Your thoughts on a DOD:S Machinima?

• Don't care to help, but I'd watch it.

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • I like the idea.

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • I'd help (please specify):

Votes: 38 31.1%

• Total voters
We've only got a little basic first script for part of the first episode right now so it shouldn't be a huge problem.

I still don't know what you think of it. :p

I told you it was fine! But we need to think of a different story now. I'll write a few short ideas and have them by tomorrow, you do the same, then we'll figure out which one we want. We're aiming for a less-developed characters and more drama and action for this, to get the hang of the engine. 8-18 minutes in length preferably.

I like the idea of a shorter movie first off, I have learned from making various g-mod comics and VBS programs that its always better to start small!

My friend with the german accent has said he would enjoy doing some voice acting (I haff vays off making him tok, so to speak), so do you have anyone lined up for acting/voices yet or are you still looking?

We've got no voiceacting or acting positions really filled yet as we haven't needed to figure that out yet, so he's welcome to work on it.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow around then. lol, not even kidding too :(

:| So... what's the progress with this project? I haven't been able to keep up-to-date.

Ennui said:
I'm just leaving school at 8PM GMT.
Well, I stay around at until 10PM GMT (sometimes 11PM)

ailevation said:
:| So... what's the progress with this project? I haven't been able to keep up-to-date.
The project is already finished. You can find all the episodes here : Link

Beerdude26 said:

:cheers: GG'z.

Beerdude26 said:

That was the worst ****ing machinma I have ever seen!
Kill yourselves now. :|

:p

Well, i now have DoD:S so whenever we start recording this let me know :thumbs:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! I WON'T LET YOU DIE!!!!!!
*begins bashing face on keyboard*

*stares in amazement at the blood-soaked keyboard in the realization that /me has re-created Sulkdodd's entire script in a just a few moments of head bashing*

Ill help, i can map. Ive mapped for OverTheCounterStrike (OTCS) machinema.

I was thinking...

Is it possible to NOT use an idea that's already been dug to the core? I mean, the whole "band of brothers" war thing has been done so many times I really can't see a way to be truly original with it. Can't we do something original? Like a machinima following the adventures of two german deserters, or about an american sniper left for dead who manages to find his way home, killing famous german officers in the process and changing the fate of major battles before they even take place.

I know those are crazy unpolished ideas, but I'm just not excited about the current plot premise.

TheSomeone said:
I was thinking...

Is it possible to NOT use an idea that's already been dug to the core? I mean, the whole "band of brothers" war thing has been done so many times I really can't see a way to be truly original with it. Can't we do something original? Like a machinima following the adventures of two german deserters, or about an american sniper left for dead who manages to find his way home, killing famous german officers in the process and changing the fate of major battles before they even take place.

I know those are crazy unpolished ideas, but I'm just not excited about the current plot premise.
Oooh I love the American Sniper thingy

It's going to be something different now we're not doing an entire series isn't it?

/me thinks

This smells like a big fat tombstone, if such a thing indeed has a smell.

I'm up for playing an extra...

Can we please do this? Even if we end up not editing it or not even getting enough footage, we'd have so much fun making it!

TheSomeone said:
I'm up for playing an extra...

Can we please do this? Even if we end up not editing it or not even getting enough footage, we'd have so much fun making it!
Well, we've got the server, but we don't have a leader D:

Ennui is too busy on ZM

Maybe after we're finished with ZM (Which is never, because ZM will be popular until the end of time)

:p

Hi, I'm BlisteringFreakachu, and I would like to be a movement actor in the DoD:S Machinima you're making.

I am in a Realism Unit with over 60 men. I can speak for all and say that we would love to help out. We have a 1.6 server and a Source Server.

I am T/5 Coletto

Please go here http://www.506th-pir.net

and make a post in our Fourms.

Also please contact me. My sn for aim is iz3r

and my email is [email protected]

i z 3 r said:
I am in a Realism Unit with over 60 men. I can speak for all and say that we would love to help out. We have a 1.6 server and a Source Server.

I am T/5 Coletto

Please go here http://www.506th-pir.net

and make a post in our Fourms.

Also please contact me. My sn for aim is iz3r

and my email is [email protected]
That's a very nice offer. Perhaps when we get back into this thing (God knows when, if at all) we'll be in contact.

Slight necro here but I thought I'd mention that I'm setting up a Machinima team myself and I'd be happy to at the very least share my technical knowledge with you guys, and if I manage to get hold of some decent voice-actors, share them with you as well.

ZoFreX said:
Slight necro here but I thought I'd mention that I'm setting up a Machinima team myself and I'd be happy to at the very least share my technical knowledge with you guys, and if I manage to get hold of some decent voice-actors, share them with you as well.
No worries about the thread revive :)

You should talk to Ennui about this, it was his idea and he has a general outline of the idea about how we were (are? :O) going to do it.

I would have unstickied it if I was a mod in this section, but I'm not.

Anyway, I was thinking about this last night and I'd still like to do it sometime, particularly when the new DOD:S effects are released.

Yeah, those effects look awesome. I'm recruiting voice actors at the moment, hopefully start recording late Jan.

This sounds like it could be great.

I don't have DoD:S yet. Is it possible to incorporate the material from that into a single player experience, so you can take advantage of the lip-syncing and scripting of the normal game?

possible, but not probable. the sp models are already set up for facial animations and lip syncing. i don't think the dod:s models have that same setup on their mesh since they never needed to speak.

an experienced modeler could probably set it up right, but you or i or the average joe just can't bring a dod model into face poser and start working. just my guess tho, i've never looked at a decompiled dod model yet.

We'll ask the Zombie Master team when they're done owning their cats ;)

Oh BTW Fragalishus I don't understand shit about your "demo camera work" article you wrote in the Valve Wiki :|
Very thorough though, just can't understand it :p

RabidJester, i don't think it's possible to use faceposer and whatnot with the DOD:S models, which is a massive shame because it makes the whole thing a lot harder.

Beerdude26 said:
We'll ask the Zombie Master team when they're done owning their cats ;)

Oh BTW Fragalishus I don't understand shit about your "demo camera work" article you wrote in the Valve Wiki :|
Very thorough though, just can't understand it :p

that's understandable, seeing as how i never wrote an article on the wiki. all i did was post a link to a video tutorial.

Back