The current machine gun model.

• Thread starter Mr.Magnetichead
  • Start date
Originally posted by Loshadka
All the animations are incomplete. You can even look at how he selects the granade.

http://mcdonalds.nm***/hafalafa/SNAG-79.jpg

http://mcdonalds.nm***/hafalafa/SNAG-80.jpg

Yeah that's definatelly incomplete. You would never pull a pin on a grenade right away, unless you're playing CS or something.

Hmmm, I think its a mistake by valve to include OCIW as a player weapon in HL2, because its a so complex weapon, its not even a weapon, its a weaponsplatform, it has night vision, infrared vision, laser range finder, programble grenades, so on, so forth... If most of these "features" are not present in the game, well its kinda of a let down. So much dead weight. I, personally, never did like the OCIW, its huge and weighs a ton, why not put a light tank on the field instead? Same cost basicly. =)

HL2 will rock, OCIW or not, but if someone needs to put in a assault rifle with scope and gren.l. use a m16, and a more futuristic one? Spice up the FAMAS.

PS (You can also see clearly in bugbait that the soldiers carry OCIW also, when they die, they drop one.)

Who knows, maybe all those features will be implemented in HL2?

Originally posted by jayte
Hmmm, I think its a mistake by valve to include OCIW as a player weapon in HL2, because its a so complex weapon, its not even a weapon, its a weaponsplatform, it has night vision, infrared vision, laser range finder, programble grenades, so on, so forth... If most of these "features" are not present in the game, well its kinda of a let down. So much dead weight. I, personally, never did like the OCIW, its huge and weighs a ton, why not put a light tank on the field instead? Same cost basicly. =)

HL2 will rock, OCIW or not, but if someone needs to put in a assault rifle with scope and gren.l. use a m16, and a more futuristic one? Spice up the FAMAS.

PS (You can also see clearly in bugbait that the soldiers carry OCIW also, when they die, they drop one.)

I have to say that the OCIW looks phat though, and that's probably why they included it. And if the gun has those features in the game (not likely though I think) then it's even more awsome.

Back to the models, i don't like them either. The models in Halo and Halo2 are much better i reckon.

Why wouldnt you pull the pin out? If your getting a grenade out youre planning to use it no?

As long as Gord keeps the preassure on the trigger that thing wont go off.

Originally posted by Mr.Magnetichead
Why wouldnt you pull the pin out? If your getting a grenade out youre planning to use it no?

He puts the grenade away without putting the pin back in. It'd just look alot better for Gordon to remove the pin when you click the fire button, rather than triggering the animation when he gets the grenade out.

But if you don't use are you going to put the pin back?

The only game where it makes sense to do that is CS, because if someone kills you at close range the grenade is automatically dropped and will heavily damage or kill the attacker.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
But if you don't use are you going to put the pin back?

The only game where it makes sense to do that is CS, because if someone kills you at close range the grenade is automatically dropped and will heavily damage or kill the attacker.
It takes less time to throw it this way. Remember in HL there was like a 1 sec delay when using the nade because he had to pull the pin out? Well now he can just throw it right away. I love the idea.
EDIT- BTW the trigger on a grenade is called a spoon. ;)

Originally posted by Abom|nation
He puts the grenade away without putting the pin back in.
Yeah but the equivalent would be watching him put the safety on the USP as he puts that away... Boring to watch, slow to change, pointless.

Originally posted by El_Chi
Yeah but the equivalent would be watching him put the safety on the USP as he puts that away... Boring to watch, slow to change, pointless.

Uh, I'd be alot more sure to put a pin back into a grenade than forget to put the safety on a gun...

Once again, its probibly something they will fix b4 the game releases.

es but in terms of watching it as an animation it seems a bit over the top. Yes, it makes sense, but it doesn't make for efficient, quick weapon-changing

Originally posted by El_Chi
es but in terms of watching it as an animation it seems a bit over the top. Yes, it makes sense, but it doesn't make for efficient, quick weapon-changing

I know, I know, but in terms of errors, that's a pretty big one - so many people will notice it, but I'm sure it will get changed, yes.

ya doooods!!!!!! teh gun are so boring and crappy OMG@ they are sucky!! WE need the lAZRE guns that shot the plamsa CHARGER and warp time while dispensing 10 rockets!!!!!

I was being sarcastic, anyways i dont know how these guns are "boring" if they are completely based off real guns which look just like the models do. Nevermind just forget i was here.

I didnt say they were boring, i said the model for the mp7 was bad.

Hey, the MP-7 could be an UMP.45. The OICW is gonna replace the line of M16 in the year 2010. By then, the MP-5 will be obsolete.

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Hey, the MP-7 could be an UMP.45. The OICW is gonna replace the line of M16 in the year 2010. By then, the MP-5 will be obsolete.

Doubt it.

ump45.gif

I know, I know, but in terms of errors, that's a pretty big one - so many people will notice it, but I'm sure it will get changed, yes.
I still think that putting a pin back in a grenade is a little fiddy in ideal circumstances and seems kind of pointless to include. I see where you're coming from and it DOES look a bit odd but I'm so far from caring about that.

Well, my 4th grade duty teacher told me that if you pull the pin of a grenade, it wouldn't explode. Grenades only explode when they hit a hard surface. Specifically, a grenade like the MK.II Pineapple grenade

i dont think the models are all that bad, there fine. plus we havent even seen much about new guns so perhaps there are some really cool ones we arent allowed to see yet.

the part im worried about is the sounds. i cringe when i hear the pistol and machine guns fireing now. not only do they seem really weak, they are annoying to boot. it sounds like somthing is ripping through paper, i cant stand it.

edit: is that why your teacher is missing an arm tredoslop? lol, just joking

There is no confirmed sniper rifle yet, so we should be talking about that. But, seeing that there is no headshots in Half-Life 2, there would be no need for a sniper rifle, if there is, then the MSG90-A1 would do.

What do you mean "there's no head-shots"? Are you talking decapitation here, because I've been assuming that a similar damage model to HL1 would have been employed, ie: Head shots do most damage, torso slightly less, etc etc.
Anyway, sniper rifles are wicked bad, decapitation or no.

In Half-Life 2's video, Gordon shot a Combine in the head like, 6 times.
In Wolfenstein, you had to shoot the helmet off then shoot his head 2 more times(or 1). So head shots don't really matter.
And do you mean Sniper Rifles are wicked bad as a good thing or a bad thing?

Well, my 4th grade duty teacher told me that if you pull the pin of a grenade, it wouldn't explode. Grenades only explode when they hit a hard surface. Specifically, a grenade like the MK.II Pineapple grenade

Thats complete bollocks.

Thats complete bollocks.

Yep, once the spoon is removed, the 3-5 second fuse burns down.

The pin is different to the spoon. The spoon is the part that flies off when you release your grip from the grenade.

Look here: http://www.sproe.com/images/grenade-us.gif

On the far left is the spoon, the bit that follows down the side of the grenade. You know that the pin is the circular shaped part already.

back on the subject of the guns. I hope that they find a way to implement the OIWC properly. I played 2 games that used the OIWC. One was SoF2 which had all the options on an OIWC targeting, zoom, night vision, grenades. However to acess nightvision and grenades you had to use this little gui built into the gun that was too time consuming to be effective especially when trying to program grenades, i've never seen anyone do it on the fly without dying

The other was Red Faction 2, all they did was change the name to NIWC but essentially the same gun, looked just like an OIWC. However in RF2 it had no zoom, no night vision, no nade programming, just targeting, bullets, and shooting nades. However it was very effective

Now if we were to make the gun have all the options it would be a pain in the ass to use, if we simplified it too much it would suck majorly. I hope halflife 2 manages to find an easy way to use the OIWC to its fullest potential, or at least somene make a mod for it

It's OICW, not OIWC. And I have to agree, SoF II's OICW was confusing. But in RF2, the NICW outlined your targets with out the zoom.

dont suppose he was missing any limbs was he......:bounce: :cool:

My understanding is that the pin holds the handle in place. Once the handle is released, the timer starts. So you can pull the pin and just hold it as long as you keep the handle pressed. I'm not sure though, that's just what my understanding is.

Originally posted by MrTeatime
My understanding is that the pin holds the handle in place. Once the handle is released, the timer starts. So you can pull the pin and just hold it as long as you keep the handle pressed. I'm not sure though, that's just what my understanding is.

That is correct.

It actually fires 4.6 x 30mm rifle cartridges, the reason it's classed as a submachine gun is because it's magazine-fed, as I mentioned earlier.

I beg to differ.

sub·ma·chine gun ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sbm-shn)
n.
A lightweight automatic gun that shoots pistol ammunition, is usually fired from the shoulder or hip, and often has the capacity for shooting single rounds.

machine gun
n.
A gun that fires rapidly and repeatedly.

pulling the pin just makes for a better looking animtion when he pulls out his grenade.

Originally posted by Peks
pulling the pin just makes for a better looking animtion when he pulls out his grenade.

But why can't they have the same animation when he throws it instead?

But it's neither a submachine gun nor a machine gun. It's a new class of guns: PDW - Personal Defence Weapon. But it's closer to the subMG then to the MG.

Back