The Completely Unofficial (But Danimal & Ennui Endorsed) NIN Thread

I like this album more than With Teeth, it's moved away from the more rock feel of with teeth and explored more electronic areas. It's just what I wanted and expected. Fantastic album! Top tier!
Hits the spot! :)

I'll wait until its "new album" feel wears off. When With Teeth came out I thought it was amazingly awesome, but, as some people know, I rank With Teeth his worst album.

What a lot of people seem to be missing is that there is more to this than an album. The ARG isn't just marketing for the album, it's part of a broader experience/message that is being potrayed.

I'd like to see a new thread for the discussion of the thing as a whole.

They also seem to be missing that there is going to be a sequel to this album next year

So, Year Zero comes out tomorrow. I can't wait to get it. Judging by the "What are you listening to now" thread I'm guessing most of you guys are excited for it as well lol

Don't tell us ANYTHING about it, I want it to be a surprise!

If it wasn't for my job I'd have gone searching for a midnight release.

Just as well, since I've got some errands tomorrow and I'll pick up a copy in the morning. Can't wait :D

I got Year Zero..I like the artwork and booklet. The thermochrome is really cool too

What are your guys' favorite songs off the album? I personally like good soldier and Survivalism so far. I haven't given it a proper listen through, but I plan on doing it today.

Zero sum, in this twilight, the great destroyer, the greater good, meet your master, god given, the warning, my violent heart, me im not, beginning of the end.

Oh... and all the others...

So far my favorite line from this album is this one from Good Soldier. "When the bass goes "bomb"' If you've heard it, you'll know what I mean.

To whoever has it: play it in a CD player, then take it out. It turns color when it's read with a laser (so something of that fashion). I took it out of my CD player in my car going, "What the hell happened to it?"

To whoever has it: play it in a CD player, then take it out. It turns color when it's read with a laser (so something of that fashion). I took it out of my CD player in my car going, "What the hell happened to it?"

NO WAI

Interesting.

I'm heading out to pick it up in a couple of minutes.

Seriously. When it's sitting out, it's a dark brown with black glitch-design. When you take it out, it's pure white with writing all over it. It slowly fades back to dark brown as it sits. So ****ing cool.

It changes color becuase of heat. It can also change color if you put your hand on it for a couple of seconds.

I got mine a little while ago (had to drive an hour and a half just to pick it up) and its effing awesome!! Well worth the wait.

Well, moving from the "dumbness" that more applies to the poster, here are some picture of the packaging if you want a peak. If not, don't click.

wideoutside.jpg

cd.jpg

booklet.jpg

booket.jpg

wideinside.jpg

That's really cool.

**** it, I'm leaving now... was gonna wait another hour or two so I could multitask (I have to pick my bro up then) but I can't wait

Gonna go pick it up at Hot topic (yep). You can get Year Zero, a shirt, and an AIR patch for $20.

Such a great reward for a daring journey.

edit - Just got it. What happened to the CD when I touched it surprised the hell out of me :p

LOL, I was the same when I took it out of my computer. Could've sworn the disc was black when I put it in...

Gonna go pick it up at Hot topic (yep). You can get Year Zero, a shirt, and an AIR patch for $20.

Such a great reward for a daring journey.

edit - Just got it. What happened to the CD when I touched it surprised the hell out of me :p

:LOL: To be honest I think I'm more comfortable just spending the $12 at Best Buy, Hot Topic honestly is not somewhere I can deal with being.

The heat-sensitive CD is soooo cool btw.

:LOL: To be honest I think I'm more comfortable just spending the $12 at Best Buy, Hot Topic honestly is not somewhere I can deal with being.

Tell me about it. Everyone in there seemed to be thinking "OMG HE'S NORMAL, DON'T LET HIS NORMALNESS SPREAD TO ME."

I got a patch though.

Wow, you guys really have to get over the Hot Topic thing. IT'S JUST A STORE.

Nice MP5A5 with RIS vertical foregrip, and some brand of red dot sight, might be Reflex.

Ooh heat sensitive, that's just the kind of gimmick nin fans would go crazy over. If you saw another CD for a band you hated that did that you'd be thinking "wow totally useless gimmick, who cares" Heheh :p

And on the topic of Hot Topic, I mostly hate everyone that would shop there, except I got a Fooly Cooly shirt there ^_^

Wow, you guys really have to get over the Hot Topic thing. IT'S JUST A STORE.

You are correct. Hot Topic is just a store, this is just a forum, 4chan is just a website, wikipedia is just a project, the world is just a rock with some living things scurrying around, etc etc etc. Context. It's perfectly reasonable to rail against Hot Topic... lord knows there are plenty of valid connotative attachments against which we can do so.

Back