Students took trip to Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
RoguePsi -- resident pessimist (er, about.. strikeman)!
But no, I see no reason why he wouldn't be the real deal, especially since he's offered a description of the video(s?)

*gives a cookie to cutey kaite, g0rgon, AJM2K3*

Oooooooooo....that is some nice stuff to speculate on. i saw on one of the pictures that they are going to finish a final model of Breen. What stage of game development are final models created and put in to games?

Yes. what is written on that whiteboard is interesting, but I did notice this as well...

What could it possibly be?

Attachments

• T-Shirts1.JPG
    T-Shirts1.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 391
Everyone (including me) naturally assumes it's a TF2 shirt

It's a Team Fortress shirt, and I will have one. Oh yes, I will.

Anthraxxx said:
Yes. what is written on that whiteboard is interesting, but I did notice this as well...

That's gotta be TF2. It's the TFC flag anyway.

RoguePsi: As a forum staff member there are ways I can check the validity of Strikeman and I can confirm he is who he says he is.

Anthraxxx said:

That is a soldier with his shotgun out carying a flag - from TFC

The plot thickens once again... i think we better thank our spies we sent in posing as studends for all the info they found out!!!!!!

Strikeman, you posted on the OC Crew website that you all had over a GB of stuff.. any chance of getting some more pics of the whiteboard and the T-shirts? (or just all of the pics! :) ).

<dutch>
Anders kom ik ze wel halen :LOL:
</dutch>

And the big deal is the fact that this IS Valve, not some magazine that visited Valve.

*rubs hands* my precious *evil laugh* :devil: :p

comeone everyone keep speculating and we'll have more replies than the "info from valve only" thread by the end of the night :D

Edit: Strikeman..... man......man.....man *echo*

ouch i did not have any idea of the fact that all of you would franticly jump onto the one whiteboard photograph I decided to publish and not edit. Anyhow, please read my last explanation

btw, what is all the fuss about ? PCGamer.DE has already quoted Valve saying the game will be a summer release; afaik that'll be between the 21th of June and the 21th of September; even if 6/3 was a date (and again, i'm sure it isn't) it wouldn't really be a problem, would it now ?

ok, now, for the vids description, let me go through them.

1. A move where you see more of the headcrab movement (there is 1 movie you should be able to download that comes with the article, it's at the bottom of the article; if it isn't there it'll be there tomorrow). the detail of its movements is pretty nice. their bones system is pretty neat too.
2. aaah. the movie of the movie :) this movie shows the (not-yet-completed) new E3 movie shown to us in Premiere; as said, not ready :)
3. a little show of what the outdoor looks like; there's a helicopter hovering above you (also mentioned in the article) and the ample water on the ground splashes when bullets strike down next to you
4. some ingame halflife 2 action with the rocket launcher.
5 & 6. are two movies of a cutscene where the woman character meets up with a doc and they talk to Gordon who's shown on a TV . What's intresting is that they showed us how they made this cutscene; The stuff you see on the little crammy TV (it shows Gordon somewhere else in the compound) is an actual 3D scene on it's own.
7. hehe, the car trap. I could spoil it all, but I won't spoil a thing. It's helluva funny thing :) ask all you want about it, I won't even give a clue.
8. a guy (infected with a headcrab, so it's actually more of a zombie) coming closer and closer ... the headcrabs are well, pretty hefty in HL2 :) there's 3 sorts :)
9. the gas trap. also very funny, especially when done the first time on a test subject. no spoilers here either.
10. ah, ah show of the tool shed. lots of stuff to pick up and throw with in there. What's intresting is that it shows that as good as everything in HL2 is it's own object; you can almost literally pick the toolshed completely apart. When you bomb a piece of the wall, there will be a hole in the wall :)
11. this movie actually showed how hard it can be for a PC to keep on track when there's lots of objects that interfere with each other :)
12. last movie, the movie that's online. the headcrab with the bones and stuff.

you know, i feel like posting some more photos.
give me a few minutes !

Please take care in discussing some of that new information.

There will be quite a few, (myself included) that won't want to know about it.

Strikeman is teasing the living crap outta us..

On purpose? :)

ahhh almost read information i didn't want to see... that was close..... i better go blind myself to prevent further problems

Strikeman said:
5 & 6. are two movies of a cutscene
where the woman character meets up with a doc and they talk to Gordon who's shown on a TV. What's intresting is that they showed us how they made this cutscene; The stuff you see on the little crammy TV (it shows Gordon somewhere else in the compound) is an actual 3D scene on it's own.

you are not gordon? you see him on a monitor? what's going on?
???

Now I'm confused... This is really strange, or Strikeman is lying.. :|

maybe he meant, the doc and the girl talking to you on a tv.

CrazyHarij said:
Now I'm confused... This is really strange, or Strikeman is lying.. :|

could u add more to that so I/WE can understand what you mean :|

there has been rumours that during parts of the game you control Alyx :|

I hate those spoiler things... i have to implusively read them... D#mn you obsesive comuplsive disorder.

sorry about that, i didn't really know how spoiler tags work; didn't really think it spoiled something.

and I was mistaking Gordon for somebody else but I can't remember who.

lol, there should be an option for spoiler tags, much like quotes, for a description of the spoiler

spoiler goes here
Something like that.. hmm, maybe I should add this to the HL2.net forum

Chris_D said:
there has been rumours that during parts of the game you control Alyx :|

If that is true, the game is already ruined :angry:

what sort of other pics do you have strike? any thing really really juicy? (that won't get you killed by one of Gabe's henchmen aka "Combine Assasin"

I always mistake someone for something that they might of been in a "round-a-bout" unorganized mistaken way. Did that make sense? No? Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back