The Completely Unofficial (But Danimal & Ennui Endorsed) NIN Thread

Ooh heat sensitive, that's just the kind of gimmick nin fans would go crazy over. If you saw another CD for a band you hated that did that you'd be thinking "wow totally useless gimmick, who cares" Heheh :p
Pretty much :p

Although it does reveal some ones and zeroes. Which - given the number of awesome things going on in the ARG - probably won't end up being meaningless.

Pretty much :p

Although it does reveal some ones and zeroes. Which - given the number of awesome things going on in the ARG - probably won't end up being meaningless.

Yeah....those zeroes and ones already got cracked and it lead to the site "www.exterminal.net". Actually got solved before April 17th.

I've just been reading up on the ARG stuff, and if the rumours are true and there is a film project in the works - this could be really awesome.

Remember how last week a bunch of people in LA got AIR kits with cell phones from some dudes in a van somewhere? Well, these lucky fans got calls on their phones telling them to show up at a certain location last night, and what began as an AIR meeting led to a secret Nine Inch Nails performance that was prematurely ended by the local SWAT team.

http://www.opensourceresistance.net/

After watching the video, the "SWAT" invasion was obviously staged to end the concert in a dramatic way. The video is a great watch though. We're In This Together live is reason enough.

This whole "resistance" theme behind this album is ridiculous. It's just music. They're using this album to push some crazy idea on fans, and everyone is gullable and faithful enough to follow.

Get the **** out. If you don't like it, don't post. You already posted once. Just **** off already. Goddamn.

0_0

What?

Chill...

Edit: That vid was crazy, I would have been scared as **** D:

But how did they find out about it and why did they raid it?

Aha, I had a feeling it was staged. Right when I read your post and started watching the vid I was thinking "you know I bet some of the people thought it was part of the act"
Makes sense now. Pretty cool.

Since Qonf is being a boob about it, I'm going to say that I'm not trying to insult the music or the fanbase (ok my last post kind of said that but I meant that I bet some people just blindly follow whatever NIN says is cool), I do like some NIN, and yeah. I would be in no place to bash it because I've hardly heard any of it. There seems to be an attitude problems because I'm not trying to be hostile. Excuse me for expressing my opinion on the subject. I don't see the thread titled "nin fans only, no bashing" all it says is NIN thread so I would assume any opinion is welcome, especially if it's expressed in a sincere way.

Although I'm not looking forward to the consequences of two moderators on this board being nin fans :LOL:

I don't see YOUR name in the thread title.

You aren't a true fan. Gtfo.

Also, Kage, please don't warn Qonf. It was just an initial reaction, we all have them, me and Qonf are chatting it up right now we are fine. I feel guilty now.

Damn that video is really stuttering for me

D:

Veg, the "resistance theme" is just a part of the ARG. It's a big game, it's not like Trent is trying to overthrow the US government or something, he's just... just...

Oh... oh god... I have to go.

*dons trenchcoat*

Veg, the "resistance theme" is just a part of the ARG. It's a big game, it's not like Trent is trying to overthrow the US government or something, he's just... just...

Oh... oh god... I have to go.

*dons trentcoat*

It has begun!

Gtfo.

By the way, I am ****ing shocked that I was able to go to that Open Source Resistance, but never heard about it. It's just a few minutes away. I am mucho sadness.

Ok, haven't listened to it... but my disc is white with all the detail when I took it out. Went on wikipedia and found this...

Wiki said:
There are also (possibly multiple) copies of Year Zero in circulation without the apparent thermo-chrome face. These cd's, upon the removal of the packaging appear to reveal the white face without any heating. Inquiries are being put forth to determine whether or not this is a factory defect, although the cd(s) still play as normal.

Rofl.

Carefully held it in the freezer, looked like it was burning up... freaky :)

Good album, just felt some of the songs sounded a bit samey.

Hmm the only songs that sounded even remotely samey I thought was The Warning and Meet Your Master. This album is much more unique than With Teeth

I have the perfect remix/mashup idea for Vessel.

Anywho, I might try Capital G when I get the time.

Downloading MVH multi-track files... going to remix it :D

Seeing NIN live in exactly 10 days :D

First show of the new tour.

First show to hear YZ songs live :D

http://www.exhibit24.net/

I wonder if this is the end of thoe whole ARG for now, since that site pretty much compiles everything involved with the ARG. Its a great site to catch up on everything though since I do know I've been missing out on a couple of em.

All I do know is that my name is on the Subversive people lists:
http://www.exhibit24.net/net1.htm
http://www.exhibit24.net/net2.htm

Ctrl+F Sonickers on both of those and I show up with the numbers 24.24.1.1395 and 24.24.2.2639. Oooooooooh how cool is that.

This site was found through audio files in the Capital G multi-track that showed up with people's ETS avatars when run through a spectrograph. Then they got the first letters of those member's names and eventually got "exhibit twenty four" out of it.

That's awesome :D

Also, mixing Capital G through Acid is an absolute bitch. Anyone got some pre-beatmapped files?

Back