• I like the idea.

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • I'd help (please specify):

Votes: 38 31.1%

• Total voters

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
In connection with the "State of the Site" thread, myself and a few other people have decided we'd like to at least try and start up a community project - namely a day of defeat source machinima.

Discuss whether you like the idea, if you'd help, and what you could do. I'll probably help direct as well as coordinate the project.

Im definitely down for being part of it. Dont know how much help I can offer with filming or editing, but you can count on me to be an actor/body.

I'll act and contribute ideas whenever I can. I have a mic, and a computer that can run DoD:S with good FPS. I also have a great connection.

And if you ever need pixel art... ;)

Can you explain what it will be about etc. I will join if it seems interesting.

I'll help if I can, even if its hosting just writing an article about it.

I'll be getting DoD:S in a couple of weeks and would be up for being having a bit part in it.

Really think this is a good idea chaps

I will help as an actor or what. I don't think i can do anything else. Unless anyone happenes to be a good teacher

What are you talking about, a movie with DoD clips?

The_Monkey said:
Can you explain what it will be about etc. I will join if it seems interesting.
We'll figure that out when we've got some people interested.

Machinima (ma-sheen-ih-ma) is films made entirely in a video game engine. kind of an underground no budget movie internet thing. machinima.com for more info.

I think it sounds like a pretty sweet idea, and would love to help. I just bought DoD:S like three minutes ago though, and don't know what all I'd really be able to do in it.

Ennui said:
We'll figure that out when we've got some people interested.

Machinima (ma-sheen-ih-ma) is films made entirely in a video game engine. kind of an underground no budget movie internet thing. machinima.com for more info.
Sounds neat. Count me in.

Awesome.

Keep it coming people, we need actors, voice actors, editor(s?), perhaps music, anyone with prior experience in a real machinima, etc.

/me PM's tfg

I'd do some voice acting, but my mic sucks ass and most of ya wouldn't be able to understand me anyway :eek:

In addition to what i mentioned in "State of the Site" thred, we could perhaps do a monthly/bi-monthly piece and send it to the PC mags for them to have it on their DVD's, thoughts?

I'm for it, I guess. I'd like to contribute... but I can't.

Like the sound of it as far as community building goes- not sure how I could contribute, but I can hang around in the threads and spread encouragement ;)

Ooh ooh, pick me, pick me, I wanna come and blow heads off. :D

Thats errr, acting btw. :)

Sounds cool :) I'd like to help out, not sure what I could contribute though. I'm gonna get DOD:S tonight

even if you can't contribute (tho we'll need actors), everyone will help shape the story and come up with cool ideas. so you can all help.

Yay :D

Come on guys, this has potential if everyone sticks with it :)

Im a media student i think my ideas could really help out

Hmm... acting! That's something I could pitch in.

Great idea Ennui!! :D

If you need another extra to stand in the back and get shot, just let me know. :)

"Don't care to help, but I'd watch it."

If it's a big download then I'm not watching it :eek:

I've not got dod: s, or the time and drive to do this

I'd be happy to act/voice act

I'm also decent with photoshop

I can be an actor if you want I have a microphone i dont know how i can contribute i could possibly do some weak story boards, as i have an interest in art, but just run the idea to me.

I like to write so if you ever need help with writing dialogue or something I wouldn't mind helping. Long as I get mentioned in the credits :).

Crushenator 500 said:
"Don't care to help, but I'd watch it."
I've not got dod: s, or the time and drive to do this
Me too buddyroo, i find it hard enough to ever fit in playtests for zombie master, college and social lives dominate.

I'm a pretty nifty writer or opinions guy, I'll tell you if it sucks or not, if you can catch me not away on msn Chris then i'll do what i can for your cause. Good luck with that :)

I can act....that's about it. The only problem is I work most nights :(

i'd just get a kick out of hearing you noobs on mic :p

I might be able to do some voice-acting. However, I don't have a mic.

I could also help with dialogue or some other writing-related field.

Yeah good idea, and when The Movies comes out we could do a machinima for it too!

It's nice to see a lot of people are interested.

I could act, but to be honest with you, this might turn out shitty unless each person is skinned a bit differently.

Ennui said:
Awesome.

Keep it coming people, we need actors, voice actors, editor(s?), perhaps music, anyone with prior experience in a real machinima, etc.

/me PM's tfg
I am definetly in.

You're not doing the voice acting inside the actual game right? That would be ridiculous.

No. Perhaps if we were making this a few years ago - however, that is unacceptable these days.

Back