So Thursday comes...

S

SD1

Now then, anyone optimistic of some new news? Or do you think we'll be shafted again??

SD

nah they'll keep to their word this time, they will have the bugs sorted that would ave ****ed up the release

hopefully....
:D

Personally I wanna see as little HL2 footage as possible. I'm trying to not hype this game up that much.

Originally posted by jbscotchman
Personally I wanna see as little HL2 footage as possible. I'm trying to not hype this game up that much.

hmm.. then why are you vising this forum? .. weird...

SD

I'll see all the videos. I have pretty strong faith in Valve. Way they kept the media to themselves over all these years is a good sign. It won't be a bad game, that's for sure. It will be alright, good or amazing.

I dont know what will happen if not today...UPROAR everywhere !

All it really shows is that they hit a snag with Steam, make of it what you will.

vavles problems is they set unrealist realease dates for short term things suck as movies and such. The only reason that they have delayed CS:CZ for so long is it switched developers serveral times.

The enthusiastic gamers among you can only hope that this isn't to foreshadow something

Hoo you mean like the Game slipping till Early next year..:(

lets hope not :)

Originally posted by GOoch
The enthusiastic gamers among you can only hope that this isn't to foreshadow something

Hoo you mean like the Game slipping till Early next year..:(

lets hope not :)

Gives us chance to upgrade our PCs :p :D

lol

Personally, I think its 100% gaurentee we wont seem them today and 90% chance they wont be here any time this week.

SD

Not organized? Sorry to break it to you but releasing some videos to make a bunch of forum whores happy is probably pretty god damn low on the list of important things to do.

Ya. What we fail to realise is that no one outside of these fourms really cares. At all. Or even knows about the movies and their supposed release date. As far as I know Valve hasn't even made an official announcement on the date anywhere so why should they try to hit a deadline?

-Straylight

i forgot it was even thursday lol. i was opening steam to play some CS and i was like 'OH YEAH!!'. but they werent out yet :( its still really early though. maybe they'll be ready when im done playing :) *CS'n*

Originally posted by Straylight
Ya. What we fail to realise is that no one outside of these fourms really cares. At all. Or even knows about the movies and their supposed release date. As far as I know Valve hasn't even made an official announcement on the date anywhere so why should they try to hit a deadline?

-Straylight

You must be insane to believe that only the people of these forums are excited about HL2 and its media. If Valve believed that this forum and the steam forum contained the only fans/anticipating gamers, they would most likely call it off and stop. The game is going to sell millions of copies, not thousands. Think about it.

Originally posted by BoS
You must be insane to believe that only the people of these forums are excited about HL2 and its media. If Valve believed that this forum and the steam forum contained the only fans/anticipating gamers, they would most likely call it off and stop. The game is going to sell millions of copies, not thousands. Think about it.

i think what he is saying is valve only gave a date for the release of the movies to some people in the chat and in a few e-mails. The e-mails where only shown on these forms, so he is saying that only people who come to these forms would know about that. and as for the chat. i think MOST of the people in the chat are also part of this forum.

Now that post that shows the e-mail has like 80,000 views, however i know personally that i have been there like 15 times to check for updates. so lets say maybe 10,000 different people read it. and lets say that each told someone. and half the people they told really care, and assuming everyone who visited the thread really cares. that gives you 15,000 people who know that they where supposed to release the media Monday, and then it slipped to today.

While 15,000 people is a lot, your right in saying it will sell millions. So comparatively not that many people who are fans or who will be fans and buy the game know about the movies being out today (maybe) ;) so in that light its probably not there top priority to please the 15,000 of us who know about the date, at the risk of messing up the whole distribution of the movies and potentially alienating millions.

Well they should be out at arond noon... west coast time.. thats my guess... 2:00 central :( boo..

If they dont come out today... I dont know what i'll do!

nietzsche gives me hope for hl fans.. luckily they aren't as immature and insane as this board makes them seem. btw.. what is the hex (i think) in your sig for?

Hey, sorry to get only slightly off topic but, is there another way to get Steam other than through a FilePlanet subscription? I find it hard to believe that everyone on this forum has paid the money to get Steam there.

I've tried searching Kazaa and Shareaza with no luck...can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Are you guys still actually hyped about some 2 month old videos? First announcement had me excited, the delay til Monday had me somewhat thrilled. Tuesday I was like whatever. Wednesday came and went I thought why bother. Today, I am more concerned that it's been 2 months since E3 and 3 months since HL2 was official announced and still no MP information. Video footage of some mp action or an announcement on what will be included in the multiplayer part of the game is all I am looking forward to now. The SP can wait til it's released before I want to see any more footage of it.

It seems they're keeping their cards close to their chest with regards to MP. Hopefully thats a good thing.

cant remember where i got it from, sure as hell didnt pay for it,
try searching google for steam 2.0 some sites have it for download

Originally posted by trantjd
Hey, sorry to get only slightly off topic but, is there another way to get Steam other than through a FilePlanet subscription? I find it hard to believe that everyone on this forum has paid the money to get Steam there.

I've tried searching Kazaa and Shareaza with no luck...can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
it's a free program..
http://www.computergames.ro/download.php?optiune=show_download&did=823

didn't you try googling it or anything?

I think the main reason they are delaying is so that steam works just fine when they are released so people who get steam to get the videos arnt dissapointed with steam. Because they really want steam to be a success and not just a way to get videos.

My theory. Oh and why are we excited. I dont know, cos it means we get to see Exactly what the game looks like or cos there mgiht just be new media sooner than we hoped to make up for delays, who knows. I just want it :p

I'm still seeing:
[12:24] * Now talking in #Steam
[12:24] * Topic is 'Steam IRC Support || http://steampowered.com/forums/ || HL2 Media Late Thursday (USA Pacific time, GMT-8) || Do NOT PM the Ops'
[12:24] * Set by [AoL]Ren|work|USA on Thu Jul 10 11:26:07

I've been away for a while. Did Gabe say there would come new info today?

besides i'll wait because i want steam and the movies to be bug free...who want to be downloading the videos off steam and all of a sudden 95% through the download, it crashes? No me. I want them to take their time and get this right.

Hwo do you know what version of steam you have I just donwloaded steaminstaller.exe...

Originally posted by MIWojo11
Hwo do you know what version of steam you have I just donwloaded steaminstaller.exe...
it should update once you install and run it.

Considering the delay and I think it was hinted somewhere in chat that there might be new videos available after the new old ones, Valve might decide to release some new content videos along with the higher-res old ones. It would be enough to make me forget there was a delay at all.

i think my steam has got a problem.... under the "my games" entry" it lists counterstrike, although i even have not got half-life installed, despite any mods...

You dont need half-life installed. You can download from steam for free :cheers:

yeah but why does it say that i have got counterstrike? i dont have it installed... and i own the original hl, no need to download it for me :)

either way you guys have to remember that these videos are important to them, they want us to see them they just want to make sure they do it RIGHT. Valve is obviously about quality and not quantity, they are working on their second video game! I can't wait to see the video either but I am sure that valve won't release it until they know everything will run smooth. It will be less of a headache when it comes out. These videos will be mirrored on TONS of sites and thousands will be downloading it, they don't want something to be wrong with it and then make everyone have to redownload and make sure no one shares the screwed up version. We should be lucky that they will talk to us on such a personal level, there are tons of game developers that don't care what we have to say at all, they just want our money. You guys know how good Valve is or you wouldn't be hanging in this forum, trust that they will take care of us, even if it means waiting a little longer.

Back