Steam can't connect ?

NikolaX

Tank
Reaction score
i try to play cs:s , and steam cant connect ? is server down ?
here :

It was ok till now..

yup me to, and i just talk to a online friend and he cant connect also. update i guess.

Same here. Better be for a good reason like VAC or a massive update.

I didnt pay £40 to see a ****ing error screen.

I can't connect to Steam either. This is ridiculous - down in the middle of a Saturday????

Is anyone able to play HL2 right now? Because I'm getting the same error stated by Nikolax

Come on, it's the weekend, the only days when I can actually play some games, why must you die on me now!!!!!

PS: Phew, at least it's not just only me.

Bah. Same here. I'm sorta glad everyone can't get on. At least I'm not alone :p Who knows...maybe they're updating.

Heh, thought it was just me as my internet crashed and its not accepting my Steam password.

I did get an update around 2 min ago though, but that might have been because I deleted my clientregistry.blob.

I can't believe there is no way to play SP offline. This is just ridiculous. WE PAYED TO PLAY THE FREAKIN GAME!!! Right now there's about 2 million people sitting in front of their computer screen getting PISSED. Someone needs to file some kind of lawsuit against steam. They can't tell us on our day off that we can't even play a SP game.

BMORIN said:
I can't believe there is no way to play SP offline. This is just ridiculous. WE PAYED TO PLAY THE FREAKIN GAME!!! Right now there's about 2 million people sitting in front of their computer screen getting PISSED. Someone needs to file some kind of lawsuit against steam. They can't tell us on our day off that we can't even play a SP game.

I do agree with that, once you have anthenticated the game once, there's no need to do it again. Gotta love piracy protection.

And guess who the only people are that can play HL2 right now? Exactly. Steam is showing us why it is better to have a pirated version after all - so you can play it.

realy stupid for steam not to give people to play SP HL2...
cant do offline mode... :angry:

but on steam status page show it is ONLINE !??

man im so bored now we can talk about this gay problem unless steam really wants us to play halo thats y its down microsoft bribed valve

Hey giant, one quick little question? Just noticed your stats, how can you have a Pentium 4 Celeron?

same problem....bull****, yeah how can they do this on a friggin weekend.

They've pissed me off so much, but i can't stop playing hl2 or CS:S, dammit

I'm getting the "Steam is having trouble connecting to the Steam servers." error message.

GAAAAH

glad to know i'm not the only one - sorry, didn't mean that in a dick way, just glad to know it's valve and not me

Same problem here, great time for it to happen I agree.
And theres no way its gonna be an update for those who suggested that, dont get ur hopes up.

People are obviously still playing. Its just it seems you cant sign in if your not already there.
Valve should remember we payed for this game.

Some people able to logon it. Shows the majority cant.

It cant be an update. Cause your able to actually login to your account for updates to come! And doesnt give error screen such as "Your steam account isnt able to connect to our CRAP servers*

I can't believe how long this has been especially since they never gave us news that it was going to be down and haven't said a freakin thing since it has been down.

Heh, dont get pissed off and hod down enter, I just got 5 or 6 boxes saying that my order wasn't complete, and Ive owned the game since day 1 :(

Zelnaga said:
Same here. Better be for a good reason like VAC or a massive update.

I didnt pay £40 to see a ****ing error screen.
lol, try telling that to people who play MMORPG's who paid that kind of money to buy the game PLUS the monthly fee who end up with alot more server downtime than we have.

It isn't back up at all.... at least not for me.
This has been going on for a ridiculous amount of time with no word from Valve.

The Mullinator said:
lol, try telling that to people who play MMORPG's who paid that kind of money to buy the game PLUS the monthly fee who end up with alot more server downtime than we have.

Unlike them they get thier subscription extended. Example of Blizzard WoW where the server crashed due to the amount of people logging in.

Steam is not a MMORPG. Example would be Half Life 2. Its a single player for gods sakes, and obviously we cant play on it cause we have to use login to steam (offline mode doesnt work aswell)

Zelnaga said:
Unlike them they get thier subscription extended. Example of Blizzard WoW where the server crashed due to the amount of people logging in.

Steam is not a MMORPG. Example would be Half Life 2. Its a single player for gods sakes, and obviously we cant play on it cause we have to use login to steam (offline mode doesnt work aswell)
They only had their subscription extended because in WoW they were getting ALOT more downtime than just 1 day.

Besides, even if they did get their subscription extended for every little bit of downtime then it wouldn't matter for Half-Life 2 anyway since we don't pay a subscription fee. However my point would still stand because on average MMORPG's still have far more downtime relating to the servers than the Steam network.

Also I just thought I would say that this downtime isn't happening for all of the Steam network, I connected just fine.

yeah, not up for me either...this really is some bull****, i can't believe they treat us like this...i mean, at least ACKNOWLEDGE the friggin proble, say SOMETHING so we know they know ya know??

obno2damax said:
yeah, not up for me either...this really is some bull****, i can't believe they treat us like this...i mean, at least ACKNOWLEDGE the friggin proble, say SOMETHING so we know they know ya know??
What good would that do? Besides would you rather they state the obvious and say something is wrong or spend their time trying to fix the problem?

i guess it's just me then, but i take SOME comfort in them acknowledging the problem and explaining it, yes. it would take them 2 seconds to write something on the webpage and if that means that it takes them 2 seconds longer to fix the problem, then i say so be it

When you got a million people trying to play it, it is probably a good idea to take 2 seconds to tell people what's going on and a possible time window to expect delay

This stinks

I just bought HL2 and was very surprised about this akward steam registration - (especially the terms for it). Well i accepted and just as i thought - Problems,Problems,Problems,Problems.
During installation the registration of the CD-key failed - so now i have an lokal? account but no registration -and no icon to re-enter the aborted procedure. What shall i do? Unistall the whole shit? Try to make a new account? Try to log in on the half finished acount?
This stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If anyone have a advice im greatful.

The last time I had this error others did too at the same time. I was told to run WinSock fixes and it did not help, and after doing everything the support pages said, I re-installed steam and It still did not work. The next day it worked...randomly. Pffft.

Atleast I'm not the only one now, I feel much better that it's probably not my PC.

EDIT: Grammar fixed.

So, is it just me or does your account not register as existing!?!

jesus christ, do any of you people speak english?? if you do, you should all seriously TRY and fix your grammatical skills, because it's damned hard to read what you're all trying to say...

Back