So it looks like Episode 2 has no new guns.

Why not? They worked, and they'd fit into the story a lot better then 'AK-47 for everyone!!!'

Hmm... We're in Eastern Europe. We're part of a resistance movement and havent got AK-47s. Now I believe that theres just something wrong with that. It makes a lot more sense that a Gauss gun.

What's the problem with bringing old weapons back?

We've already used them. Wouldn't you rather get new ones?

Hmm... We're in Eastern Europe. We're part of a resistance movement and havent got AK-47s. Now I believe that theres just something wrong with that. It makes a lot more sense that a Gauss gun.

Like you said "We're part of a resistance movement". That means that we have to use whatever is avalible to us. The Combine have butchered are forces, and assimulated our technology (including guns). Aside from that the resistance is run by scientists who invented Tau Cannon(note, not Guass gun).

Like I said , they could make a twist in the way the old weapons work.
I would rather have new weapons , if indeed there will be but if we have one or two then I would want some old weapons back too. Plus , you won't have to make up some reason to why we have those weapons again.

We've already used them. Wouldn't you rather get new ones?

Like you said "We're part of a resistance movement". That means that we have to use whatever is avalible to us. The Combine have butchered are forces, and assimulated our technology (including guns). Aside from that the resistance is run by scientists who invented Tau Cannon(note, not Guass gun).

Exactly, they scrounge their weapons, so whatever the Combine have, the resistance will have basically, if they can get their hands on it. Things like the gauss cannon would be very limited, and the tau cannon would be much too heavy to lunge that thing around, thats a mounted weapon. I would expect that eventually, even though im happy with the weapons already there, there will be 1 or 2 new weapons, and whatever they are they will be what they have got off the combine.

Now stop going on about it, wait and see

I think he means Tau is the proper name, not Gauss.

I wouldn't mind more gravity gun ammo if they did something more than just the "fire it at an enemy and it explodes / hits them" thing. Like attaching grapple wires so you can fire one, it wraps around a strider's leg and stays attached to your grav gun, then you fire another round another leg and take it down star wars-style (like I think someone else said).

I wouldn't mind new basic grav gun ammo, but there needs to be something more.

Actually screw all that give me a retractable harpoon gun... "GET OVER HERE!"

I kinda miss gibbing with the Egon Gun... that was fun.

There needs to be some weapon of that same magnitude. HL1's spirit lay in gibbing and then basking in the black humour. In other words, AWESOME.

Back