poseyjmac said:
what can i say im jealous! glad it was a cool experience, dude. here is a shmozy ecard all in good fun!

http://ecard.veepers.com/service/RetrieveCard?id=kkr5GZpX2bgvTCslMrMkvG

Normally these things aren't funny - but Shmozy's red eyes contributed to the effect. ;)

DeltaBlast said:
Okay, some real questions now ;)

*Did you see how you will get HEV power? (will there be power outlets of some sort that you can interact with or something?) (might be a spoiler, so don't forget the tags :p)
*Did you notice any errors? (not bashing HL², but I was wondering if there were still obvious clipping errors and stuff like that)
*How about shadows? (If you used your flashlight did it cast shadows? And the famous guy on the bench at the train station? You know...)
*If you used aux. power (flashlight, sprinting), how fast did you ran out of it, and does it recharge by itself? (In a recent screenshot we saw aux power stacking on the HUD as if you picked something up that recharged it instead of it recharging by itself)

That's it for now I guess...

I think he just played the first level...

*Did you see how you will get HEV power? (will there be power outlets of some sort that you can interact with or something?) (might be a spoiler, so don't forget the tags )
Yes there is power outlets. they are pretty much the same but they look different.
Yes
no
The flash llight was great i did not look at shadows that closely but they are there. and the guy on the bench that says don't drink the water?
no its hard with a pistol and a crowbar
Im not sure but i know you're flashlight ahs a power gauge.

You will jsut have to see for you'resellf

no i didn't

This may have been asked before, i didnt read the whole thread, but when you pick up an object do you see Gordons hands hold it? can you put it down instead of throwing? and if there are no hands, how is it held, in the centre of the screen dues ex style?

oldagerocker said:
This may have been asked before, i didnt read the whole thread, but when you pick up an object do you see Gordons hands hold it? can you put it down instead of throwing? and if there are no hands, how is it held, in the centre of the screen dues ex style?

Yes this has been asked many times. ;)

no you cant see his hands it flosts in the air

and the guy on the bench that says don't drink the water?
I think so... I've included screenshots of what I meant.

Also, the shadows go through the benches and display on the ground.. noticed anything of that?

Attachments

• shadowmistakes.jpg
    shadowmistakes.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 435
DeltaBlast said:

Also, the shadows go through the benches and display on the ground.. noticed anything of that?
LOL i never noticed that i shoudl have seen if they fixed it. im pretty sure they did.

DeltaBlast said:

I suggest mailing that to Rick.

I just got back an email from him a minute ago, so that must mean he's checking his inbox - who knows he might "accidently" answer it? ;)

Shmozy,

Did you notice the HDR technology during your gameplay ?

Gorgon said:
Shmozy,

Did you notice the HDR technology during your gameplay ?
Yes
you know the hdr hl2 demo thing
i got to the roof tops.

Shmozy, I respect anyone who is pro-active enough to seek out the game they love. Did you fix your grammer and spelling in the origenal post though?

Just an idea. Could make a great post better. You have to admit it's not just any old post, it's your account of the VALVe trip.

One question: Do you think all that junk food was out there for you guys or there in general?

sHm0zY said:
Yes
you know the hdr hl2 demo thing
i got to the roof tops.

But did you see it in-game?

as in the actual game - not that roof top demo.

Also, did the FPS drop becuase of HDR being enabled?

High Dynamic Range

Relates to lighting and how it is displayed upon objects. Basically, accurately represents the wide range of intensity levels found in real scenes, ranging from direct sunlight to the deepest shadows.

Do they only allow 14 year olds visit Valve nowadays? Seems like everyone who has gone on a tour has been in Junior High and can barely speak English. Might be a decision on Valve's part to ensure an overwhelmingly positive review as it'd be much easier to overwhelm and impress a kid than it would an adult. I know nearly all of the Valve Visit recounts have included a lot of "It was that thing with the thing" kind of descriptions that show a lack of understanding for game development or the technology behind it.

Fallout said:
Do they only allow 14 year olds visit Valve nowadays? Seems like everyone who has gone on a tour has been in Junior High and can barely speak English.
good one man. you're funny

wtf are you talkign about they didnt knwo how old i was and what grade i was in.

all they siad was coem on down dumb ass

Personally, I thought SHmozY's post was pretty informative and fairly well written, considering this is an Internet Forum where spelling and grammar are generally not only accepted, but often intentionally twisted.

I notice that he answered almost all questions, keeping some information for fear of spoilers and admitting when he didn't know. I'd be excited to visit their offices too and I don't know that I'd do a better job of noting things and taking pictures myself.

And, I'll add that I'm a long way from 14!

Of course, I'd have better spelling and grammar but that's just me. I've long since given up on proper spelling and grammar on Internet Forums.

lol nice one shmozy! dont listen to that guy. he is just as jelious as we all are. im in the uk here. if i was able to somehow get a trip there i so would go! your are sooo the man

Makes no sense why people pick at one's grammar and spelling. Sure, if the post is garbled and completely incomprehensible, then informing the individual would be warranted. The fact is, in this situation, sHm0zY's post was not only comprehendible, but full of interesting information. This is a forum, not an editorial. Keep the whorish-tendencies to yourself.

lans said:
But did you see it in-game?

as in the actual game - not that roof top demo.

Also, did the FPS drop becuase of HDR being enabled?
Yes the actual game has the roof top in it. but without the aunt lion that dosent move.

Back