sHm0zY's Valve Tour & Play test!

Good job Shm0zY :thumbs: Shame I'm the UK else I'd email VALVe asking for some promo material :) I wonder if they have any case stickers? Still, the CS:S BETA starts today, at least I'll get to see the Source engine in action!

sHm0zY said:
They push you back
owend

I mean is it possible to move them in any way while you have no weapons or can they not be pushed by you no matter what?

Just read through the thread, cool. :D Your the man sHm0zY.

Since everyones asking questions - Were there scanners flying around, did it feel like a living/breathing world?:D

I noticed in the picture with you and Gabe (w/ your friend) Your eyes are red but the others are normal, are you evul?

Oh, and what does it look like when you pick something up? Do you see your arm? =]

AlaskanStewie said:
I noticed in the picture with you and Gabe (w/ your friend) Your eyes are red but the others are normal

Old cameras do that.

And thanks for sharing shmozy :thumbs:

AlaskanStewie, your question was answered like three times if you read the thread. It said it just floated in front of you.

Nice stuff SHm0zY!

You really should be able to give those combines a good o'l fisting if they start to act hard and bully you! :LOL: That would be MINT!

sHm0zY said:
LOL The lighting in this game rocks!
have you played it? NO!
im sure doom 3's lighting is way better huh? I can play doom 3 in real life *turns off light*

BTW the hl2 flash light is bad ass
So true, its all dark ! So u rearely can enjoy the lightning effects. HL2 is much more vivid, my style no questions asked. :bounce:

Well, that's the biggest spoiler for me so far..now I know the beginning of the game, thanks.

(spoiler tags..?) Why do I have to say this and why don't you do this yourself..

Furthermore nice work and it must have been a cool trip :)

Xenome said:
Well, that's the biggest spoiler for me so far..now I know the beginning of the game, thanks.

(spoiler tags..?) Why do I have to say this and why don't you do this yourself..

Furthermore nice work and it must have been a cool trip :)

Erm, the E32004 video?

Harryz said:
Erm, the E32004 video?

I didn't know that was the beginning, it could be just a part of the game, but I had a feeling it was, so it's not that bad.

Btw what a bad move of valve to show the BEGINNING of the game, that should be kept secret :O

THe WOW effect of first starting the game is gone with that...oh well, I guess that the e32k4 video was meant for press and die-hard fans anyway..

But, NICE REPORT, and good info :)

---

btw, those whiteboards are fake I think, don't you guys?

FiRem00 said:
What's a white bored? :dozey:

Don't know, and welcome to the forums! We can always use extra spelling nazis. Just kidding :LOL:

Illegal Amigo said:
AlaskanStewie, your question was answered like three times if you read the thread. It said it just floated in front of you.

Nehh, I am living off spare cafene cells hidden deep within me or something 0_o.. So I got to like page 9 or something and decided to just post... >.<

Oh lordy no! Not another whiteboard!

I am very glad that picking stuff up uses the "use" key. Keeping the controls simple = good.

How were the shadows in the game, of the characters and such? Any sign of dynamicness?

Also, since you saw every creature, was there really a flying headcrab or is it just a myth?

un0x said:
gotta love the latex suit :LOL:

Yeah - seems like valve is listening to those graphic whores who want plasticky graphics... :devil:

Damnit - Breen looks like a platic figurine now.

Super-duper job, man, you're my hero.

ROFL at the whiteboards, "night alf" and the old Gordon. :S

The old gordon rocks

So you threw a can against of of those guys. And they beat you. For how long? And after some time they just let you walk away or something?

ericdrobile said:
*possible spoiler*

since we don't see Dr. Breen's lower half, thats a pretty good indication that we never see him in person.

If you read the title of the model, they say it was a for the monitor.
So you never know.

-TaNaKa- said:
The old gordon rocks

So you threw a can against of of those guys. And they beat you. For how long? And after some time they just let you walk away or something?

No, the combine have no life and beat you 24/7.

Rafa 5.0 said:
"A jiggawatt, what the hell is a jiggawatt!!"

It's a mis-spelling of

Gigawatt. But the pronunciation is jigawatt. so it's ok.
From Back to the Future for those of you who wondered.

Awsome, I have been out for a day, and alot of things changed. LOL is the forums changed or is it just me ?

Hehe, So what is the sum up of this thread. 16 pages is alot. Could someone just sum it up. Cheers

Gorgon said:
Awsome, I have been out for a day, and alot of things changed. LOL is the forums changed or is it just me ?

New forum design. :)

Go down and choose the "blue style", easier on the eyes!

My god...

Bah, I spose this was to be expected if I insist on sleeping for 10 hours...

Can someone please please please summerise any important info discovered throughout this thread. Please!

lol i like the fact even valve can make fun of there delays!

marksmanHL2 :) said:
My god...

Bah, I spose this was to be expected if I insist on sleeping for 10 hours...

Can someone please please please summerise any important info discovered throughout this thread. Please!

You can pickup things and throw them, for example at the combine at the start of the game. They react by hitting you with their stick.

The combine are aware when you look at various objects, such as a soda can which one knocked over, then said "PICK IT UP".

The game looks very polished and load times are low.

The start of the same is the Gman, then the train area as seen in the demo.

When's HL2 released? "Very soon" - Gabe.

When asked about porting HL mods to source, Gabe mentioned HL deathmatch.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

SLH said:
You can pickup things and throw them, for example at the combine at the start of the game. They react by hitting you with their stick.

The combine are aware when you look at various objects, such as a soda can which one knocked over, then said "PICK IT UP".

The game looks very polished and load times are low.

The start of the same is the Gman, then the train area as seen in the demo.

When's HL2 released? "Very soon" - Gabe.

When asked about porting HL mods to source, Gabe mentioned HL deathmatch.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Thanks! Thanks alot! :)

grat work :)..

Can anyone spot any more "tests" on the whiteboard?

Back