Students took trip to Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
CrazyHarij said:
You didn't check the spoilers, did you?

I did, but I couldn't find anything odd. Clear things up a bit CrazyHarij............. ;(

CrazyHarij said:
If that is true, the game is already ruined :angry:
Hey it wouldn't be that bad controlling Alyx. Besides I think that was actually rumored to be part of a set of bonus missions, not the standard single player game.
This is funny, were having conversations where everything takes place inside spoiler tags.

ahhhh tooo many spoiler tags.... i am going to go work do my business project and finish my calc homework... this is going to drive me mad.

Tell us how long this years E3 video will be.... I signed up just to ask this.

Strikeman said:
sorry about that, i didn't really know how spoiler tags work; didn't really think it spoiled something.

and I was mistaking Gordon for somebody else but I can't remember who.
Hey Strikeman, you saw the game running in real time for just one moment? If so, how is it looking? I became a bit worried after those last leaked screenies... ah, and what about HDR, was it visible?

The Mullinator said:
Hey it wouldn't be that bad controlling Alyx. Besides I think that was actually rumored to be part of a set of bonus missions, not the standard single player game.
This is funny, were having conversations where everything takes place inside spoiler tags.

Bonus missions? Anyhow, Valve always seemed to want to portray that YOU really are Hordon in the game, not just in the HL-universe as various characters.

That is by far the creepiest picture I have ever seen, Apos.

LALALALLALALAL I'm soooooo darn excited!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:
Everyone keep posting more stuff and Strikeman hurry up with those new pics !!!!! (plz)

OnboardError said:
Tell us how long this years E3 video will be.... I signed up just to ask this.

Welcome :)

How's HL2World?

Spoiler alert: new character in game, named "Hordon" :)

CrazyHarij said:
Bonus missions? Anyhow, Valve always seemed to want to portray that YOU really are Hordon in the game, not just in the HL-universe as various characters.
Lmao who's Hordon? :D :D :D :E :E

CrazyHarij said:

The PC Zone article stated one of the planned expansion packs would feature alyx's backstory, and your right the main game is for gordon.

Strikeman: How many of these movies will be @E3 ?

Hordon is Gordon's evil twin.. you ever wonder who the "other" scientist is!? He's HORDON! He wears a blue HEV suit and..

okay, I'll stop while I'm ahead (behind)

Shuzer said:
Hordon is Gordon's evil twin.. you ever wonder who the "other" scientist is!? He's HORDON! He wears a blue HEV suit and..

You should be ashamed of yourself, You know full well the suit is pink :(

felipaopl said:
Hey Strikeman, you saw the game running in real time for just one moment? If so, how is it looking? I became a bit worried after those last leaked screenies... ah, and what about HDR, was it visible?

HDR, what is that? And since im asking a question, ive heard a lot about DS.. which is?

Shuzer said:

WOW, You're soo right!
(not being sarcastic)
(honestly)

Always featuring "Hordon?"

what about corporal shepard and barney calhoun? Valve has no problem with you controlling other characters, just not in the main HL2 game.

The board says DISC... I'm a million percent sure, I zoomed it, and you would notice that ALL the letters on the board are capitalized and I don't think there is a letter that looks like C other than C....

Start discriptions? (like character profiles 'n crap)

heh, I have loads of pics of loads of whiteboards with loads of text you all prolly want to see :)

but instead, i'm going to give you these 5 pictures.

funnybackground.jpg contains just the background of one of the developers workstations; nothing HL2 related.

moretshirts.jpg contains the (missing) left part of one of the photos in the original article; You'll find 1 or 2 new tshirts there.

3dmoddeling.jpg shows one of the HL2 characters in a 3D modelling program.

puppetarmy.jpg has the wrong filename :) it's actually a real size doll with the clothes of the assassin (?); correct me on this please :)

hl2-website.jpg shows (from far away, with no detail whatsoever) a glimpse of the soon to be HL2 website.

Attachments

• funnybackground.jpg
    funnybackground.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 444
  • moretshirts.jpg
    moretshirts.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 434
  • 3dmodelling.jpg
    3dmodelling.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 425
  • puppetarmy.jpg
    puppetarmy.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 458
  • hl2-website.jpg
    hl2-website.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 427
Next up: the level designers' office. While they were still working on a couple of Half-Life 2 levels, they took some time out for us to show us some of their favourite pieces of imaginary; the "car trap", the "fire trap" and the tool shed :). It was funny and a nice showcase of the physics engine. "Wow, ouch, damn" was about all you could hear during this 5 minute preview. We actually shot some movies there but we don't want to spoil anyone's fun so we're going to keep them for ourselves.

jesus christ! show us the freaking tapes you recorded!!!!!!!!!

WaterMelon34 said:
The board says DISC... I'm a million percent sure, I zoomed it, and you would notice that ALL the letters on the board are capitalized and I don't think there is a letter that looks like C other than C....

Start discriptions? (like character profiles 'n crap)

Sure and 6/4 can be Buy Spell Checker

We also got 120 of these :) (I just took this picture).

Spoiler alert ! It shows a couple of HL2 characters (duh) !

Attachments

• hl2-poster.jpg
    hl2-poster.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 450
w00t for more shirts! i love TFC shirts.. I should get myself one of those

EDIT: Why dont any of the things like images/bold/wrap tags/insert hyperlinks work when i post a message? darn websites ending in #

please share

Not to be disrespectful, but why the hell can't you just show us everything you have? What you can show us doesn't even compare to what you must've felt like seeing it in person, so can't you just upload al lthe pics, videos, and info you have? I definitely think the fans have waited long enough to deserve that. Share the love, man...share it.

Strikeman said:
puppetarmy.jpg has the wrong filename :) it's actually a real size doll with the clothes of the assassin (?); correct me on this please :)

It's wearing imitation WWII era military clothes (winter), also wearing an imitation German helmet, and it also has a spade or stihletta hand grenade up the left sleeve.

You went to valve didnt u... STRIKEMAN!?

Lobster u retard, the C is smeared. >_< * what a f***ing idiot.. *

JEBUS STOP MAKING FUN OF ME BECAUSE I MISSPELLED GORDON!!

grrr.. :(

THIS JUST IN: Strikeman is actually that fat bastard himself, Gabe. You are what nightmares are made of, sir.

what about the E3 presentation? can you give us any hints?

rbf1138 said:
THIS JUST IN: Strikeman is actually that fat bastard himself, Gabe. You are what nightmares are made of, sir.

Wow , way to make him post more stuff dude? somone get the gun

Ok, I'll stop flaming, but I don't understand why he feels it's his responsibility to withhold spoilers from us...He's not an employee of Valve, he's an equal to us, so why should he not share like everyone else does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back