So it looks like Episode 2 has no new guns.

I almost guarantee we get a hunting rifle w/ scope for sniping. What else would you find in a cabin in the woods?

if we run into alien grunts that have gone native, we could see the return of the hornet gun. I love those godamn hornets, let me save almost all my ammo for the nihilanth the last time i played.

Your mom's got no new guns. Doesn't mean she's not still fun.

if we run into alien grunts that have gone native, we could see the return of the hornet gun. I love those godamn hornets, let me save almost all my ammo for the nihilanth the last time i played.
The thornet gun (it's called that at one point in RtB god damn it!) doesn't seem to be detachable, at least not when it's been on for a while.

I wonder if we'll be seeing the return of the pheropods? With all the Antlions we've seen in the trailers, surely getting some bug bait would help to alleviate things.

I want there to be more Xen creatures (Houndeyes, Bullsquids, Alien Grunts etc.) in the woods, fighting the Combine! Imagine a fight between a Gargantua and a Strider!

I wonder if we'll be seeing the return of the pheropods? With all the Antlions we've seen in the trailers, surely getting some bug bait would help to alleviate things.

Along with the fact there seem to be some Vortigaunts underground with the Antlions.

Since TF2 has the new "fire" for the Pyro, the Cremator will be back, or we'll at least pick up a flamethrower from a dead cremator...

I'm expecting some sort of new gun, but one any of those announced. Am I the only one who remembers during Kleiner's rant on the Breenscreen about them engineering new weapons technology? I'm sure Valve hasn't forgotten about that...

I'm sure he was talking about 'Mech' type things. Mere weapons technology won't defend Earth from the Combine...

What mech type things? That would be pretty sweet though, Aliens style, mech vs. antlion guard. zomgsekxz

they should put the Slams into the game IMO.

also anyone other than me who wants to take out a strider by tying up its legs- Starwars style?

we should get crazy weapons like in op4. Eating people with barnacles was awesome and using all those guns and melee weapons. That game had good stuff in it. But too crazy.

I already find the machine gun and crossbow to be fairly gratuitous. The Grav Gun, Magnum, SMG, Shotgun, and Rocket Launcher pretty much fulfill your basic weapon needs. Were there to be a new one hopefully it would be more of a utility.

New enemies and environments is so much > new weapons.

Honestly, I think the lack of new weapons is sort of a weakness. HL2 definately lacked in this department (a fairly vanilla arsenal) so it was something I was hoping they'd beef up. The gravity gun is awesome, but I wish there were more things like the Guass gun from HL1 that did neat things (the powered up guass shot could put a blast radius through walls). I know the buggy had a "guass gun" but it wasn't really the same. There's so much potential, and this "well, we made the gravity gun which is the coolest thing ever so just be happy with that" attitude is a little offputting. Weapons, like it or not, are primarily how the player interacts with the world. Adding variety is important. It doesn't have to be shotgun#345. It can be something creative. Just get on it!

For new weapons to be justified, we also need new and beefed up enemies. I want more than just the baby antlions and Hunters. Also, I don't want another generic shotgun, but something more creative as was already said. This is an FPS afterall, new challenging enemies, and worthwhile weapons are part of the formula for keeping a franchise fresh.

But, I think this is needless worrying. The release of Ep2 is several months away. I doubt we have seen all that Valve has in store for us.

"well, we made the gravity gun which is the coolest thing ever so just be happy with that" attitude is a little offputting.!

Considering what Valve have said about the Gravity gun in EP2, it is rather obvious they don't carry this attitude.

Guess I don't remember, but what did they say about the GG in EP2?

How about a hot glue gun. You can burn people and stick them to the ground.

I basically paraphrased something I read from them in an article on that GG comment. They poo-poo'ed the idea of having more weapons and played up the gravity gun. If they've said something different about it, I'd like to hear it.

All I want is the assault rifle from earlier versions of Half Life 2. I would rather have it than the pulse rifle, that thing has no ammo capacity.

I know VALVe said they took it out because it was unbalanced or something, but they are smart and I'm sure they could figure something if they had the time.

I want an Immolater (should the Cremater return), and apart from that I don't care. We did have new weapons in Episode One, eg. Flares, freindly rollermines etc. More gravity gun ammo is fine by me, its a lot more creative than, say, an AK-47 or a sniper rifle. :sniper:

All I want is the assault rifle from earlier versions of Half Life 2. I would rather have it than the pulse rifle, that thing has no ammo capacity.

I know VALVe said they took it out because it was unbalanced or something, but they are smart and I'm sure they could figure something if they had the time.

It was cut because it was cut in real life. Besides, it was poo.

Did it say anywhere that strider busters where GG ammo or are people just guessing, I don't remeber reading that in the article.

It was in that pc gamer article. The intial "icon" was also showed - a pumpkin , they used it because they first test the thing gameplay wise and if it's good enough they make a real icon for it.

Apos , the strider busters are GG ammo.

Ok, so even more my point. New guns aren't their thing. I think that's too bad. It's not like I'm asking for yet another shotgun. I'm asking for something interesting like the guass gun. Having the gravity gun is great, but in way it also only underscores how vanilla and mundane the rest of the arsenal is.

I have a question, what was wrong with the organic weapons in the orginal HL's, barnacles and hives? A new organic weapon, I would not mind at all.

The rest of the arsenal is a little boring, but it adds some style too the game. If it were the gravity gun, a pistol, and a rifle, then yes I would be a little upset, but they give you weapons which work well sometimes and not so well others, they have uses as well. I think the aresenal is fine, and though lacks some pizazz and is overshadowed by the gravity gun, works well with the games many areas.

Arsenal is fine as it is to be honest. But regardless, we will see new weapons in Episode so.

If Crab Synths become enemies then maybe will ge one of thier miniguns :naughty:

New weapon: a dismembered Vortigaunt paw with which Gordon can blast enemies with green vort-zap

Back