Students took trip to Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell us how long the E3 video for this years show is from what you have see so far.

Yes, you'd better stop flaming.

Maybe he'd just rather keep it to himself. I probably would.

Not to be disrespectful, but why the hell can't you just show us everything you have? What you can show us doesn't even compare to what you must've felt like seeing it in person, so can't you just upload al lthe pics, videos, and info you have? I definitely think the fans have waited long enough to deserve that. Share the love, man...share it.

you just mentioned part of the reason; what I can show you doesn't even compare to what we've felt in person, so there's no point in posting blurry pictures (cause admittely most of them are) or crappy movies (all the movies have been made with digital PHOTOcameras, so they're crappy, shaky and without sound).
This, imho, would do no good to the game; I therefor see no reason in posting them. BTW, if I did, I think this thread would be even more full with people who think they saw something on a whiteboard.

And the rest of the piccies is kinda all the stuff I showed you but just more of it. No point in showing a pic of the same developer 10 times, now is there ?

included is the last picture; for the people that didn't find it on the pics in the official article, here's the headcrab that's living under the ceiling at the Valve offices.

Attachments

• real-headcrab.jpg
    real-headcrab.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 442
rbf1138 said:
Ok, I'll stop flaming, but I don't understand why he feels it's his responsibility to withhold spoilers from us...He's not an employee of Valve, he's an equal to us, so why should he not share like everyone else does?
Cause he knows that even if we might enjoy the new info, we will definitely feel sorry for seeing it (later on), when we will get to play the game.
AKA spoil our experience in the long run.

Yes! yes! YEEEEESSSSS!

*Inserts IV trailing from computer into arm, realizes that it's not enough, and injects it directly into the brain*

Oh man, that's coffee....

Stop bothering him, he went to Valve, he gets to control his media. If you want this stuff, you go to Valve.

Just my opinion

holy crap, thx private ryan this is wild new info EVERY day its like the old days wow im overloaded almost.... viva la hl2!!! :sniper: :sniper: :monkee:

Strikeman said:
you just mentioned part of the reason; what I can show you doesn't even compare to what we've felt in person, so there's no point in posting blurry pictures (cause admittely most of them are) or crappy movies (all the movies have been made with digital PHOTOcameras, so they're crappy, shaky and without sound).
This, imho, would do no good to the game; I therefor see no reason in posting them. BTW, if I did, I think this thread would be even more full with people who think they saw something on a whiteboard.

Thanks for showing us the stuff before though, Keeps us all busy with arguing till E3 :)

Apos said:
Might be genetically related somehow, but I think our speculative consensus is that it is some sort of huge dropship.
Yeah that's wut i thought initially, but then again look at the muscle on those "arms" and just how similar it looks to a headcrab.

OnboardError said:
Please tell us how long the E3 video for this years show is from what you have see so far.

At the moment we saw it I think it was about 2-3 minutes ? The guy had just started on it so I think it's not really representative.

the movie shows an explosion in something that looks like a glass house. nasty little aliens attack (no headcrabs). next scene you're walking through a wide hallway; there's a guy on fire (neat stuff) running towards you. you avoid him. next scene is a very small hallway; aliens are coming your way; lighting effects are shown on the wall.

Rebel X said:
Yeah that's wut i thought initially, but then again look at the muscle on those "arms" and just how similar it looks to a headcrab.

The first time that concept art was released I think it was released as dropship.jpg

Nvm i'm pretty sure it's a dropship myself but maybe, just maybe...

there are 3 types of headcrab, i mentioned that in the article (i think). a normal one, a fast one, a poison one; you figure out what they do ;-)

i'll stop spoiling now, although to be honest i haven't spoiled a thing yet, believe me :)

Rebel X said:
Nvm i'm pretty sure it's a dropship myself but maybe, just maybe...

Keep up your hopes! And remember, Hordon Freeman will probably assist you! :D

CrazyHarij said:
The first time that concept art was released I think it was released as dropship.jpg
Oh yeah i think you're right.
Sorry everyone for wasting precious posting space.

As much as I might want to hear more, I am quite thankful that he is keeping mum. He knows what's best.

Shuzer said:
Lightning on the wall? or lighting :|

lol, same thing surely, lightning outside = lighting, but whatever :O

Rebel X said:
Lol Hordon and the D-man maybe...

:LOL:
/me goes to get some paper and pencils and starts sketching on the Hordon Freeman universe

Apos said:
As much as I might want to hear more, I am quite thankful that he is keeping mum. He knows what's best.

heh thx for the credit; I prolly don't really know what's best but I know if I would've been told what I've seen, It would kinda spoil my game a bit. kinda a bit alot.

HL2 is a funny game :)

Strikeman said:
i'll stop spoiling now, although to be honest i haven't spoiled a thing yet, believe me :)

Thank you for posting stuff. Don't listen to those people who are flaming you, they are immature people who can't appreciate what has been given to them.

where did you get the information concerning Hordon ?

G0rgon said:

not talking to me I think ? unless I misspelled Gordon for Hordon somewhere, but I know of no character named Hordon.
imho that would be just a bit Lame :)

*walks into thread*

Wild speculations: Check
Spoilers abound: Check
Hype building: Check
New users infesting thread: Check
Semi ignorant "veteran" *cough* trying to crack a joke: Check
Success of joke: Minimal

/dies

but yeah thanks for the info.

[not related to discussion(i think)]
Is wind really simulated in Half-life2?
Cause i know that the wires move because of wind but is it really physically simulated.
And if yes can i really make my own plane and jump off a cliff(in theory)?

G0rgon said:

lmfao, it starts with a miss spelling, and ends like this.

Rebel X said:
Cause i know that the wires move because of wind but is it really physically simulated.

Air is classifed as a fluid. HL2 does not have fluid dynamics. It would be increidble complicated (and expensive computational) to have fluid dynamics in the game. We won't see a game that has fluid dynamics in it for a looooong time.

Strikeman said:
not talking to me I think ? unless I misspelled Gordon for Hordon somewhere, but I know of no character named Hordon.
imho that would be just a bit Lame :)

LOL, no Strikeman, someone Misspelled it and I was a bit confused about it.

thanks

Insert said:
lmfao, it starts with a miss spelling, and ends like this.

Do you think it ends like this? No way. I'm gonna make a dozen Hordon avatars (making one rightnow) , and when HL2 is out , first thing I'm gonna do is a Hordon mod. :devil:

Rebel X said:

Not natural wind as such, apart from a constant force causing the slack cables to move, you can simulate wind as a force that pushes obects, one of the valve devs said they made a tornado using lots of these linked together, The gunships proppeler also applies this force.

Thanks for the info Strikeman. I have been to a number of other HL2 related forums and this news has not yet filtered to them yet. They are all still arguing with each other about E3 and stuff.

This thread has just re-affirmed my faith in Valve and also that this is the best HL2 forum going at the moment. My warm fuzzy feeling has returned and I have started talking about HL2 again with friends, something which was sorely lacking over the past 6 months. Hell, this is my first post since just after the leak...

Keep up the good work !

Strikeman,

What’s your impression on the NPC plus enemies AI level ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back